Page 1 of 2
LastLast

halo halo halo halo lol

Halo was meant to be a trilogy. Nothing more nothing less.

Some spin offs (reach) were acceptable.

So now we have a new trilogy of halo games incoming...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You do realize that you don't have to play it or even pay any attention to it right?

Pretty sure there is another thread discussing Halo 4 here.

Personally I like the Halo series, although it was just meant to be a trilogy I welcome them developing another one. Halo is too much of a money spinner for Microsoft there was no way they would let it die unless they had another big game lined up.

Deleted
    Would have been harsh to leave the trilogy on such a cliffhanger though! I really can't wait for this!

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Halo was meant to be a trilogy. Nothing more nothing less.

Some spin offs (reach) were acceptable.

So now we have a new trilogy of halo games incoming...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    this is EXACTLY what i thought when Halo 4 was announced. I was not excited at all, I just thought "wtf.....why?"

I can't wait for it either.

3DS FC: 1821-9540-3146
    Electric Safari: Manectric, Pikachu and Emolga. Looking for other friend codes for safari.
    Pre-Ordered Alpha Sapphire

I don't see why people are complaining. You get more Halo, what's not to like?

10+ Year Old Account
    yes there was only meant to be a 3 game series, however if u payed attention in the original it is mentioned that there are 7 of the halo rings, why finish a game series when there is still a major potential threat in that game world that can still be explored, (personally i am not a fan of the newer incarnations of halo, i stopped playing after halo 3), so i quite like the idea that we will finally get to see the remaining set of these ring worlds and what they have in store, also we never got to see what the beastie was doing on the second ring and what role he/it played overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fontaiine View Post
    Would have been harsh to leave the trilogy on such a cliffhanger though! I really can't wait for this!
    Exactly. I just hope that they make the storyline suitably epic.

Also, I'm calling it now... the next Halo game will be Halo: First Contact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by Renard117 View Post
    I don't see why people are complaining. You get more Halo, what's not to like?
    Because Bungie wont be a part of it and it proves how badly microsoft is pinched for Exclusives.

I personally don't like Halo, but this is irrelevant. I don't get when people complain about game franchises, people enjoy playing said games, therefor, they continue to be made, if the game in question is being enjoyed by a fanbase, why should it matter to you if they are still being made or not? No one is forcing you to buy, or pay any attention to it what-so-ever.

For some reason i hated the halo 4 announcement not because i hated halo, cause i love everything with halo. But it seems to me that Bungie officially has no other ideas because they said it was over after Halo 3 but they have no other way to make the big bucks so i guess here comes a rushed halo 4.

If there is demand for it, they must do it. That is called business, welcome to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmifias View Post
    For some reason i hated the halo 4 announcement not because i hated halo, cause i love everything with halo. But it seems to me that Bungie officially has no other ideas because they said it was over after Halo 3 but they have no other way to make the big bucks so i guess here comes a rushed halo 4.

Bungie doesn't have any ideas because they're not making Halo 4, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmifias View Post
    Bungie isn't working on Halo 4 at all. They might have some leftover story input, but that's it. Bungie is now working on a completely unrelated project and they're being published by Activision.

There are some people from Bungie that switched over to 343(the studio that has taken over Halo) though.

I'm personally very excited because I want to see what a non-Bungie studio can do with the franchise. I loved CE-3, but ODST and Reach(multiplayer, the campaign was amazing, even though Monument to All Your Sins is a soul-sucking clusterfuck of death) were misses to me.
    Last edited by blackangel209; 2011-06-10 at 06:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Master Chief was just busy killing Osama...

Halo trilogy is over, "halo 4" is not going to be about the halo rings any more. "Halo 4" could be renamed to something else, since Bungie said they're not going to make any more halo games they're correct because its MS own studio they made to make the next Master Chief games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiducia View Post
    If there is demand for it, they must do it. That is called business, welcome to the real world.
    Not if your company is releasing the same crappy stuff this is 2 years in a row e3 has been /fail for microsoft. They're business is based off of releasing new IPs and entertainment. If your stuff is stale there's no point in being the business if what's demanded of you is just too much to give out

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingcooKiljaeden View Post
    this is EXACTLY what i thought when Halo 4 was announced. I was not excited at all, I just thought "wtf.....why?"
    Did you even play ALL of the Halo 1, 2, & 3 Campaigns and beat them?

...No, you didnt

Halo

I have really enjoyed the Halo series so far. I even liked ODST and Reach. I found that ODST brought more to the table character wise, and in story than just Master Chief going around fighting the Covenant and blowing up the Halo Rings. And after reading Halo: Fall of Reach, I always thought that it would make a great game cause it had such a good story. Even though they brought new characters to be the main focus of Reach, it was still a really enjoyable, and sad game. I like that they are remaking Halo one since I never got to finish the game. I'm also glad that they are making a Halo 4 since Halo 3s ending was so open. But personally I hope that Microsoft doesn't turn the Halo franchise into a cash cow like Activision has turned a lot of their games. I would love to see the Halo series end on a really good note, and be something to be remembered in the future as a excellent series instead of just Microsoft's cash cow.