Deleted

disappointed by duke nukem forever? fear not!

like many, hearing TB and many other reviewers complain about the linearity and inconsistency of duke nukem forever and generally breaking it down made me sad. i knew their concerns were valid, even though i haven't played any duke game yet, so i cannot judge. however, there is hope.

http://www.dukenukemreloaded.com/

basically, it's a remake of duke nukem 3D. however, it has several nice things:

1) first and foremost, it has both 3D realms and gearbox' approval.
    2) since it's developed using a non-commercial version of the unreal engine 3 (given by gearbox), it will be free.
    3) since it uses the unreal engine 3, the graphics will be comparable to those of DNF.
    4) it will be a complete remake of duke 3D, so it will have secrets, no turrets, no regenerating ego and less linearity. in short, it will have everything duke nukem forever is missing.

what are your thoughts?

Deleted
    Excellent, I'm really looking forward to trying it.

How will they make any money on it though, or it just a fan project?

Looks like a fan project. I highly approve.

Deleted
    Fan project, man, fan project. By using non-commercial version on Unreal engine 3 (Note, he doesn't own commercial license to it) it MUST be released as shareware. However, he does have proper license to Duke Nukem trademark, because 3D realms/gearbox got intrested in his project and sent him license to Duke by mail.

Somehow I'm thinking this will be better than the AAA-title..

Deleted
    Time to kick ass and write code, and im all outta code!
    cant wait for this

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope this turns out to be good. A quick once-over of their site shows they even have the real original Duke voice actor (Jon St. John) to do several one-liners specifically for this! Awesome stuff indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    2) since it's developed using a non-commercial version of the unreal engine 3 (given by gearbox), it will be free.
    3) since it uses the unreal engine 3, the graphics will be comparable to those of DNF.

what are your thoughts?
    That you are on drugs.

2) I bet it's UDK, which is given to ANYONE for FREE from udk.com by Unreal Engine's creators EPIC.
    3) UDK is just a framework, you can make a crappy looking game, ie The Ball looks like crap compared to Gears of War 2 or Hawken (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4lY_gbcSX8)
    Last edited by Deviltry; 2011-06-11 at 10:59 PM.

I am still waiting a little longer. 15 years, and they might somehow frak it up! It just can't happen!

i also think it will go the way of black mesa source

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    i also think it will go the way of black mesa source
    As in it never got released and was never announced why. It's basically Vaperware now...

"Episode 3 or Black Mesa. WHO WILL WIN THE RACE?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to try it myself!
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Its obvious that the games was not made for a release in 2011. In 2003 or something like that the game would probably be not as bad.