Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironhandx View Post
    This is one of the flavour things that I loved from Vanilla. I'm still playing an RPG here, which means it should be semi-believable. Killing the fucking FIRE Lord with a Fireball is well past retarded.
    Warlocks (Two out of three specs), Mages (one spec) and Shamans (both DPS specs) would all hate this.
    Would you seriously force all shamans to play healer and lock both Mages and Warlocks into all playing a single spec (let's not pretend people would pick frost over arcane) just for your stupid immersion?

15+ Year Old Account
    Frost would suffer too since it would weaken FFB, FFO, and make Ignite deal no damage. Mages would have to go Arcane, Warlocks would have to go Affliction, and Shaman would have to go Resto. Guess what that means...you just lost 10% spellpower since no one can bring it. COngratulations, your immersion just shit on raiding and the actual GAME.

Lastly, fire isn't fire immune in real life, just sayin'.

Doesn't survival hunter also deal fire damage via explosion shot?
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Doesn't survival hunter also deal fire damage via explosion shot?
    They do indeed...don't Shadow Priests also have an ability that deals shadowflame damage?

Deleted
    I think... it's time to fight fire with fire
    YEAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    i still say frost is the better choice in the long run due to mana-regne capabilites and good SUSTAINED dps vs Peaks dps and mana issues w/out mage armor

Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    i still say frost is the better choice in the long run due to mana-regne capabilites and good SUSTAINED dps vs Peaks dps and mana issues w/out mage armor
    Arcane never runs out of Mana
    Arcane does more overall damage than Frost

I love frost but it's very difficult to justify playing it when they both fill the same niche and Arcane is better at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladuin View Post
    i guess you have never heard the saying fight fire with fire, basically irl when firefighters fight a blaze that is too big they use a backfire to cancel it out since you burn up all the fuel and air for the other fire to keep going, wierd thought maybe since a mage casts with mana and the elemental lord is being contained by his own "mana" its like a body encountering foreign germs
    Stop trying to rationalize it, you're making yourself sound silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    They do indeed...don't Shadow Priests also have an ability that deals shadowflame damage?
    Mind Spike is shadowfrost.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Dualschool spells would work fine seeing shadowflame damage would deal shadow damage on a fireimmune mob unless you were joking.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dualschool spells would work fine seeing shadowflame damage would deal shadow damage on a fireimmune mob unless you were joking.
    Except no mob in Firelands is fire immune?... There was a blue post stating this specifically about a week or two ago.
    Arcane/Fire Mage - Armory - <Dread>

Live Stream

All 3 specs will be viable. I'll probably primarily run Arcane with a Frost offspec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Partially, I never liked dual-school spells since they always had so much room for error when dealing with immunities. Speaking of which, is the FFB DoT frostfire or just plain old fire damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Turanduban View Post
    there are fights where arcane will be better and fights where fire will be better, fire will be superior though in most fights due to cleaving/snaring adds.
    You're wrong. Arcane is and will remain superior to Fire in every aspect of Dps

Deleted
    Fire will be best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostroll View Post
    Fire will be best option.
    I see what you mean...you really talked me into it now.

Deleted
    Fire ofc! why? because i´ve the awesome ability to click more than 1 button :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    I see what you mean...you really talked me into it now.
    Same can be said for your previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    You're wrong. Arcane is and will remain superior to Fire in every aspect of Dps
    AOE

ten character limit

arcane blast is being nerfed by 5%, and no boss or mob in firelands will be immune to fire. Imo they will deal about the same amount of damage so we can choose what we prefer to play.