New Pally Healing Weapon 4.2

Two questions sort of...

(1) Looking ahead on what they are doing for Blacksmithing, would it be beneficial for a holy pally to get the Lightforged Elementium Hammer?
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/spell/99654/#14241/14265

It is a 365 weapon so it has more intellect and spell power than a 359 weapon; it also has spirit; the mastery can be reforged.

(2) If it's worth getting it (to hold you over until you get something in Fireland Raids), should you start collecting the mats now? I ask this because you can start collecting the true gold and the volatiles, but the Orbs are BoP, in which I am not sure if 4.2 they will be BoE??

Anyways, I think I want to be walking around with that weapon until I get something better from the Fireland Raids.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, the crafted hammer would be better than any 359 wep

the price for the mats will probably go up when firelands comes so it'd be a good idea to start gathering the mats now

Deleted
    The number of epic healing weapons is quite small at this point, if you own Andoros, Fist of the Dragon King from Nef, Twilight's Hammer from Cho'gall, Stormwake, the Tempest's Reach or the Amani Scepter of Rites, then the crafted Lightforged Elementium Hammer will be an upgrade for you. It doesn't even require the new raid orbs as its only a 365 item but if I were you I would make a good friendship with a nice Blacksmith, as the chaos orbs will still be soul bound in 4.2.

Upgrades for the crafted Hammer will be:
    Heroic Stormwake, the Tempest's Reach
    Heroic Twilight's Hammer
    Heroic Andoros, Fist of the Dragon King
    Eye of Purification / Heroic
    Ko'gun, Hammer of the Firelord / Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    You're forgetting Heroic Twilight Hammer, which is also a good Pally healing weapon.
    added
    Last edited by mmoc80e4089929; 2011-06-10 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adanosa View Post
    The number of epic healing weapons is very small at this point, if you own Andoros from Nefarian normal or the Amani Scepter, then the crafted Hammer will be an upgrade for you. It doesn't even require the new raid orbs as its only a 365 item but if I were you I would make a good friendship with a nice Blacksmith, as the chaos orbs will still be soul bound in 4.2.

Upgrades for the crafted Hammer will be:
    Heroic Andoros
    Eye of Purification
    Ko'gun, Hammer of the Firelord
    You're forgetting Heroic Twilight Hammer, which is also a good Pally healing weapon.

Orbs will possibly stop being BoP in 4.2. Too lazy to look for the source right now, but a blue post some time ago said it would happen in "a future patch", let's hope that means 4.2

That crafted mace looks nice, so I think I'll start gathering the mats myself aswell ^^
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    List of materials look really simple.
    Will probably charge 500g per orb again in 4.2, and stockpile on truegold mats.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not a huge upgrade if you have a 359 weapon, little less if you have Stormwake, however, I will be picking up the mats now and getting myself this mace unless I see a 372 weapon within the next few weeks. As always an upgrade is an upgrade.

True. But as you start to get small upgrades here and there, it makes a big difference overall... has anyone noticed yet if Orbs will be BoE come 4.2, or still BoP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
    True. But as you start to get small upgrades here and there, it makes a big difference overall... has anyone noticed yet if Orbs will be BoE come 4.2, or still BoP?
    Chaos orbs will still be BoP in 4.2 but Blizz stated they want to make them BoE in some future content patch.

Sorry for bumping an older post, but I didn't want to create a new post just for this. Does anyone know where Eye of Purification drops in Firelands yet? I haven't been able to find the source. Perhaps it hasn't been given a drop location on the PTR yet?
    Last edited by eldaveo; 2011-06-20 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eldaveo View Post
    Sorry for bumping an older post, but I didn't want to create a new post just for this. Does anyone know where Eye of Purification drops in Firelands yet? I haven't been able to find the source. Perhaps it hasn't been given a drop location on the PTR yet?

It might be one of the: "I drop of multiplebosses"-things. There's a slow agi weapon that has the same treatment.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Yeah I'm farming all the mats for the mace,hands and boots this week. I won't have the orbs/living ember (or whatever it is). But it won't hurt to have the rest : ).