Thread: [10H] Sinestra

[10H] Sinestra

Hello! After months and much help from the community, my guild finally stands before Sinestra, and without much time to kill her either with the patch around the corner. We're planning on just going all out and over-timing it next reset for the sake of killing her before 4.2. I just want to make sure I understand the roles of each players during the fight, as it seems very intense.

P1
    MT: On Sinestra full time.
    OT: Picks up first 5 adds and stands in melee for cleave, then picks up next 5 adds and moves to back during transition to P2.
    m/rDPS: On Sinestra full time.
    Heals: Heal.

P2
    MT: Get on Twilight Drake when it spawns. Q: How often do these spawn?
    OT: Tanks the 10 adds in the back, then pick up Twilight Spitecaller. Q: Which twilight add should melee prioritize on? And how often is the Spitecaller's cast?
    mDPS: Kill the adds being tanked by the OT, then move onto the twilight adds.
    rDPS: DPS Sinestra until the shields on the eggs are down. Q: Besides seeing an emote about attacking the eggs and seeing the buff gone from the eggs, how can our rDPS tell when the buff is about to go when DPS'ing Sinestra?
    Heals: Heal Calen and stuff.

P3
    MT: On Sinestra
    OT: Picks up first 10 adds, then switches roles with the MT for the next 10, and so forth.
    mDPS: On Sinestra full time.
    rDPS: DPS down the adds when there's 10 up, 2 times. Q: I've heard that the whelps only drop a void zone ONCE upon dying, but can they possibly re-spawn an infinite amount of times as long as the OT keeps screwing up and dropping them in the old void zones? We're planning on AoE'ing 10, then letting the tank move out, and AoE'ing them again, I just want to know how much room the OT has.
    Heals: Heals.

I apologize if this looks messy since I have tons of questions for this boss lol><. My biggest concern is the role that the tanks and melee DPS play during P2. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Mm, I'm going to assume you don't play a healer, because you downplay their role even though they have the most important/hardest job in this fight. You will not kill this until your healers understand how to control Wrack.

And I'm going to correct you on some of the points you have mistaken.

P1: Don't cleave the Whelps. You hold the Whelps, you kill them in the back of the room when p2 starts.

P2: AoE the adds, when the first set dies, leave 1-2 ranged here to finish off the 2nd set while the melee run over to Sinestra to dps her. After whelps are dead, everyone dps sinestra. Twilight Drake should spawn at the same time that eggs become vulnerable, melee dps kill the Drake and ranged should be able to kill the 2 eggs on the first go. You really should be killing the eggs before they go back to being invulnerable, or else your dps is too slow. At this point, you'll get the Twilight Spitecaller (2 eggs and Drake should be dead by now). All DPS should kill the Twilight Spitecaller, and you should only get 1-2 casts before it dies. Remember, you can't use normal stuns/interrupts/charges to stop the cast.

P3: You should kill the first 10 whelps in the back right of the room, near the eggs, so that you have a lot of space for the void zone. You AoE down the first 10, and then when they die they spawn void zones. The OT moves away, and then he will have aggro on all the whelps when they come out again, kill them.

The hardest part about this fight is Wrack. Tanks and dps have nothing to worry about.

Explain this to your healers:

1st Wrack - 1 person - 23~ seconds - 23 seconds total - use a CD to help him survive this
    2nd Wrack - 2 people - 15 seconds - 38 seconds total -
    3rd Wrack - 4 people - 12 seconds - 50 seconds total - Use a raid CD when Flame Breath comes here, because it gets hard at this point. If you have a priest, Mass Dispell is perfect for 4 people Wrack.
    4th Wrack - 8 people - 10 seconds - 60 seconds total - you don't have to dispell this, it'll wear off on it's own.

Hehe yeh, I apologize if I downplayed the healers' job, because oddly enough, Wrack is the only ability I know fully about haha (although the timing stuff really helps). I just wanted to focus on the things I had little to no clue about><. Thanks a ton for the additional information in P2! I know this is a broad question and depends on setup, player skill, etc., but would you recommend 2 or 3 healing this?

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Hehe yeh, I apologize if I downplayed the healers' job, because oddly enough, Wrack is the only ability I know fully about haha (although the timing stuff really helps). I just wanted to focus on the things I had little to no clue about><. Thanks a ton for the additional information in P2! I know this is a broad question and depends on setup, player skill, etc., but would you recommend 2 or 3 healing this?
    Most groups 2 heal, a few groups 3 heal. If you have good healers, you can 2 heal it. I recommend 2 healing it.

Deleted
    There's no reason to heal calen if u can beat the egg timer in one go. You will only inflate your hps unnecessary.

Some people 2 heal, others 2 heal with shadow priest mass dispels and some 3 heal. It all works and you should work around it to your advantage, they all have strengths and weakness'. 2 heal with no shadowpriest = very rng and you need excellent healers. 2 healers with shadowpriest = less rng than just 2 healers, but still some bad rng with orbs will fuck u over. 3 healers = not so much rng for the majority of the fight, but u get a minute without the buff which can get quite messy really fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    P2: AoE the adds, when the first set dies, leave 1-2 ranged here to finish off the 2nd set while the melee run over to Sinestra to dps her. After whelps are dead, everyone dps sinestra.
    Why would you do it that way? Seems like a lot of unnecessary back and forth for the melee. We just have the ranged on Sinestra the entire time in P2 while the melee aoe take care of the whelps in the back and the drake. The spitecaller spawns just after the eggs are dead and everyone mops that up and starts P3. Why have your melee running back and forth in that phase?

Can someone elaborate on the Twilight Carapace? How much damage do we need to put on Sinestra before the eggs are vulnerable? Is it a timed thing or a % based on Sinestra's mana?

You have 30 seconds to kill both eggs. So tell all raiders to time CD's for the second they are vulnerable. If you kill both eggs you will only get 1 Drake. I think we get 3 spritecallers each p2. Im on eggs so Im kinda ignorant to that. Your ranged should be able to dps her down relatively fast. Its all about her mana and id estimate it takes us 30-45 seconds to get from the point extinction is cast and the eggs are vulnerable.

A trick, if you have your healers stand WAAAAAY off the right, outside of the eggs there is a platform in the back right corner near the entrance. We have our healers go there and avoid getting sated debuff on the pull and then they run in. This way the healers can still benefit from lust later in the fight when essence buff wears off. It should be noted its 25 man and we have druids do the stampeding roar to get into the fight quickly.
    Last edited by kynd; 2011-06-12 at 04:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynd View Post
    You have 30 seconds to kill both eggs. So tell all raiders to time CD's for the second they are vulnerable. If you kill both eggs you will only get 1 Drake. I think we get 3 spritecallers each p2. Im on eggs so Im kinda ignorant to that. Your ranged should be able to dps her down relatively fast. Its all about her mana and id estimate it takes us 30-45 seconds to get from the point extinction is cast and the eggs are vulnerable.
    Its not all her mana on 10 man at least; its more than 50% of it, but I think its somewhere around 40-45% when she makes the eggs vulnerable. It'll be 1 spitecaller on 10 man if you do it in 1 phase, and if you are dps is decent you should be killing the eggs just before it spawns so your ranged can all help burn it down.

Interesting thought about having the healers stand far enough away to not get BL in P1 so they can get in P3 when the buff runs out. I'll have to see if we think that's worth doing for us as well.

Did this with 333 ilvl yesterday lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    P3: You should kill the first 10 whelps in the back right of the room, near the eggs, so that you have a lot of space for the void zone. You AoE down the first 10, and then when they die they spawn void zones. The OT moves away, and then he will have aggro on all the whelps when they come out again, kill them.
    I'm gonna clean this up p because i have not seen it said anywhere else, but after the first 10 whelps die: they respawn, like stated above they hold agro, so make sure when all 10 are down your tank runs right back to Sinestra and the whelps will follow, getting some nice cleave and including mele in the action (tank is taking massive damage at that point anyways so the faster they die the better, also puts the raid back in their original positions faster). That tank will most likely be picking up Sinestra from the other tank with a few very low health whelps still up in order to give the new whelp tank time to pick up the new set of whelps.

This is at least how it has worked for my group, and from my experience on this fight, you don't waste any dps at all, so killing the respawned whelps in the back is only a waste of dps.

Also if you have a DK have him use army for the 5th (or anything past that, or with sub 10% left) whelp spawn in order to agro the whelps and simplify things. If you have a pally make sure he is tanking the 3rd and 4th packs in p3, bubbling then holding onto whatever comes after that, it just simplifies things with less tank swaps and less overall movement.

And to your last statement, p2 is a joke, do not worry about it. Put a reliable player on the spitecaller to interupt the cast and you will never wipe in p2 (aside from a couple maybe to figure things out)
    Last edited by Brosterr; 2011-06-13 at 08:11 PM.