Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Wow after 8 months Ferals are finally getting mad about Blizzards contemptible treatment. That's the first step to getting fixed, hope its not too late. After 6 consecutive years of terrible scaling I thought more people would have been watching for scaling problems.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    after 6 years its prbly safe to assume that things will never be balanced or scale properly ;p
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

up is not bad ... but they should to do something .... with this buff we gonna take all stats (8 % hit ,26 expertise,mastery,crit,even a haste cause meleeatack gonna be good)
    THERE IS NOONE CLASS IN WOW WHO NEEDS TO MAX ALL THIS SHIT STATS
    (wotlk arp please come back) after all this shit changes and nerfes i feel myself as a peace of meet )
    Ow offcause FIRE KITTY (there is one hope that Fandral will be for melee)

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so confused right now.

A quick glance at the latest patch notes show a lot of good stuff; Mangle damage +80%, Ravage +100%, Shred +90% weapon damage. I am at transports of delight when reading these.

Of course, there are nerfs; bonus Ravage damage down to 532 (from how much?) and roughly 90%(!) nerf to Rake tick. This makes me rather cautiously sad.

But surely, overall these are good, right? I've been playing Boomkin almost exclusively, although am switching to Feral now, so input* from the more experienced kitty-players would be appreciated.

*by "input", I don't want posts that say, "kitties suck". I prefers something along the lines of "kitties suck, because..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    roughly 90%(!) nerf to Rake tick.
    It's just the bonus damage of Rake that got lowered...but it scales better with attack power now. The PTR ticks are a bit lower than the live ticks, but the instant damage makes up for it.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2011-06-12 at 10:51 PM.

I am so confused right now.

A quick glance at the latest patch notes show a lot of good stuff; Mangle damage +80%, Ravage +100%, Shred +90% weapon damage. I am at transports of delight when reading these.

Of course, there are nerfs; bonus Ravage damage down to 532 (from how much?) and roughly 90%(!) nerf to Rake tick. This makes me rather cautiously sad.

But surely, overall these are good, right? I've been playing Boomkin almost exclusively, although am switching to Feral now, so input* from the more experienced kitty-players would be appreciated.

*by "input", I don't want posts that say, "kitties suck". I prefers something along the lines of "kitties suck, because..."
    Cats are respectively okay now, we aren't going to be top of the meter competitive unless more fine tuning is done but the rake scaling is a good thing, especially in the long run.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

Deleted
    Is Unheeded Warning gonna be even more BiS in 4.2? Or are the other trinkets good enough?

I don't know the link, but it's been simulated and Unheeded Warning is on par with the heroic T12 trinkets (I think). I know they will be competitive in normal, not so sure about heroic (but decently confident)

Afaik, UW is better than any of 378 trinkets, but 391 and 397 (Ragnaros H) are better.
    Still have to see RSVs updated for recent changes, so it may change.
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    yes it is tru, we will be able to top meter the first 15 secs of the fight before we die of argo but overall we are somewhere

<- overhere on the meter
    Poast of the week. Well done.

15+ Year Old Account
    roughly 90%(!) nerf to Rake tick. This makes me rather cautiously sad.
    Reducing the bonus damage in favor of boosting AP scaling is the best thing they could have done, because that is what will allow us to see better performance gains from gear upgrades, even if the change is minor.

Here's some napkin math to demonstrate my point:

Let's first assume that raid-buffed and in BiS gear (or something close) you have 24,000 AP.
    With Rake's current mechanics, each damage tick would be ((24,000 * 0.126) + 557) = 3,581 damage/tick, 53,715 total DoT damage.
    With Rake's proposed changes, each damage tick would be ((24,000 * 0.147) + 56) = 3,584 damage/tick, 53,760 total DoT damage.
    So there's no appreciable difference.

Now let's see how damage would be in hypothetical gear, raid-buffed to 25,500 AP.
    With Rake's current mechanics, each damage tick would be ((25,500 * 0.126) + 557) = 3,770 damage/tick, 56,550 total DoT damage. 6.25% increase in AP yields a 5.27% gain; 84.3% scaling with AP.
    With Rake's proposed changes, each damage tick would be ((25,500 * 0.147) + 56) = 3,804 damage/tick, 57,067 total DoT damage. 6.25% increase in AP yields a 6.15% gain; 98.4% scaling with AP.

Once more for good measure, this time raid-buffed to 28,000 AP.
    With Rake's current mechanics, each damage tick would be ((28,000 * 0.126) + 557) = 4,085 damage/tick, 61,275 total DoT damage. 16.67% increase in AP yields a 8.35% gain; 50% scaling with AP.
    With Rake's proposed changes, each damage tick would be ((28,000 * 0.147) + 56) = 4,172 damage/tick, 62,580 total DoT damage. 16.67% increase in AP yields a 9.66% gain; 57.9% scaling with AP.

So no, it's nothing big, but it's certainly still a buff.
    Last edited by Zetapuppy; 2011-06-13 at 03:52 PM.

@ Amry

It is actually a rake buff. It adds scalability where scaling is needed.

edit: guy above me beat me to it.

Leaving this up because it's idiot's guide to zetapuppys post.

15+ Year Old Account
    yes the new rake is intresting :P

however i dont think we will have 24K AP, i only have 16.5K on live.

but whit rake scaling on agility and mastery, and shred scaling on weapon damage , i gues it is posable if you wear a realy crappy weapon for rake to have a higher DPE then shred even on its initial tick.. but ofcourse this should never happent in a normal situation
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    however i dont think we will have 24K AP, i only have 16.5K on live.
    I know, but I was careful to qualify each condition with the kitty being raid-buffed. I'm a hair's breadth from full BiS (Crit/Haste ring from H Conclave instead of Crit/Mastery) and have approximately 24,000 AP before each pull. The other situations were more hypothetical, like BiS 4.3 gear with trinket procs or what have you, but those weren't intended to be realistic or passively achievable watermarks, they were just to demonstrate the point of how Rake will scale with the new change.
    Last edited by Zetapuppy; 2011-06-13 at 05:05 PM.

Blizzard had the right idea, but as usual the execution was terrible. They have removed static damage and added scaling damage in a lot of areas which should have been great. The problem is in every single case they got the numbers wrong.