View Poll Results: Will you be playing the the tournament?

Voters
56. This poll is closed
  • Yes (NA)

31 55.36%
  • Yes (EU)

25 44.64%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I also still think we should ban certain champions by default, mainly Evelynn, that character just makes matches that less fun.
    Eve is very easy to counter. She's pretty squishy and Oracles' passively negates her stealth.

The problem with just relying on oracle is that it has a relatively short range, you need to react instantly if you are going to get her before she globals your squishy, gets massive health, AD and MS and wipes your team. Shes a tough champ to counter at low to mid skill levels. I'm not voting for her to be banned (yet) but she is one of the more... obnoxious champions.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Username:Georgerock
    Region:EU
    Role (AP carry, tank, support, etc etc):Tank and ad carry mostly , tho i do play almost all champs at decent levels
    Champions Owned that fill role:Tank - Morde ( i don't like ap morde :P) AD carry- Nocturne and Pantheon
    Champion best with: Mordekaiser
    Level:30
    Other information: I probably will have a team ( 90% sure ) , i just posted this to sign up :P. Also been playing the game for a pretty long time and i know how to play almost all the champs in the game.

Also , I agree that while eve is easy to counter , she does make games alot less fun.

Only hero I could see being an instant mandatory ban would be Twisted Fate. Hey check it out we are beating the other team 50-3 and we are up 6 towers to 0, Oh wait TF just backdoored and won the game >.< lol. Obviously an overexaggeration but god damn i hate that mother fucker :P

If you see a destiny pop up on your debuff bars, and see TF pop up in your base... bp, kill his ass, and go back to pushing. It is annoying, but TF's squishiness makes up for it.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a full 5v5 Premade team ready (US)
    SoulJnr - lvl30
    Jvloogle - lvl30
    Dalakohs - lvl30
    Phaceroll11 - lvl30
    Overiide - lvl30

and we are SHARK BAIT HO HAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by msully View Post
    The writing around him tells us he's a great warchief, but his actions don't match it.

For example, on the blimp ride to Twilight Highlands, he sends his air defenses after the Alliance, leaving the blimps open to attach by Twilight Dragons.

Unfortunately, he survived.

Problem with hitting BP to go back to your base is, what happens if you are mid team fight? you are just gonna bail on your team possibly allowing the other team to get a quad and ending the game there? And even if you weren't in a dire situation where you were able to bluepill back, his ults cast time is extremely fast, Ult in and run away before you can get close to done with your B cast lol. I'm not saying that the hero is a god, but i am saying he can backdoor and completely avoid death if done right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 2 people (including me) for 5v5 team so far (EU):

(me)Tizzlefix-lvl 10
    Greenee007-lvl 10

If anyone wants to join the team who isn't level 30 please feel free.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    Only tank I can see being banned is Shen (talking global bans here) because of "dat ult". Besides that, in this kind of tourny, tanks aren't really going to make or break a team. Though, I can see your worries.

Come on people, we have 11 pages of the league thread, and we don't even have 1 of this thread, I know their are more LoL players out there, come on, compete, even if it's just for the prizes!
    I understand people's hate for shens ult, but, if you make the choice to ban him becasue of his ult, then you should band TF, Panth, and Tele, as they all do the same thing. This isn't out of animosity because shen is one of my mains, just a balance suggestion

Ok so i have a 5v5 premade team also on EU side.
    Georgerock-Level 30
    HydanX- Level 30
    Shiust- Level 30
    Etrium- Level 30
    Daryus3- Level 30

Username: Almondski
    Region: NA
    Role (AP carry, tank, support, etc etc): All
    Champions Owned that fill role: Morgana (Carry), Amumu (tank and jungle), Taric, Corki, Xin Zhao
    Champion best with: Amumu
    Level:30

Deleted
    Just please, don't go globally banning any champions. At all.
    Currently, there is no such thing as "unbalanced champions". There are some that are better, some that are borderline unplayable. But there is no one champion that is simply better than everything else. Period. There are just some champions that require you to change your build around, but in exchange you completely negate 1/5th of the enemy team.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-09-04 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Just please, don't go globally banning any champions. At all.
    Currently, there is no such thing as "unbalanced champions". There are some that are better, some that are borderline unplayable. But there is no one champion that is simply better than everything else. Period. There are just some champions that require you to change your build around, but in exchange you completely negate 1/5th of the enemy team.
    I'm going to strongly disagree. Some of the tank dps heroes are not balanced very well imo, doing near as much damage as a squishy dps, and is extremely hard to take down. Xin Zhou and Jarvan IV. Evelynn is just plain unbalanced and I'll argue that to the death. Riot has even stated that trying to balance stealth isn't working, an entire team should have to spend copious amounts of extra gold just because of one hero on the opposing side.

On topic: needs more people to sign up.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Evelynn is just plain unbalanced and I'll argue that to the death. Riot has even stated that trying to balance stealth isn't working, an entire team should have to spend copious amounts of extra gold just because of one hero on the opposing side.
    Yes, Eve is severely unbalanced. Not like 800g for a potion that lasts until you die (which theoretically means the potion can last forever) is unbalanced, right? Not only does Oracle's counter Eve, but so does Vision Wards, which are really cheap. Eve is EASILY countered by Oracle's. Eve is pretty damn squishy and Oracle's gives more than enough warning time before Eve smacks you with Ravage.

1) 400g
    2) The only extra gold you should be paying for is some vision wards from 1-~11, otherwise your tanks/supports should be buying oracles just to knock out wards.
    3) A decent comp., and a decent player can easily counter an Eve, just by only last hitting and not pushing your lane at all.
    4) Slightly reducing your farm by playing closer to your turret completely destroys an Eve, who already has a pretty bad late game.
    I do agree on the tanky dps part though, if they build correctly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm too nervous to sign up for this xD but oh well

Username: Trydene
    Region: NA
    Role (AP carry, tank, support, etc etc): Support, Mage/Support, AD Range Carry, Mage
    Champions Owned that fill role: Annie, Lux, Cassiopeia, Morgana, Janna, Karma, Sona, Soraka, Ashe, Miss Fortune
    Champions best with: Lux, Miss Fortune, Karma, Sona, Annie
    Level: 30 (just recently hit lvl 30 like 4 mins ago)
    Other Information: I tend to mess up a little, I'm really bad in middle no matter what champion I play, I play way better with a lane partner. I'm still testing out different builds but good progress
    Last edited by Trydene; 2011-06-13 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Just hit level 30 2 minutes ago

Some quotes directly from League of Legends developers...
    "It's not like Evelynn where the champion existing makes everyone completely hate life, at least AFAIK."
    http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...40#post9868840

A big long post about how Riot is wanting to change stealth.
    "Current Analysis: Stealth is frustrating due to the fact that MoBA's are essentially RTS games. Scouting for information and advantage is one of the most powerful abilities anyone can have. Any mechanic that grants scouting while also hiding equivalent information from the enemy with no counters is at its core, insane advantage.

Secondary Analysis: Stealth characters right now, aren't frustrating until they can 1 v 1 you. Once they reach the power level where they can 1 v 1 you, Stealth characters are essentially unstoppable unless the player involved is far lower in skill."

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...84#post6365184

We have a full 5v5 Premade team ready (US)
    Skeetastic - lvl30
    finkelburg - lvl30
    audioholic - lvl30
    memoreckz - lvl30
    Seanoboy - lvl30

you can reach me at langriss3r@gmail.com

you can call us lolderplol
    Last edited by Langriss3r; 2011-06-13 at 04:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for 3 more peeps sub 30 for a premade team EU.
    Hey everyone

Some quotes directly from League of Legends developers...
    "It's not like Evelynn where the champion existing makes everyone completely hate life, at least AFAIK."
    http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...40#post9868840

A big long post about how Riot is wanting to change stealth.
    "Current Analysis: Stealth is frustrating due to the fact that MoBA's are essentially RTS games. Scouting for information and advantage is one of the most powerful abilities anyone can have. Any mechanic that grants scouting while also hiding equivalent information from the enemy with no counters is at its core, insane advantage.

Secondary Analysis: Stealth characters right now, aren't frustrating until they can 1 v 1 you. Once they reach the power level where they can 1 v 1 you, Stealth characters are essentially unstoppable unless the player involved is far lower in skill."

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...84#post6365184
    It isnt the character itself that is unbalanced , its the stealth mechanic. Honestly , in all the games i can remember against evelynn i only lost 1 (With my premade team ofc). Just dont overexted when shes missing. Not allowing her to gank will make her essentially useless. Also , in mid-late game when trying to do baron or trying to set up a gank , if one of your teammates have oracle then she can't scout you.

Furthermore , if you ward properly , even IF she does scout you , you will see her team coming before they can actually gank you.
    You could try to also harass her alot in early game and deny her experience so that even if she does go to gank at some point , she wont be as effective cause she is lower level.

Lastly , Twitch has stealth too , why is no1 complaining about him? o.O