Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    I really don't want to drag this out any longer, as I think the arguments have been made and no real, substantive agreement will come from further discussion, but just to correct the record, I did not say that top guilds do not use disc priests as almost exclusively raid healers because they feed them with innervates. The reason top guilds do not use disc priests as tank healers is because they have top, notch HQ holy paladins that cannot perform a primary raid healing function. With only so many tank healers needed for a given encounter, this leaves little room for any other healer to perform a tank healing function. On top of that, Disc priest, in the present and recent past, not in the near future, but most likely at or near the end of the expansion, will be able to sustain high PW:S usage, which is a game-changing, powerful function.
    This. And if this does continue, let's make these posts center around SoS to keep it on topic. A class v. class argument doesn't belong on a class forum, it belongs on the relevant damage/healing/tanking forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

On a topic far more relevant to my current interest, I like the previous/old/throwback avatar better. This one, not so much.
    Can you tell I just watched Appleseed last night?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Why is it not weak? When is it good to have? What makes it strong?
    Well i can find value on any fight for it w/o being a dedicated tank healer. Many a day can you back up a healer who has to run from some mechanic or another and hold a tank over fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Can you tell I just watched Appleseed last night?
    Yes. This constantly changing avatar thing is getting trippy. I mean, come on, I changed my avatar once b/c of a race changed, but I kept the same threads.

Besides, all you anime faces look a like to me.

Yes. This constantly changing avatar thing is getting trippy. I mean, come on, I changed my avatar once b/c of a race changed, but I kept the same threads.

Besides, all you anime faces look a like to me.
    That's racist! Kara Thrace or Baby-Kel?

That's racist! Kara Thrace or Baby-Kel?
    I was always partial to Baby-Kel, but that's prolly b/c it was the avatar you were using when I first started posting here.

Oh.... lemmie say something relevant to the thread....

SoS is pretty sweet if you have a holy priest and a disc priest in a CTF BG. Disc priest erases WS and Holy Priest applies PW:Nike. Takes some coordination and positioning, however.

Didnt read every post, sorry if i repeat something, that is already out of discussion.

SoS is a good ability for a tankhealing disc priest, because it allows you to use one of the most powerfull heals ingame even more often. arround 30k shield + 6k heal, is massive hps AND good hpm.
    in a extreme situation, you can use a PWS, FH, FH, FH repeat chain, to put out a pws every ~6sec
    Because pws is also a great hpm spell, the argument "you go oom when you use pws more than every 12sec" is invalid.

you can of course pws spamm your mana to 0 quite fast, but thats not intelligent, because you do healing you probably wouldnt have to do
    [you hardly ever heal alone in raids :-) and normaly dont have to dish out over 20khps alone over a long period to make you oom]

the only reason I see for not speccing into sos as a tankhealer, is patch 4.2.
    with the big buff to critheals, your gain from crits increases. which also makes having more crit more effectiv (compared to now).
    The dilemma is, that weakend soul gives you 10% crit, but speccing into sos forces you to use pws more often (which isnt bad actualy, as mentioned) but also increases the amount of heals you land that do not profit from WS (ie 10% crit less)
    pws does hardly profit from crit (the shield itself cant crit as we know), so if i'll try out a hard-crit build for tankhealing, i will probably specc out of sos.
    pws will be less important and less effectiv anyway, because of less mastery.
    if critbuild makes sense or is worth it, is a other discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    The only reason I see for not speccing into sos as a tankhealer, is patch 4.2.
    with the big buff to critheals, your gain from crits increases. which also makes having more crit more effectiv (compared to now).
    The dilemma is, that weakend soul gives you 10% crit, but speccing into sos forces you to use pws more often (which isnt bad actualy, as mentioned) but also increases the amount of heals you land that do not profit from WS (ie 10% crit less)
    pws does hardly profit from crit (the shield itself cant crit as we know), so if i'll try out a hard-crit build for tankhealing, i will probably specc out of sos.
    pws will be less important and less effectiv anyway, because of less mastery.
    if critbuild makes sense or is worth it, is a other discussion.
    Grace also applies the 10% crit buff of Renewed Hope. So if Weakened Soul falls off, you don't lose the crit. As a tank healer, there's no reason to not use Strength of Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    The dilemma is, that weakend soul gives you 10% crit, but speccing into sos forces you to use pws more often
    Grace stacks also activates RH [10% crit], which will always be up if you are tank healing [and should be up when raid healing as well, but that isn't relevant to this discussion.]

Grace also applies the 10% crit buff of Renewed Hope. So if Weakened Soul falls off, you don't lose the crit. As a tank healer, there's no reason to not use Strength of Soul.
    Damn it.
    The Avatar gives me +5% to posting haste. You're the one who said you wanted Baby-Kel back! <3 --Kel