Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It all boils down to how many calories you're eating. If you're working out hard and want to gain weight you need to be eating AT LEAST 3000 calories per day, however, be sure to eat a ton of protein, and eat every 3-4 hours. So in your case eat around 750 calories every 3-4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Icanproveit View Post
    It all boils down to how many calories you're eating. If you're working out hard and want to gain weight you need to be eating AT LEAST 3000 calories per day, however, be sure to eat a ton of protein, and eat every 3-4 hours. So in your case eat around 750 calories every 3-4 hours.
    Your avatar is SO goddamn win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

i didn't read the thread, but i have an answer to the question. drink only caloric liquids. milkshakes, sodas, sports drinks, whatever. if you eat lots and aren't gaining weight, stop drinking water and drink stuff that is chock full of calories.

Quote Originally Posted by epicdk View Post
    Hey anyone here got any tips for gaining weight/muscle weight? i work out for an hour every day and i take protein and im still not gaining weight even though im getting stronger? im 140 pounds and 6 foot 1 inch. so im pretty underweight. any tips would be appreciated and also any workout tips would be nice. No weight room access at the moment.
    Holy crap son, i'm pretty much no fat, and i'm a good 7 inches shorter and only 10 pounds less lol. Eat more, Lots and Lots of protein. I'd suggest honestly in excess of 3000+ calories a day if youre seriously lifting. A weight room is crucial to gaining muscle. But if you want to gain just pure fat fill up on as much junk crap as you want and gorge yourself everyday, you will gain weight easily. If you want to gain muscle which is a lot heavier in terms of actual poundage, eat a lot of protein constantly. You will gain weight.
    Last edited by xile; 2011-06-14 at 12:49 AM.

You're better off growing up and learning how to be happy with who you are and thankful for your health instead of trying to "get big" or "come up a little".

There are different body types and different genes and limits to how buff you can get and look without taking drugs and risking your health.

As an example,Bruce Lee. He had more determination than any man alive. Worked his body to death, got as ripped as he could and was a paragon to other Martial Artists. But he would never ever get as big as a Pure bred Scandinavian. But he was still an amazing person and Inspiration and did great things in his life.

Having the biggest muscles in the world will never get as many chicks as wearing skinny jeans and telling them you are in a band.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Having the biggest muscles in the world will never get as many chicks as wearing skinny jeans and telling them you are in a band.
    Oh the sad, sad truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are different body types and different genes and limits to how buff you can get and look without taking drugs and risking your health.

As an example,Bruce Lee. He had more determination than any man alive. Worked his body to death, got as ripped as he could and was a paragon to other Martial Artists. But he would never ever get as big as a Pure bred Scandinavian. But he was still an amazing person and Inspiration and did great things in his life.

Lol what? Where was drugs mentioned, or "risking your health"?

You're better off growing up and learning how to be happy with who you are and thankful for your health instead of trying to "get big" or "come up a little".
    Also, what's wrong with pursuing a goal to better yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by krillianlol View Post
    that is the exact same thing as saying 1kg of feathers weighs more than 1kg of rocks
    No, it's not.
    There's a reason things like candy and chips are considered bad.
    1500kcal of chips (about 300g) consists of near no protein, about 75% carbs and bad fats
    Your body does not need any of this.

1500kcal of meat is near zero carbs, lots of proteins and fats that is good for you. The body only needs/wants about 1,5g of carbs per kilo bodyweight per day

So yeah, 1500kcal of candy "weighs more" than 1500kcal of meat, for several reasons.
    Energy level is the same, difference is how those will effect your metabolism
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2011-06-14 at 12:44 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I see your point but there's no harm in trying to gain a little weight when he obviously weighs a lot less than the average person. I'm in the same boat as the OP, and i'm mainly doing this for myself to gain some selfconfidence and what not. I don't see any bad in trying to move away from superskinny to looking healthy.

I will never , EVER , get the logic of being underweight and CAN'T gain weight .

Eat McDonlads or Pizza for a week just before you sleep . Easy as f***

i got great tips how to gain weight in fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Spend more time playing wow while eating pizza and drinking beer.... that ought to "help" :P
    Some ppl do not gain weight like that..

I mean i do that and i lose weight i dont know if i have super massive dumps but its very hard for me to put on weight..

My suggestion to you is go to a local body shop or health shop and buy some bulking weight gain products

10+ Year Old Account
    Eat lots of pies cupcakes and candy.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't listen to any of these kids because they are all prolly out of shape fat fucks that just read stupid magazine tutorials that don't even work. Carb stack, eat 6 meals, have a pre and post workout shake, avoid low intensity cardio, avoid low weight/high reps, low reps high weight is optimal, don't follow a diet plan since that is what works for "others" not yourself, its going to basically test/fail and see what "YOU" respond to.
    Last edited by Kasadya; 2011-06-18 at 11:23 AM.
    Twitch.tv/datmodz

Live Hardmode raids from multiple perspectives, Rated Battlegrounds(Hero of the Alliance) and Arenas from a multi-time Gladiator!

Quote Originally Posted by epicdk View Post
    Hey anyone here got any tips for gaining weight/muscle weight? i work out for an hour every day and i take protein and im still not gaining weight even though im getting stronger? im 140 pounds and 6 foot 1 inch. so im pretty underweight. any tips would be appreciated and also any workout tips would be nice. No weight room access at the moment.
    I call troll because I think you are mocking the fat people who play 'wow'.

Anyway if it is real, you sound freakishly thin for your size, I am 6ft 3 and weigh 180 pounds, I really don't know where I could lose another 40 pounds lol

Eat more... and don't stick your fingers down your throat afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    When you eat just once a day, your body starts conserving and collecting more fat to make sure you won't starve. That's why in p. much any guide to how to lose weight it's told that you should eat many times a day, just in small quantities.
    Wrong to lose weight you stop eating... it's science..

I understand the whole "if you dont eat you get hungry and then eat massive amounts because you hungry" scenario

I understand the whole "if i eat small steady meals throughout the day and make sure i am never hungry" scenario

I understand them both but the logical solution is to stop eating and you WILL lose weight.. When you have losed the weight you go back to your normal NEW healthy eating pattern

Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    Wrong to lose weight you stop eating... it's science..

I understand the whole "if you dont eat you get hungry and then eat massive amounts because you hungry" scenario

I understand the whole "if i eat small steady meals throughout the day and make sure i am never hungry" scenario

I understand them both but the logical solution is to stop eating and you WILL lose weight.. When you have losed the weight you go back to your normal NEW healthy eating pattern
    Don't listen to this obvious fat bastard unfit fuck.

[User was infracted for this post]
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-06-18 at 03:04 PM.

You don't have to eat so many times but rather eat much everytime you do eat. Well... I guess snacks like yogurt works too.

The initial period of training is the first 3 months. During these months you will get stronger but you will not gain much muscle. During this time your nerves are learning to coordinate your muscles, and your nerves are activating parts of your muscles that you didn't have access to before, which makes you stronger without actually needing bigger muscles.

After that
    Make sure you are doing enough reps to be bodybuilding, and not strenght training or endurance. If you do for example 6 reps with high weights, you won't be gaining much muscle, your nerves will be focused on activating more parts of your muscle which makes you stronger, but it doesn't build much muscle. And you don't want to do too many reps either because then you move into muscle-endurance which is about how you deal with oxygen intake and oxygen deposits in your muscles. So make sure you are following a body building program, and not a strength or endurance program.

Super-compensation
    Is what makes your muscles grow stronger. Every time you challenge your muscles to a certain max, your body will break down the muscle and build it up stronger. This means that it takes quite a long time to build muscle, since there is a process you have to go through with hitting a new plateau every time.

If you make sure you are doing these things correctly, and you wait for a few months, if you are still not gaining, you have to up your protein in-take most likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    First of all don't work out every day. 1 hour 3 times a week is better. You need at least 1 day to rest when you do weight training to get more muscle.
    And do a 10 minute warmup and 10 minutes cooling down with some cardio and not a lot more.

There are also weight gaining shakes out there I think. Maybe that helps? Also use protein shakes twice a day or maybe even more in your case. The best time to drink them is after you work out or before you go to bed.
    Besides that you just have to eat a lot and build up muscle if you want to gain weight. Just don't work out everyday it will just burn all the protein and your muscles don't have a chance to rest.
    I'm doing exercises as well,managed to put 2 kilos in the past month! (And I'm one of those who can eat all they want when ever they want with no weight gain )

From most of the comments,I find this one (the one quoted by me) the most accurate

When training make the starter warm up (it really helps you a lot,not only from preventing muscle damage)
    And also,if you do "full set" (all of your exercises) you better rest one day!
    You could also do sets in different days(split in two programs for max efficiency)
    Rest,and make sure you eat 3k + calories
    E.G(my exercises)
    Day one: Pectoral set,Shoulder set,Abs set,
    Day two:Biceps,Triceps,Back set,Neck set
    Day three:Leg set(two hours of nonstop jogging)(Before I start jogging I make the Day one routine)
    -repeat-

IF you want better tips visit other sites,with professional help,watch on youtube for some exercises etc