Suggestions for my UI

So I just built my new computer, and along with it I decided I would build a new UI. On my old computer I just had the basics so DBM, recount, and omen, but now I actually want to build a nice looking UI. So far I'm using Bartender, Quartz Cast Bar, and X-Perl. Now, X-Perl is what I'm unhappy with. It looks to cluttered especially so when in a party or a raid group.

Out of Combat

In Combat

So in those pictures it doesn't look to ugly, but once I get into a dungeon it's impossible to keep track of my buffs and debuffs, mana, health, and the rest of the party.

I also want to try and work with KGpanels. However, I have no access to photoshop.. Could other programs be used? MSpaint (lol)?

Regardless, please hit me with your unit frame and kgpanels suggestions. Also feel free to contribute if theres an addon you like and think I could use. Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    You need to ask yourself: "Which UI elements are important as a [insert your spec and role] and which are not?" and work around that. You're an Arcane Mage, so your primary focus should be your: cooldowns, cast bar...

I just noticed you're 49, and IMO you don't play with the UI until you're max level and start PvP'ing or raiding. :P

Deleted
    Looks quite nice actually, I'd only change the design of things like your health bars or other aesthetics.
    I'd move your buffs back to the top corner and get some addon like powerauras to monitor your AB stacks. I also assume you just remember the hotkeys for things like your micromenu and bags?

Deleted
    I use Pitbull for self, target and target's target and Grid for party/raid unit frames.

edit:

This is (rougly) how I use pitbull and grid for unit frames. When i DPS i just lower the width of grid frames so they are little squares that can easily be tossed out to the left perimeter

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-06-12 at 06:53 PM.

True, a UI probably won't be incredibly vital at this level. I have a main on another server but just decided I'd start working on the UI with this new guy. Meaty and Breael, I'll be sure to check out powerauras and Grid, thanks. I also managed to work out some basic KGPanels stuff, I'll post some pics later.

Edit: forgot to remove my main's old sig xD

Deleted
    I once replaced XPerl by Shadowed UintFrames and never looked back.

Updated UI. Using Grid, Power Auras for the AB stacks (might add one to remind me to turn on Lava shield (forgot the name) for now), pitbull, and some KGpanels.

Out of Combat

In Combat

Nicer now

Deleted
    Looks pretty neat

Personally (as dps) I would place grid at either the left or right side of the screen to free up space for more important class/role specific stuff. But I guess I was a little misleading when I posted a pic of my healing UI

Yeah, I see what you're saying. I might just keep this UI uniform for many characters or switch it up.

Deleted
    Nice, the only thing i don't like is that you have you buffs both on the top right corner and under the player frame...i would get rid of one of the two (i personally keep them in the corner, and a group near the unitframe with the important ones only)

ElvUI - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...749-ElvUI.html

Incredibly lightweight and functional addon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyorii View Post
    ElvUI - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...749-ElvUI.html

Incredibly lightweight and functional addon.
    He asked for suggestions, not replacements.