Deleted

Should i specc into shadow? Are they worth anything?

Hallo, iv been healing in arena since wotlk came out and im quite tired of healing all the time. I would like to deal some damage, but personally i think spriests are a quite poor specc in pvp.
    I would like your opinion! Would be great if i could get some advice from shadow priests as well.

Deleted
    Shadow Priests are great to play and extremely fun. If you were starting at beggining of season 9 you would be a great addition to any team due to your defensive dispel (aka 2 dispelers in the team) and considering your healing past I reckon you would enjoy it a lot, now things are a bit changed.

I specc-ed shadow beggining of December cause discipline priests were quit shit once 4.0 hit live servers and dont think I am going back to discipline. I would say I am average (2300-2400MMR) but that is due mostly that I play with a new team rather the class or my skills (we overlap some cc).

I play shadowplay (Affliction lock, resto shaman shadow priest) and HeroicRLS (shadow priest, rogue, resto shaman).
    I choose the first because of the broken state of Vampiric Touch dispel protection, UA is doing a great job dotting everything and securing that my dot stays there (90% of the cases a healer lands a UA dispel, we switch and destroy him).
    I choose the second when i want to have some fast paced games cause apart from DoT damage I have burst on demands and I love poping Dark Archangel with trinkets and shadowdance on my rogue and destroying something in a smoke bombs.

By the 2 statements above what I want to say is that you can have dot pressure and burst on demand so I wouldn;t call the class weak. You can still dispel yourself which is huge vs mages and moonkins, mass dispel your healers cc (watch for ua though), have infinite mana (SW, Hymn of Hope and Disperse), big save-my-arse cooldown (dispersion), Life grip which can be huge vs TSG and you can either use glyphed fade or the 4/mooncloth set bonus to run to the healer and fear the crucial moment. I prefere the 3/2 as the 400 extra resilience is huge VS cleavers since the defensive dispel los.

I really suck in writting advices out of my head, if you throw a couple of questions it will be easier for me to reply :-)

Hope I convienced you though!

Quote Originally Posted by iscran View Post
    Shadow Priests are great to play and extremely fun. If you were starting at beggining of season 9 you would be a great addition to any team due to your defensive dispel (aka 2 dispelers in the team) and considering your healing past I reckon you would enjoy it a lot, now things are a bit changed.

I specc-ed shadow beggining of December cause discipline priests were quit shit once 4.0 hit live servers and dont think I am going back to discipline. I would say I am average (2300-2400MMR) but that is due mostly that I play with a new team rather the class or my skills (we overlap some cc).

I play shadowplay (Affliction lock, resto shaman shadow priest) and HeroicRLS (shadow priest, rogue, resto shaman).
    I choose the first because of the broken state of Vampiric Touch dispel protection, UA is doing a great job dotting everything and securing that my dot stays there (90% of the cases a healer lands a UA dispel, we switch and destroy him).
    I choose the second when i want to have some fast paced games cause apart from DoT damage I have burst on demands and I love poping Dark Archangel with trinkets and shadowdance on my rogue and destroying something in a smoke bombs.

By the 2 statements above what I want to say is that you can have dot pressure and burst on demand so I wouldn;t call the class weak. You can still dispel yourself which is huge vs mages and moonkins, mass dispel your healers cc (watch for ua though), have infinite mana (SW, Hymn of Hope and Disperse), big save-my-arse cooldown (dispersion), Life grip which can be huge vs TSG and you can either use glyphed fade or the 4/mooncloth set bonus to run to the healer and fear the crucial moment. I prefere the 3/2 as the 400 extra resilience is huge VS cleavers since the defensive dispel los.

I really suck in writting advices out of my head, if you throw a couple of questions it will be easier for me to reply :-)

Hope I convienced you though!
    Spelling aside, this blew any advice I had out of the water. Excellent recommendations for 3v3. The only fix I'd mention is that shadow can no longer friendly dispel (except with Mass Dispel, which has a cast time), but they can dispel themselves and offensively dispel instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Deleted
    also forgot to say that you need to build up your damage and do a correct management or Orbs, but assuming you want to know more I will feed you in. Also please let me know what combo you wish to run.

This is how i run with a rogue: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcGoZZ...dzfo:sMkkoMm0z

---------- Post added 2011-06-10 at 10:08 AM ----------

yeah forgot to add the offensice dispel, mostly because I do not do it anymore due to the number of globals required. But it is true, you do have the ability in your arsenal and can be used. Sorry about spelling mistakes. English not my first language :-)

I ran with an spriest for awhile this season even though i personally didnt play one. The advice given already has been excellent, but would also like to point out that without proper peels, spriests will get dominated by any semi decent melee cleave. But this is what seperates good teams from faceroll teams. spriest are, and always have been very powerful in the right hands.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Deleted
    Thanks for answering! Damn you sure answered alot of my questions Iscran!
    Again Spriests arent that good in a 1v1 fight against a melee are they?
    And is there any way where you would choice a spriest instead of any other class?
    Personally i think they (sadly) are missing something, but that might just be me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguemaw View Post
    Hallo, iv been healing in arena since wotlk came out and im quite tired of healing all the time. I would like to deal some damage, but personally i think spriests are a quite poor specc in pvp.
    I would like your opinion! Would be great if i could get some advice from shadow priests as well.
    If u want my opinion dont even bother with shadow,it just doesnt worth it anymore.U're gonna be disapointed countless times like many of us.
    I guarantee u're gonna have tons more fun/feel more useful playing a mage or a lock instead.And this comes from a player who played shadow since 2007 and with at least a 2.4k+ in 3s.

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 05:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
    I ran with an spriest for awhile this season even though i personally didnt play one. The advice given already has been excellent, but would also like to point out that without proper peels, spriests will get dominated by any semi decent melee cleave. But this is what seperates good teams from faceroll teams. spriest are, and always have been very powerful in the right hands.
    U said it yourself m8,peels.Shadow priests have been powerful in the right hands mostly because those right hands team up with awesome partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguemaw View Post
    Spriest is insanely dangerous in pvp.

Respeccing is so cheap. Why don't you just try it out yourself and see if you like it?