ow level warlock dps

Heya, quick story

Rolled a new alt, a warlock
    enjoy it in solo

But when im in a dungeon, i have 33 dps instead of my mates with 60 ect
    dots are to slow on low level

And shadowbolts do 100 dmg to one enemy becouse they die to fast.

How do you guys do some dmg on low level warlock?

Lvl 22 locky affi

I'd say the main thing is that melee trump casters at low level because they don't have cast times. Are you waiting for the tank to pull before casting? At that level, unless the tank is anal, you can easily get away with precasting and pulling. Do you have heirlooms?

Quote Originally Posted by grolschs View Post
    Heya, quick story

Rolled a new alt, a warlock
    enjoy it in solo

But when im in a dungeon, i have 33 dps instead of my mates with 60 ect
    dots are to slow on low level

And shadowbolts do 100 dmg to one enemy becouse they die to fast.

How do you guys do some dmg on low level warlock?

Lvl 22 locky affi
    Play Demo, for Affli targets die too fast, for Destro, targets die too fast play Demonology. In higher levels Northrend/Cataclysm dungeons you can roll Destro or Affli.
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

Heyo

Yeah they are melee and hunter. so duh.
    I am waiting for the tank, but true that it does not effect on such low level.

I dont have hairlooms, i got sick of pugging with my hunter.

tnxforyourreply

Deleted
    When dot's dont tick their full duration as affliction, you simply do less DPS (obvious, actually). When you're doing dungeons, just enjoy, feel free to use SB (which should be better then putting up dots if it dies too fast) and disable recount.

Yeah, il do that

Quote Originally Posted by grolschs View Post
    Heyo

Yeah they are melee and hunter. so duh.
    I am waiting for the tank, but true that it does not effect on such low level.

I dont have hairlooms, i got sick of pugging with my hunter.

tnxforyourreply
    LOLOL hairlooms... he's weaving a hairblanket.

typo.. get over it :' )

Deleted
    It gets better trust me, I am level 50 on my alt warlock now and I am rocking the damage out, it just takes a little time to get there. Alternatively get the tank to pull as many mobs as possible and just spam dots all over the place.

Get the Heirloom Trinkets they are awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealeaf69 View Post
    It gets better trust me, I am level 50 on my alt warlock now and I am rocking the damage out, it just takes a little time to get there. Alternatively get the tank to pull as many mobs as possible and just spam dots all over the place.

Get the Heirloom Trinkets they are awesome.
    Probs 'cus hellfire

Stop worrying about dps at level 22. Seriously. Even at 68 stuff dies so fast in dungeon runs that dps is really skewed. Hell the tanks are doing more damage than the dps much of the time. I'm leveling an alt rogue at the moment. In dungeon runs even bosses are dead before I can get a full 5 stack of deadly poison up. It's just the way it is now with ppl in 4-6 pieces of BoA gear.

If you hit level 85 and still are doing 33 dps then there's a problem. Until then, just enjoy the game and stop thinking that recount is the end all be all of the game.

At low levels you don't have enough spell power to do much, and since a lot of your damage (regardless of spec) comes from DoTs and not nukes (like pyro mages), you take longer to ramp up to your top DPS, often times the mob dies before that can happen.

Don't worry about DPS at those levels (sure, it should be on your mind, as it is yours), but it's not the end of the world. I'm in the same boat on my new BDruid. I'll see 60s and 70s, and I'm lucky (and happy) to hit the 40s.

The real fun for warlocks, when you go traipsing into a camp, dot everything in sight and watch it all die as you stand there dancing!

Simple, wait for the boss fights, usually i always made the highest DPS (only loosing to hunters OFC) ON bosses, the fight will take longer.

The real fun for warlocks, when you go traipsing into a camp, dot everything in sight and watch it all die as you stand there dancing!
    That one is true, i love spammnig dots and then running away, soloed many elite mob quests doing that kind of trick. HEEHEHEHE

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morath View Post
    Play Demo, for Affli targets die too fast, for Destro, targets die too fast play Demonology. In higher levels Northrend/Cataclysm dungeons you can roll Destro or Affli.
    This - if you're primarily concerned with your dps IN A DUNGEON, demo is quite nice (dot, hand, hellfire, felstorm). Personally I prefer affliction for SOLO leveling, due to the "walk into a camp" story above. My advice: suffer through til you can dual spec, then go demo/aff depending on what you're doing at the moment. Destro's fun, but not nearly worth it until you have Incinerate.

As reference, my main is a lock, and I have 2 lock alts that I play casually (one for low lvl pvp, one cross faction for a "new" game every now and then).

Edit: typos ftw.

Heroic progression raider. Incapable of using Saran Wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    If you hit level 85 and still are doing 33 dps then there's a problem. Until then, just enjoy the game and stop thinking that recount is the end all be all of the game.
    This. ^
    Its low levels, if anyone has a problem with dps....they need to get over themselves and dps without heirlooms next time.

The game balance at low level is non-existant, locks are just garbage dps in dungeons at that level.

Once you get to TBC and get some gear/talents/spells you should be able to pull some reasonable dps, until then you've just gotta put up with it. Once you get to cata dungeons you'll start to shine, mobs live long enough for your dots to really make an impact.

This is speaking from someone who leveled his lock from scratch 1-85 as affliction within the last month or so, so pretty up to date with low level locks.

Affliction in dungeons is garbage. Try Demo or Destro, both will do a lot better