Thread: Rift question

Rift question

Hello. I have recently become very bored in WoW, as it lacks the excitement it had for me in BC. Anyways, I was just wondering if you think Rift would fit what I like in a video game?
    I like:
    -People out in the world
    -Interesting lore
    -Raids that arent cakewalks
    -Interactive dungeons where you actually need to talk to groupmembers
    -Need to use a group to complete some quests, instead of total faceroll
    -Good character models, designs, and cool cities and towns
    From this description of what I like, do you guys think I would like Rift?

No, if you don't like wow you won't like Rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moguri View Post
    I don't like WoW and I love Rift.

To the OP, Rift has all of that. Except there's only 2 major cities, maybe 2 smallers ones, the rest are small camps. There are two tiers of 5 man dungeons when you hit endgame, the first tier is simple, the second does require a bit of coordination. The current raids are challenging without being overwhelming being they are the first tier of Rift raiding. There are 3 raids, all around the same level of difficultly, the 10 man is a bit more challenging because it has some pretty creative mechanics involved in its boss fights. If you are interested in lore I suggest you visit the main game site and the lore section of the main forums.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2011-06-10 at 07:21 AM.

- The world was always booming. All the realms are medium to high pop. Always many, many people out and about.
    - Lore seemed interesting later on, never really read the quests though
    - I didn't do the raids, but some of the best people I know are still working on them, and they're consistently adding new stuff
    - The heroics were seperated by tiers, there was tier 1 experts which were difficult but not too bad, and tier 2 which were treated like a raid would be treated in WoW, but just 5 player. I've heard experts have been nerfed, though.
    - There are plenty of group quests, with elite mobs that you need to kill or do w/e
    - Check

I personally am still enjoying WoW which is why I didn't stick with Rift, but if you're getting tired of WoW I would HIGHLY recommend it, as that's what I did. I really enjoyed it while I played and will still probably play more in the future. A lot of people that I've been hearing who've "quit" wow and started rift have never looked back since playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Rift is nothing like wow. It's more like umm, WAR. Rifts to close, if you don't they invade your questing hubs and kill all the NPC's. You can get good gear from them, dungeon's start at around 17. PvP is sadly unbalanced currently or was the last time I played. Mage's more specifically, pyromancers, absolutely melt faces.

Alright so ill try it i suppose. Is it more like BC and Vanilla than the faceroll that was Wrath?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevin21 View Post
    do you guys think I would like Rift?
    Sad to say, wasting your time asking this outside the main RIFT discussion thread, might i direct you to here >>> http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...al-Discussions

All you will get in this Thread will be the usual vultures, sharks, "experts" that played until level 5 types, it's a WoW clone type "unbiased" and "sincere" opinions

While that main Thread can be a bit daunting for a newcomer like you, take your time, skim through it, hard i know with 5,200+ replies, and this is the second Mega Thread

So, contrary to what the other "sincere" posters will try to tell you, RIFT is doing quite well, it's not going the same way as AoC and Aion went after the initail launch and free month had died out..... also, go to this Thread here >>> http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...end-megathread

Use one of the 'Ascend-a-friend" links..go download a free trial of the game..you don't like it? well and good, at least it didn't cost anything...try before you buy

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike "pacox", i agree with this statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried Rift and liked the beginning, after that..it got really stale. It's more grindy than WoW with "random" rifts that spawn every 10 seconds. The talent system was really cool, I definitely think they had some things going. It's not better than wow tho, at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevin21 View Post
    Alright so ill try it i suppose. Is it more like BC and Vanilla than the faceroll that was Wrath?
    Try the trial first. Most guilds haven't down the first raid yet, only a handful can say they've downed all of raid content and have it on farm. You can't faceroll your way threw content, but its easy once you've downed it. The people who had the pleasure to test the next tier of raid content have said its very rewarding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    So, contrary to what the other "sincere" posters will try to tell you, RIFT is doing quite well, it's not going the same way as AoC and Aion went after the initail launch and free month had died out..... also, go to this Thread here >>> http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...end-megathread
    Aion has like 5-6 million subs now...how is that dead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Aion has like 5-6 million subs now...how is that dead?
    It has 6 million now, i was referring to the first month or so after launch when people left in droves and it took a huge knock which, due to reinventing itself with more "PvE" friendly content, adding plenty of new content, reducing the 'Korean grind' for leveling...took a while to recover, now, it has a good playerbase, but it tooka few years, that was my point

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    the ascend a friend thing is cool, pm me and i'll send you my link (if your an eu user), if you decide to buy its far cheaper to buy the normal version of the game from steam £24.99 and pay rift the £5 to upgrade to the collectors.. which gives you a mount for eveyr toon from level 6 ish(when you first see a post box) aswell as bigger bag and an extra bag and some potions. My favourite thing about the whole game is the invasions.. Huge zone wide invasions where raid groups form out of no where and people instantly start working together.

And if that doesn't pursuade you... Autoloot... and AoE looting.. no more clicking every single corpse.. just one to loot them all.

For those that play in the eu.. here is my ascend a friend link, click it if you want to do the free trial, and you'll find me on the argent (pve-rp) shard both sides

Link removed; please use the dedicated thread.
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-06-10 at 08:21 AM. Reason: added link

15+ Year Old Account
    These are good pieces of advice. Closing this, feel free to use one of the above.