10+ Year Old Account

Question DPS Help (I don't know what I'm doing wrong)

My Shadow Priest is iLvL 359, and I pull about 14-16k DPS in boss fights, my friend has been saying that I should be pulling around 18k DPS. I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong, I'm making sure my DoTs are refreshed right before they fall off. I'm casting my Shadowfiend on cooldown, and Mind Blast. My Empowered Shadows is always up in the boss fights. Just confused about whats going wrong, anymore mind giving me some tips or advice for what could be wrong? Please and thank you

Here's my armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ydene/advanced
    Last edited by Trydene; 2011-06-10 at 03:54 AM.

Your haste is a bit low for your ilevel, but it could be because you're prioritizing spirit/hit over haste. If you prefer hitcap, that's fine, but if you have the skill/connectivity to manage the refreshes, it's worth trying out a lower hit rating.

Get the 50 Int enchant on bracers. Get the +15 stats enchant on your chest, +20 if you can afford it. Shoulders aren't that great, try to get tier ones once available. (I see your Cho'gall kill =p) Bell of Enraging Resonance is okay, but definitely go for the Mirror once you see it drop.

Are you using AA on CD after refreshes? Do you refresh when you get 2+ procs? Using SW: D after 25%? Potting and pre-potting?
    Last edited by Zuziza; 2011-06-10 at 04:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly, I never seen tier token drop for priest lol Was rare to get one in ICC too (Just got the ZA shoulders yesterday)
    Yes, I am using AA on CD after the DoTs are refreshed
    I do refresh DoTs when I get more than 2 procs
    I always cast SW: D after 25%, except for Halfus (I always managed to 2 shot myself to death) and Chim
    My gold is always under 400g lol But one of our raid leader's alt leveled up his Alchemy so there will be more pots in the G-Bank and Volcanic Potion is the one I need. So maybe that's the problem, potting before boss pull and potting after the CD finished or if Bloodlust/Time Warp is poped (if we have a mage or shaman in the raid)
    Last edited by Trydene; 2011-06-10 at 04:29 AM.

Another question is lag. If you've got all that handled, you should be able to pull some decent numbers, even without DI.

10+ Year Old Account
    We rarely get a warlock in the group xD
    I do get FPS lag, maybe 10 FPS in a boss fight, I rarely get delay lag and such, my latency is usually at 100-250
    As for the hit rating (sorry I didn't include it on the reply to your questions) one of my AddOns makes this gloppy electric sound if any of my spells miss, so maybe I can take some of that hit/spirit and turn it into haste. I think it's Mik Scrolling Battle Text or XForte that does the gloppy electric sound.

The low FPS may be messing with you. Make sure your graphics are low (but projected textures is on). I raid with everything on the lowest setting and get about the same as you. =( Need a new comp. Try running a little lower on hit. Unless you can give us a WoL link, I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Use the Rep gloves over the Tier gloves if you don't have 4p.

Neck shoulder and wand should be reforged into haste, UNLESS you prefer to be at hit cap.

Saying how much DPS you pull without knowing what raid buffs you are getting doesn't help (and for which fights.)

Do you have any raid logs (like from world of logs)? I am assuming you don't since you didn't post it, but figured I would ask

Often the issue is DoT uptimes. But it isn't possible to tell without logs.

The purple gem in your belt isn't worth it, should switch to int. 20 hit rating would drop you to 16.9% hit, but that .1% over hit cap is completely wasted. Also, some creative reforging would yield an extra 10 spirit/hit which would still be an improvement since you would net more int (but only if you can't stand being 0.1% under hit cap).

10 fps?

stop making your other guildmates game time a misery because you do not have a good PC

Seriously they should make an addon or a wow utility to see raiders FPS in raids if your below 25 fps you dont raid simple

Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    10 fps?

stop making your other guildmates game time a misery because you do not have a good PC

Seriously they should make an addon or a wow utility to see raiders FPS in raids if your below 25 fps you dont raid simple
    Stop being dumb. Plenty of people raid perfectly well with 10 FPS and do not hold their team back. Depends on the group you are in/your personal skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope I don't have any logs But I will start next time we raid (hopefully today if people come online)
    I do put all my graphics low lol

@sadface
    I rarely die/cause the healers do heal more from avoidable boss mechanics from FPS, so my guildmates aren't suffering

Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    10 fps?

I often raid with as low as 4 fps on the lowest settings possible (but with projected textures), and I am consistently top or 2nd DPS against a fire mage, a demo/destro/aff (min/maxing) lock that gives DI to our insane raid healing resto druid, and a boomkin. My DPS ranges from 18k-24k depending on the fight. (41k H halfus, cause damn, whelps suck for fps.)

A computer does not make the raider. It makes it harder for them if your comp sucks (3 year old mac laptop ftw), but good raiders make it work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.