Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Not out yet, so pointless mentioning it.
    By the time the OP is done with Portal, Portal 2, Starcraft, Starcraft 2, and Guild Wars 1... the game will at least be in Beta, since that has been confirmed to be second half of this year! ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    By the time the OP is done with Portal, Portal 2, Starcraft, Starcraft 2, and Guild Wars 1... the game will at least be in Beta, since that has been confirmed to be second half of this year! ;D
    single player wise, the first 4 can all be done in a week. Guildwars 1 is very dated now too, if he is bored of WOW he may not like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    It's not so much about genres as it is about something unique or different and not the same garbage reskinned with different graphics. I want something you have to really think about, something that takes a long time to play and requires actual strategy and not Starcraft 2 style "build counters and click fast".
    Frozen Synapse.

I like the so called "god game" genre where you basically have a sandbox to play around in and manipulate and control the development of your population and grow them without the confines and limitations of any linear scripted storyline you are forced to follow. if I had to pick a particular genre to focus on, it would be this one.
    Civ 5.
    Minecraft.

I'm not being super-literal about genres here (e.g. you're definitely not a "god" in Minecraft), these are more like "if you like X, you might like Y" suggestions.
    Last edited by Wyrmrider; 2011-06-11 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    single player wise, the first 4 can all be done in a week. Guildwars 1 is very dated now too, if he is bored of WOW he may not like it.
    It's completely different from WoW though, I've recently gotten 2 friends into it, they used to play WoW but left quite some time ago.

When the single-player is done, you still have all the PvP portion of the games to complete though, and those are the major part of SC and GW (which does have some really refreshing PvE content too).

Amnesia the dark descent...so freakin creepy.

And Im gunna say Overlord 1 and Overlord 2 for solely the reason of them being to under-rated and having great crude humor...plus y'know...you get to be evil :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Any ideas? I'd love some kind of strategy or deep thinking game that takes weeks to play and you just sort of save your progress and turn it off each night then resume the next day kind of like HUGE custom maps in Sins of a Solar Empire where you take over multiple starsystems one planet at a time and it takes many many many hours to get through it all.
    Star Ruler, galactic empire strategy game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laf44lnrPww
    Recently added a new ai thats pretty challenging. Ive spent loads and loads of time on this game just customizing my own ships.

Elemental War of Magic, turn based strategy/rpg style game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOEvlqnw_v8
    Design your own units, research stuff for your empire such as armor weapons, spells for your channeler hero. Fun game but at this point id recommend waiting for the standalone expansion fallen enchantress but if it piques your interest id say go for it.

Hope you find what you're looking for if these dont catch your eye.