[Anime] Death Note Thread

Many here has seen the anime show; Death Note. And I just watched it last night. I watched 18 episodes with 1 toilet break and a quick dinner consisting to last for 5 minuttes, basicly, I was hooked by the first episode.

Why do you find this show to be so great? At around episode 7-13/14 I believe, was the most exciting period in the show for me, the show gave me chills to wheter or not Light would get caught. (I'm not joking).

So, why do you love Death Note? [Please don't bother to comment ''it sucks''. If you don't like Death Note, atleast say WHY you do not like it.]

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it entertaining too. Light was a great character, and he gets progressively better towards the end. Sadly the rest of the cast (particularly his terrible female collaborators) get progressively more unbearable.

Your high opinion might change at around episode twenty-something, where Light pulls a bit of a deux-ex machina and the show takes a turn for the worse.

All in all though... great show.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2011-06-11 at 09:03 PM.

Mostly because of L and Ryuk

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    I found it entertaining too. Light was a great character, and he gets progressively better towards the end. Sadly the rest of the cast (particularly his terrible female collaborators) get progressively more unbearable.

Your high opinion might change at around episode twenty-something, where Light pulls a bit of a deux-ex machina and the show takes a turn for the worse.

All in all though... great show.
    Man, I could not agree more. Im currentyl at ep.19 and it's not as good as it was during 5/7-13/15 or something. that was just pure epicness. Now it's more like.. Well, Ryuk is gone (Which makes me sad, cause he was one awesome mofo). And it feels like Kira is just a second person, like a god that never is there.. It's stupid to say the least..

Couldn't get past the first episode. The concept was... eh, refreshing at best but it was kinda too dull and the devil-thing looked ridiculous so... no.

Deleted
    There were always times when I was sitting with my best friend watching it and we were like 'Ooooh, thats what he is doing...genius' Light had the whole Michael Scofield thing going on and I loved that. The content itself was also thrilling, the first half always had me guessing(while the second was more of like a bigger package with less events)

And the ending...Wont go into detail about it but I was generally goosebumping like crazy, shivering and like nearly crying from anticipation. Its a feeling I dont think I'll ever get from anything else.

I love the series and I have watched it multiple times.
    One reason that many people love the series/manga (whichever you were introduced to first) is because any other item in that genre is usually all action scenes and girls with giant lady parts and anger issues.
    Death note however is a great thriller and always keeps you on the edge of your seat until the last episode, but it doesnt go crazy with action scenes and the few women that are in the series are more normalized than others.
    On top of that it has great characters, I cannot tell you how long L was my idol when I was around the age of 12-13.
    Plus there is a slightly impossible chance that it could happen, in a weird twist kinda like how batman could be real but not likely.

The thing that is my favorite part though... is the entire series makes you think. You find yourself guessing as to what L or Light will do next, and how they will attempt to trick each other and it shows how in depth that people can get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boley View Post
    Plus there is a slightly impossible chance that it could happen, in a weird twist kinda like how batman could be real but not likely.
    I've sobered up and stuff, but I still giggled like a bitch reading that.