Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, but its not the best action out there. You should check my sig

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyhan View Post
    Back in my day our fillers were people screaming "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" for five episodes AND WE LIKED IT.
    Cell Saga.

*cringe*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Not as nice as this though.

Deleted
    My gripe with it are the amount of flashbacks in real episodes. I dont care much about filler, you dont HAVE to watch them. Go make some crappy eps with a different team while the animations are being made for the real story arch. I dont care. But when there's supposed to be a huge fight and you get 3 weeks full of flashbacks that can really be annoying.

Another one is the fact that some people are FAR too strong now. Kakashi hasnt done anything since he got his ass kicked by Kakuzu (the fights against this guy and the immortal psycho where some of the best fights ever). The only characters that can do anything these days are sasuke, naruto, and madara. The latter one just one shotting everything and nobody else comes near. That said, its hard to make 300-400 eps and not have the bad guy and important people get stronger and stronger. Overall i still watch and enjoy it everyw eek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyhan View Post
    I vaguely recall feeling that way too, but I think watching Sakura develop as a character has been my biggest disappointment with the series. I mean, she has much more potential than the creator is willing to give her beyond being a damsel in distress. She gets all of this beastly super strength and barely uses it to any real effect (as far as I read, which was up to the beginning of the Shinobi war).

Something just feels so sad and pathetic about her character. Like you're expecting her to do something awesome, but then she just can't pull it off. I dunno. That's just my view though. Odds are I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    I must agree. In pre-shippuden, it was mentioned that she had genjutsu capabilities. Yet nothing of that have ever been mentioned since then, and all she does is healing wounded in safe places or she's just in the way. For now, I'd say she's quite useless.
    Vol'jin fanboy

1- for the anime followers naruto vs pain is the best fighting anime scene ever
    2- i follow the manga and the story is really intresting
    3- just hate how sasuke is hiding without a major rule yet.

Deleted
    Reading the manga, it got dull around hundred so many chapters, bit like fairy-tale. Fun for a while, but not meant for the long run in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only decent char is Shikamaru, the rest just cheat with demon power and crap like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 9Royalwolf6 View Post
    Hahah, Bleach fillers can say to Naruto one's : In your face !

If you cant see the plot, understand its genius it means you read it backwords or in japanese. I admit last few episodes are not as good but something big is coming.
    Bleach fillers are BETTER THAN THE REAL THING. It's pretty fucked up. The Aizen fight was a total disappointment, and in the next filler arc there's an awesome mysterious villain that has a great fight with ichigo, animations pretty much unseen in the real story archs. I assume fillers have their very own team so the one for the real episodes can work on those, but well for Bleach they should switch these around.

---------- Post added 2011-06-10 at 07:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mantús View Post
    2- i follow the manga and the story is really intresting
    3- just hate how sasuke is hiding without a major rule yet.
    The Naruto vs pain animations where way over the top. Pains face was warping every second into gelatonous shapes. Not good in my opinion.

Go check the shikimaru + kakashi vs Kakuzu and Hidan fight. That was so much better than Pain. He sucked and got everything one shot against a little kid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    In Chapter 542 now, it's an All-Out-World-War, so maybe the manga should come to an end soon.
    There isn't much left to fight. It would be dull to continue after the madara arc in my opinion.
    Basically this, oh please let it stop after the Madara arc before it gets even worse.

Take One Piece for an example, it has way more episodes and apart from the current arc they were all damn good.

@Led.

Thats because One Piece is never focused on its main plot too much, its always shifting for character development or etc.

But lets not bring that here.

the manga seems fine honestly, but the anime sorry to say was crap =/. they just started the anime too soon then because of it more than half the first series was just filler. i mean its like one piece, the manga is awesome just too much filler = bad. there are very few exceptions, take bleach i liked like one or two of the filler arcs but the rest i didnt.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    @Led.

Thats because One Piece is never focused on its main plot too much, its always shifting for character development or etc.

But lets not bring that here.
    Yeah but it just shows that you can have a very long manga running which keeps being interested. The characters develop, the story constantly brings something new. It's funny, the combat is good etc.

Naruto's combat stopped being good ages ago. From a point where they constantly had to use smart ninja techniques to the point where everyone got so strong they just instapwn the enemy. Look at the current world war thing. You see some of the craziest teams now like the Ambush vs Ambush (or whatever the names were) squad. Yet the fight seems to be over in a matter of seconds. Every enemy (and every non important good guy) just gets owned so fast it ain't funny anymore.

And now that Naruto is of course a lot stronger it's just going to be even worse I reckon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Basically this, oh please let it stop after the Madara arc before it gets even worse.

Take One Piece for an example, it has way more episodes and apart from the current arc they were all damn good.
    -animes get really bad as they drag along-

-this anime here has more episodes and was always good-

So whats your point? You make a statement and then defeat it in the next sentance?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    -animes get really bad as they drag along-

-this anime here has more episodes and was always good-

So whats your point? You make a statement and then defeat it in the next sentance?
    I don't watch animes, I read the mangas. And I didn't say they get bad when they drag a long, one piece is a perfect example of a long manga which is still awesome.

Deleted
    I stopped watching it about the time he spent 4-5 episodes just talking with pain with filler and flashbacks and shite.

but the actual naruto vs pain fight was horribly animated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Naruto was pretty damn stupid at the start, but gradualy became amazing, especially the current arc right now.
    If you read the manga, like me, you also are free of stupid fillers :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Discipline priests we heard you like shields that heal, so we put shield in your shield so you can heal while you heal.
    For the first half of geological time our ancestors were bacteria. Most creatures still are bacteria, and each one of our trillions of cells is a colony of bacteria.
    Richard Dawkins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HazardYo View Post
    Naruto was pretty damn stupid at the start, but gradualy became amazing, especially the current arc right now.
    If you read the manga, like me, you also are free of stupid fillers :P
    Say WHAT?! Did you read it backwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantús View Post
    I disagree with that, naruto vs pain wasn't the best fighting anime scene ever. If you're just talking in respects to Naruto then sure but the best fighting scene out of every single anime made? Don't think so.

OT: I have my up's and downs with Naruto but the thing that annoys me the most with regards to the anime is that the flashbacks seriously take the piss, to the point where it's pointless even making the episode. I don't see why if they just can't be bothered to actually make a proper episode, why not skip the week instead of putting out shitting flashbacks.

With regards to the story the only problem I had with it was always about saving sasuke, it became so annoying and wasn't a very entertaining theme which is why I was happy when madara became the new antagonist of the series.

this generation's dragonball, only with less spoiling titles.
    over all i like it and will go back from time to time to watch the fillers when i run out of stuff to watch, prefer the english dub mainly.
    but might guy is better with sub.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-06-10 at 08:10 AM.