Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
37
... LastLast
  1. #521
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    No, but you could have lots of heavy single target damage to multiple people. Deathbringer Saurfang, for example. I've not done Beth'tliac or Ragnaros Heroic, so I'm not sure what they are like from an AoE PoV.
    It's basically "MUCH DAMAGE HANDLE IT". My PoH key has suffered greatly through this patch... In all honesty if I really have to think about it, in almost all fights in FL I'm either spamming aoe heals because of constant pulsing/increasing aoe damage, or spamming GH/FH because of tank intensive damage fights ( just try comparing the actual bosses in ICC with the ones in FL, you'll see that healing patterns are really not all that off at all..), so as far as "spamability" (is that even a word? :PP ) of spells goes, it's definitely wrath all over again. You can add to that the fact that palas are still boss MT healers and you "need" one, and that druids are off the charts just like before... ^^ The main difference I feel, is that you cannot renew spam anymore, because your mana can't handle it, so I guess in that sense you can say that there is a difference... -_-

  2. #522
    This might be a bit off topic but I got some general questions about how you guys are dealing with our sub-par gear situation.

    1 - Would you prefer 391 Flowform Choker or 391 Heartstone of Rhyolith

    2 - What 2 trinkets would you use assuming you didn't have access to a shard of woe? Right now I'm running 391 Jaws and Tsunami but I'm scared to drop 400 spirit for 391 eye...

    3 - 378 spirit pieces vs 391 crit pieces. For bracer, wrists and boots we have nice 378s with spirit and haste/mastery, but the only 391 options are crit with haste/mastery. Do you guys like crit these days? I still hate it but it's pretty baseless.

  3. #523
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    This might be a bit off topic but I got some general questions about how you guys are dealing with our sub-par gear situation.

    1 - Would you prefer 391 Flowform Choker or 391 Heartstone of Rhyolith

    2 - What 2 trinkets would you use assuming you didn't have access to a shard of woe? Right now I'm running 391 Jaws and Tsunami but I'm scared to drop 400 spirit for 391 eye...

    3 - 378 spirit pieces vs 391 crit pieces. For bracer, wrists and boots we have nice 378s with spirit and haste/mastery, but the only 391 options are crit with haste/mastery. Do you guys like crit these days? I still hate it but it's pretty baseless.
    Because I have to go disc for several fights in FL I tend to pick up the higher ILVL INT pieces. I have been considering the flowform choker but I would much rather get the other items on my wishlist first. Jaws and Tsunami are pretty decent. Concider getting hc Fall of mortality?

  4. #524
    Holy

    Divine Hymn: Heals 5 3 nearby lowest health friendly party or raid targets within 0 40 yards for 4009 every 2 sec for 8 sec, and increases healing done to them by 10% for 8 sec. Maximum of 20 12 heals. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell.
    Divine Hymn: Heals 5 3 nearby lowest health friendly party or raid targets within 0 40 yards for 4009 every 2 sec for 8 sec, and increases healing done to them by 10% for 8 sec. Maximum of 20 12 heals. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell.
    Heavenly Voice: Heavenly Voice State of Mind | Increases the healing done by your Divine Hymn spell by 50%, and Reduces the cooldown of your Chakra spell by 2.5 minutes. 3 sec.
    Heavenly Voice: Heavenly Voice State of Mind | Increases the healing done by your Divine Hymn spell by 100%, and Reduces the cooldown of your Chakra spell by 5 minutes. 6 sec.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Because you did'nt see this coming.

  5. #525
    now lets just hope it not grossly OP
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

  6. #526
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,433
    I can't believe they listened to us... I'm just... in shock.

  7. #527
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I can't believe they listened to us... I'm just... in shock.
    You look so hot today.

  8. #528
    even got our teir set today damn
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

  9. #529
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    even got our teir set today damn
    Terrible tier... I'll take a healing buff over pretty gear any day though

  10. #530
    Holy

    Spirit of Redemption has been rebuilt to address a few functionality issues and make it more responsive. Spirit of Redemption otherwise remains unchanged.
    State of Mind has been redesigned and is now called Heavenly Voice. Heavenly Voice increases the healing done by Divine Hymn by 50/100%, and reduces the cooldown of Divine Hymn by 2.5/5 minutes.
    Glyph of Circle of Healing now also increases the mana cost of Circle of Healing by 20%.
    The glyph is...interesting. And I hope I can still cast mass res in angel form! :P
    Last edited by Cephius; 2011-09-27 at 11:01 PM.

  11. #531
    Bloodsail Admiral nobodysbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,000
    Tbh I did expect a change to LW and Chakra spells aswell! But I am happy with the band aid for now, maybe more changes will come.

    The tier looks horrible to me. 3 faced, sure, we are... But it should've been 3 different faces! ;P Looks way to "platy" and stiff. And colors are as usual... blergh.

    Atleast it'll be fun to put back Hymn on the bindings! /cheers

  12. #532
    Brewmaster ramennoodleking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,395
    God this is awful.

    It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

  13. #533
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    God this is awful.
    Why do you say that? D:

  14. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Why do you say that? D:
    Pretty sure it's because A) It's a tranquility clone, b) Has none of the original Priest flavor, and c) Further cements the "We need more cooldowns, so we can balance content around cooldowns" garbage. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that this will stop "non-Discipline" priests from being sat. It's just... more steps down the path that we're taking, in this flawed raid design.

    Fights in TBC were the most fun I've had healing as a Priest, and I didn't have any of this garbage, I don't know why they feel the need to give us these and then balance around them. Lay on Hands saved my raid's butt on our first ever Vashj kill. Something that couldn't be planned for, it just was used and pulled it off. With the way raid design is now, we can't ever get back to things like that where skillful use makes the difference. Instead it's just "use cooldown A for effect X. Use cooldown B for effect Y, or the second time effect X pops up"
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-09-28 at 04:08 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  15. #535
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Pretty sure it's because A) It's a tranquility clone, b) Has none of the original Priest flavor, and c) Further cements the "We need more cooldowns, so we can balance content around cooldowns" garbage. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that this will stop "non-Discipline" priests from being sat. It's just... more steps down the path that we're taking, in this flawed raid design.

    Fights in TBC were the most fun I've had healing as a Priest, and I didn't have any of this garbage, I don't know why they feel the need to give us these and then balance around them. Lay on Hands saved my raid's butt on our first ever Vashj kill. Something that couldn't be planned for, it just was used and pulled it off. With the way raid design is now, we can't ever get back to things like that where skillful use makes the difference. Instead it's just "use cooldown A for effect X. Use cooldown B for effect Y, or the second time effect X pops up"
    Well ye but....lol?

  16. #536
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    Well ye but....lol?
    /shrug
    Sorry for the rant. I do kind of share his opinion though. I mean, I giggled and squeaked when I saw we had a cooldown, because hey, it means we're "viable" again, right? But... is it good for the game? I don't think so. And I'm not sure even the dev's know how to get out of this, or if they even care anymore.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  17. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    /shrug
    Sorry for the rant. I do kind of share his opinion though. I mean, I giggled and squeaked when I saw we had a cooldown, because hey, it means we're "viable" again, right? But... is it good for the game? I don't think so. And I'm not sure even the dev's know how to get out of this, or if they even care anymore.
    Oh I agree with you Kelly but I guess we take what we are given. :P

  18. #538
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    /shrug
    Sorry for the rant. I do kind of share his opinion though. I mean, I giggled and squeaked when I saw we had a cooldown, because hey, it means we're "viable" again, right? But... is it good for the game? I don't think so. And I'm not sure even the dev's know how to get out of this, or if they even care anymore.
    Blizzard game design is a speeding freight train that starts at the beginning of an expansion and crashes into a titanium wall at the end. They then shuffle through the wreckage, discard the unrecognizable, salvage the salvageable, put it back together, throw some sparklers on it, and rev the engine back up for X.0.

  19. #539
    The way I am going to look at it is: I would rather have a CD and be able to play the spec I love without bringing down my raid and deal with the terrible healing model, then be the ONLY healing spec that isn't viable.

  20. #540
    I wouldn't over worry about it. It's very clear the next tier will have loads of AoE damage b/c not only does Holy get a raid cooldown but so do all the tanks with 4-set.
    After this expac is over, they can do all sorts of sweeping changes and have the opportunity to gut all the raid cooldowns.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •