Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Luigi's Mansion 2 was the single game that made me the most excited, with a close follow-up by Paper Mario 3D (even though I 100% knew that one was coming).

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that they said they'd bring a new SSBx, but I never saw anything about it. I kind of assume they will at this point but you never know
    They're doing a SSB game for the Wii U, and a SSB game for the 3DS. Apparently, there's supposed to be some sort of connectivity between the two, but it's not as if we'll get to know anything until we find out more about the Wii U itelf.

About the windwaker hate turning into love, I noted that a lot of people these days saying that the N64 was a great console while I specifically remember that during the PS1 /N64 days, the N64 was being portrayed as a boring kiddie machine with only a handfull of good games. The PS1 however was a great "hardocre gamers" console.

Now it seems nobody talks too much about the PS1 (FF7 maybe) and a lot of people seem to like the N64 a lot. I was always in the N64 camp so it's weird to see people all of a sudden mention all these N64 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    About the windwaker hate turning into love, I noted that a lot of people these days saying that the N64 was a great console while I specifically remember that during the PS1 /N64 days, the N64 was being portrayed as a boring kiddie machine with only a handfull of good games. The PS1 however was a great "hardocre gamers" console.
    That's primarily the Sony fanboys that said that, and they are still saying that, calling the Wii gimmicky, saying that there's so many "child games" on the Wii and then they brag about how great little big planet is. Yup, that's the average Sony fanboy for you. Also, let's not forget the people that said the N64 was bad usually aren't the ones that say that they love it now.

Now it seems nobody talks too much about the PS1 (FF7 maybe) and a lot of people seem to like the N64 a lot. I was always in the N64 camp so it's weird to see people all of a sudden mention all these N64 games.
    Honestly, the PS1 (and 2) do have a lot more interesting games for me personally to go back to (Tales of Legendia/Abyss, Atelier Iris, Mana Khemia and stuff like that) while I can't really find too many games that I'd like to play where I'd need a N64..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Yup, it was a disgrace to the mario name, and was an AWFUL game. I really dont know why they are making a sequel to one of the worst reviewed game of all time.
    Okay...

Metacritic for Luigi's Mansion: http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/luigis-mansion
    78 Metascore, 7.7 from users. Those are some pretty damn good numbers.

OT: I am somewhat excited for it although I don't own a 3DS at this point because it is a complete waste. Right now the game line up is freaking way too terrible to justify the current price. Maybe once the price is cut once and more games start coming out I will get it. Might as well get that since no way in hell am I wasting money on a Wii U.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-06-10 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post

I had both, while I occasionally played PS1, most of my time was spent on N64, for people to call it boring is kind of funny, since its one of the most fun I've ever had on a console, besides SNES of course.
    Yup, it was a disgrace to the mario name, and was an AWFUL game. I really dont know why they are making a sequel to one of the worst reviewed game of all time.
    Not even close to being the worst reviewed game of all time, look it up a bit before making such claims, just makes you look silly.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-06-10 at 06:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Waluigi should get his own game. No minigame bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I was under the impression that everyone agreed that the first one was awful

hm
    I loved it. It was a nice change of genre for Mario games that actually worked, unlike some of the other "change of genre" games...*cough* Mario is Missing! *cough*

Go play any version of Mario is Missing! or Mario's Time Machine and tell me seriously that you enjoyed it more than Luigi's Mansion.

I dare you.
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-06-10 at 06:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Go play any version of Mario is Missing! or Mario's Time Machine and tell me seriously that you enjoyed it more than Luigi's Mansion.

I dare you.
    Or.. Hotel Mario, OH GOD, I MENTIONED THE UNSPEAKABLE! At least I didn't mention any other games like the Zelda game they made--- OH GOD.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    Luigi's Mansion 2 was the single game that made me the most excited, with a close follow-up by Paper Mario 3D (even though I 100% knew that one was coming).

They're doing a SSB game for the Wii U, and a SSB game for the 3DS. Apparently, there's supposed to be some sort of connectivity between the two, but it's not as if we'll get to know anything until we find out more about the Wii U itelf.
    They have not even started with those games so it will be a very long time. The SSB creator is working on the Kid Icarus game so won't start SSB project till Kid Icarus is done at the earliest : (