1. #1
    Stood in the Fire Ellumina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    350

    Disc Priest [Raid Healer] - Drop Inspiration?

    Hi there. Currently, my priest is 8/13 in 10m and working on H Nef and H Al'akir. I've had a pretty settled disc spec for a while, but I'm considering picking up Evangelism & Archangel. I tend to use Atonement here and there whenever I get the chance, and I'm rarely main tank healing (I usually just help out and throw bubbles accordingly). I don't use it so much on fights like Omni or Chim, but I find it particularly nice to use for Nef P2, Halfus, V&T, Magmaw head down, etc. so the AA would be nice to have. I'm wondering if it would be worth it then to drop Inspiration to pick up Evangelism (and to go from 2/2 to 1/2 Veiled Shadows for AA).

    Thanks =]

    ~ Ellumina - Kil'jaeden US (can't link my armory =/ not enough posts yet!)


    EDIT:

    To be a little more specific, what would you advise for H Nefarian?

    Healing Assignments
    P1
    - Holy Pally on Nef tank
    - Resto Shaman on Ony tank
    - Disc Priest on add tank & raid
    P2
    - I'm healing 2 tanks and a warlock (4 on my platform =[)
    P3
    - Holy Pally on add tank
    - Resto Shaman on Nef tank
    - Disc Priest on raid
    Last edited by Ellumina; 2011-06-10 at 01:30 AM.

  2. #2
    Check with your other healers to see if they have the same buff from their spec. If so, I'd say it might be worth it to drop it if you're absolutely sure you don't need it. It is an extremely helpful buff to have, even on the raid.

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire Ellumina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    Check with your other healers to see if they have the same buff from their spec. If so, I'd say it might be worth it to drop it if you're absolutely sure you don't need it. It is an extremely helpful buff to have, even on the raid.
    I have a Resto Shaman with Ancestral Healing (3rd healer is a Holy Pally). Do you know if the two buffs stack?

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire Cypher0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tuscola, Illinois
    Posts
    385
    I strongly doubt they stack. Most buffs like that don't, but I don't really have proof.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher0 View Post
    I strongly doubt they stack. Most buffs like that don't, but I don't really have proof.
    They don't stack. In 10man if the other 2 healers give the 10% physical damage decrease you can think about dropping Inspiration. If they don't (which is your case) you should keep it. Risking not having the buff on tanks is dangerous.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Zubacz View Post
    They don't stack. In 10man if the other 2 healers give the 10% physical damage decrease you can think about dropping Inspiration. If they don't (which is your case) you should keep it. Risking not having the buff on tanks is dangerous.
    Even if they did, a Holy Priest and a Resto Shaman don't have anywhere near the uptime that a Discipline Priest is capable of. Ask any Paladin if they'd like to go from 40% block to 50% (before the Holy Shield change next patch) and they'd probably poop themselves. That's what Inspiration does, 10% reduced physical damage, except it counts not just for blocked hits but those that slip by the combat table too!
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  7. #7
    In 25man, I would lean towards no, but 10man will have the Disc priest healing the tank far more often, even if he or she is a primary raid healer.

    So, in 10man, I would lean towards picking it up. Of course, if you are primary on the tank, its mandatory.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •