Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Metal isn't only beastial growls and demonic screeches. Most of the most well known metal acts have exceptional clean vocals.

I hated growls at first, then through metalcore bands like Killswitch Engage I got used to the growls, but I still couldn't stand screeching... now I much prefer screeching to growls.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnOZz2c07O0
    is a good example of screeches. Not extreme screeching like some of the more brutal black metal bands. The band is also fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nQ4ZR-NI6A
    The lead Vocals for this band *Who is also now the lead vocals for Iced Earth* is pretty much a jack of all trades. screeches, growls, falsetto screams, clean vocals.

pantera=win

Because we're all nerds.

Yes the last one has autotune (fail), but I love it due to the massive twangyness.

And I love this thread. Yay for going to this forum ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-FQ-AzrUkc

I dislike the deathmetal and such but these kinda bands are awsome.

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

I dare you to watch this video and not fall in love with this band.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theweaponx View Post
    I dare you to watch this video and not fall in love with this band.
    Watched it, they sound like some kind of melo death/thrash band, like The Haunted. They are very talented but its just not my cup of tea, maybe if they had been around 7-8 years ago I would have been all over this gothenburg sound. Just by watching this video I get the impression that they rely heavily on the alternating "heavy" and "soft" formula of "-core" bands with an impressive solo pasted in towards 3/4 mark of the song.

Like I said, not bad but also not my cup of tea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by H153 View Post
    Watched it, they sound like some kind of melo death/thrash band, like The Haunted. They are very talented but its just not my cup of tea, maybe if they had been around 7-8 years ago I would have been all over this gothenburg sound. Just by watching this video I get the impression that they rely heavily on the alternating "heavy" and "soft" formula of "-core" bands with an impressive solo pasted in towards 3/4 mark of the song.

Like I said, not bad but also not my cup of tea.
    Pretty much share this opinion. But I feel the same about Soulfallen or Draconian to name 2, I absolutely adore them and can get shivers from listening to it, but I can sometimes imagine others dont. Rarely though
    Keep loving though, enjoy your passion for music.

10+ Year Old Account

I like this because of the instruments, more than the lyrics.

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 04:13 AM ----------

And all around like this.