Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy Might now increases Strength by 10% 20%, up from 5%.

Welcome back Unholy =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    They obviously lowered the amount of Valor Points able to be earned each week so it will take everyone longer to get gear, essentially elongating the amount of time for this to be seen as new content.
    which in turn is a shitty way to try and lengthen what lack of content they are throwing out in this "raid tier" if you can really call 7 bosses a tier. and let's not discuss Sunwell because sunwell was the end of the expansion, like a better version of Ruby Sanctum.
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

So why aren't they buffing enhancement? I'm going to bet on one of three scenarios
    A) None of their dev team plays a shaman B) They haven't had enough of the playerbase complain C) they have no idea about how bad enh is

that vp cap thing sounds like they're gonna stretch that 4.2 content for aaaages so people don't gear their alts too early

15+ Year Old Account
    To the VP qq. VPs are fairy useless this patch, apart from the 3 tier pieces you'll most likely be able to get from VPs, there's not much else to get. Sure they're shiny epics but majority of the stuff you can get, you can also get from other means. Doing the new daily hubs. The rep alone gets you gear. The tokens you get from doing said dailies get you gear, the new recipes that are added you can get, and then make gear. Once you've got bought your 3 pieces of tier, by then, you'll probably of already gotten rep, gold, raid drop, anything in between, that is the exact same thing you can get from VPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray View Post
    that vp cap thing sounds like they're gonna stretch that 4.2 content for aaaages so people don't gear their alts too early
    I'm going to bet 4.2 lasts til January or December or whenever ToR comes out. then they will release 4.3 and a bunch of stuff and say "hey guys don't leave us, we're still trying."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemili View Post
    If I remember correctly, that's what Blizzard stated at the beginning of this expansion. People would not have to run heroics to meet the weekly cap once they started raiding. Now for that to be case you'll have to raid all of the current and last tier to cap because t10 is getting points cut?

I don't like this change at all.
    If I remember correctly, at first the idea was that 25man raiding guilds could get the cap from raiding, while 10man guilds would have to run heroics as well to reach the cap, and those who only do heroic 5mans couldn't get the cap at all. With this change, you can get the new 980VP cap if you raid all of the Firelands bosses and all of the t11 heroic content, but doing Troll 5mans is so much easier (unless you want some extra 372 loot from t11).

While I'm not jumping on a soapbox and yelling "this is the worst thing ever, I quit now", I would like to hear an actual reasoning to this change, because I don't really understand why they did this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chri478n View Post
    oh so now 25 man shall award more valor points than 10 man, what a fucking bunch of bullshit, it should be equal thats why they made shared saves at the start anyways, bullshit!!
    You realize that it's been like that in T11 aswell, right? :P
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

BIG LOL @ Blizzard.
    With just 7 bosses in Firelands, to reach old VP Cap you would have to clear Heroics... so to avoid either that or insane VP per boss kill, they lowered CAP.
    ... but still same cap for ZA/ZG farmers ? And no lowering cap for PvPers to keep them at same gearing speed ?

Should we expect again hold-ups on selling PvP weapons "till PvE progress catch up" ?

wow...just wow....So now someone that doesnt raid will get valor at the same rate as someone that does....

I am sorry but when it was at the 980 cut off but 1250 total it was fine, then the raiders got teh valor gear faster which is the way it should be...

Quote Originally Posted by Chri478n View Post
    oh so now 25 man shall award more valor points than 10 man, what a fucking bunch of bullshit, it should be equal thats why they made shared saves at the start anyways, bullshit!!
    It has been like that for a while! 25 are suppose to be harder to coordinate thus award more points. However I don't find this really fair as some of the raid content is really harder on 10 Man mode...

I'm still learning Feral druids and am only level 64. Could someone with more understanding explain if these are buffs or nerfs? It seems like both. Initial damage seems to be getting buffed while the dot/bleed damage is getting nerfed which seems to be the main source of dps for a Feral druid. Would that be correct?

Stupid phone auto corrects.

Deleted
    really sucks that u can get valor capped without raiding. im fine with lowering the valor cap, but there should be atleast some diffrence between raiding and noobs farming heroics.. make troll hc's earn 70 valor like the rest of the hc's, or better yet, now that t11 gear is bouth with justice pts, lower valor points from random hc to 35, and lower troll hc to 70 with a cap at 245/490 fro random hc's, and 980 totally.

also, whats a molten lord?

4.2 - Buff to Unholy Strength
    4.3 - Nerf to Unholy Strength because it scales too well.

Bets?

Quote Originally Posted by lithiax View Post
    25 are suppose to be harder to coordinate thus award more points.
    25 is more difficult to coordinate, and this is offset by tuning all bosses as if you had two dead weight DPS in your group, lying there dead or missing from the raid entirely. 25 man is easier to get the correct raid composition, and you are able to bring a spec which offers 4k less DPS to bring an important buff (which scales 150% better than it does in 10 man, easily making up for their personal DPS loss).

25man is easier by all means except getting the group together. The majority of 25 man groups currently are those older groups from WoTLK, or the large guilds who need not worry about recruitment.

Having 3 people die on a 25-man boss is nearly the same as losing a single person in 10-man. Thus, each player in a 10-man is more of a liability.

So you could say 25-man is simply easier all around. There is absolutely no reason for 25-man to offer more valor points.

But at least the gear they get is still the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjornkatt View Post
    also, whats a molten lord?
    anyone know more about this '' molten lord ''

Quote Originally Posted by Inimicus View Post
    4.2 - Buff to Unholy Strength
    4.3 - Nerf to Unholy Strength because it scales too well.

Bets?
    It won't make it to live at all. 20% is ridiculous. I am thinking it will be 10-15%.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalanos View Post
    I'm still learning Feral druids and am only level 64. Could someone with more understanding explain if these are buffs or nerfs? It seems like both. Initial damage seems to be getting buffed while the dot/bleed damage is getting nerfed which seems to be the main source of dps for a Feral druid. Would that be correct?

Stupid phone auto corrects.
    Essentially you are right that it is a buff and a nerf. In one of their previous statements, Blizzard pointed out that they were trying to do things like scale bears DPS / TPS so that it would be a buff at lower gear levels and a nerf at higher gear levels. As a player who isn't yet raiding and in full epics, you'll see this as a buff from what is on live realms.

Are Blizzard FUCKING making me go BORING AS HELL DUNGEONS for valor cap? Why are they doing that? Do they think we like dungeons? NO ONE DO

Quote Originally Posted by Relics View Post
    anyone know more about this '' molten lord ''
    It's probably a general term referring to any of the new Firelands raid bosses.