Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    An example Eldrac would be after I got the first lvl of the epic staff the other night I sim'ed my toon and hit/spirit sim'ed WAY below everything else. That was mostly due to after adding that staff I was at 17.93% hit though

The thing with SimC and hit/spirit is... people need to be smart about it. If it gives you a low value and you use wowreforge/askmrrobot and you use your sim values you sometimes have to set a different value for hit. For example using those values in mrrobot it was telling me to reforge down to 11% hit. However when I changed hit and spirit to being equal to haste (that is just my preference) it got me reforged to 16.98%. People just need to be smart with their tools... which I know is sometimes asking a lot

Deleted
    Is Simcraft still calculating scaling values by adding 300 points to gear and then calculating dps increase? If it is, would not trust scaling values to be accurate at all.

Deleted
    As I said before, I'm hit capped, 17,05% hit, and hit is still above haste in my sims. Every1 is free to cap hit or not. But for me there's no debate. 17% all the way.

It calculates by adding and subtracting 300 unless you select the "use only positive delta values" option (which trust me will give you really funny results). This is why when you are right at or just above hit cap, hit/spirit will still come up with a fairly high value; whereas in my example I sim'ed when I was WAY over and it came up with very low value for hit and spirit.

Deleted

Deleted
    I am trying to bring my DPS to the next level by tracking all my internal CDs, Power Torrent, DMC: V and to line it up with Archangel and Synapse Springs. Anyone have a useful addon for that and are there any patterns you have noticed that makes it easier lining them up?

Deleted
    Sure, TellMeWhen
    You can see how i've configured it in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Q5YipctMI
    I don't track the ICDs, but you can do it with TMW anyway.
    Last edited by mmocc46c8e1895; 2011-10-16 at 10:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is shadow being balanced assuming we always have DI? It feels like TBC.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Why is shadow being balanced assuming we always have DI? It feels like TBC.
    What makes you think that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    What makes you think that?
    On simcraft we are above survival hunter and balance druid, doing 85% of the highest DPS. OFC with DI we will be on top half of the chart.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    On simcraft we are above survival hunter and balance druid, doing 85% of the highest DPS. OFC with DI we will be on top half of the chart.
    We are top DPS with DI. Without DI, we are still doing fine. Maybe not top DPS but still fine. SimulationCraft doesn't do us much when Firelands fights are so different from the normal Patchwerk. While I agree that DI is a terrible design choice and that it shouldn't give any class that huge of a DPS boost I still think we are fine without it. It is not like we perform really bad without DI.

Quote Originally Posted by sahtila View Post
    Is Simcraft still calculating scaling values by adding 300 points to gear and then calculating dps increase? If it is, would not trust scaling values to be accurate at all.
    Simulationcraft runs a baseline sim for DPS, and then runs a sim with each stat adjusted by a delta that defaults to 300 - negative for hard-capping stats, positive otherwise. It then calculates damage per stat unit as the difference in the simulated DPS divided by the stat delta.

If you have a better idea for how to value stats, we're all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    ...I got the first lvl of the epic staff the other night...
    I have been on the quest "Through a Glass, Darkly" for 3 weeks because it's been bugged and the platform won't spawn. =( I want my shiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Zuziza.... What do you mean by the platform won't spawn? After she breaks through the wall of ice there is no platform for you to jump on? Or is there a different part that is bugging out on you?

One bug I do know about is that once you get across to the platform where the dragon comes over and breaths fire on you, if you jump off that platform too soon the event will bug out.

The very first platform doesn't spawn. Everything's out of range. =\ GM's and bug forums say it will be fixed... eventually.
    Power Torrent, Volcano and Theralion proc'ed, dots just refreshed. Everyone dies. Just a tank and a boss with around 200k hp. Everyone in vt yells "omg we failed omg omg" and you "don't worry amigos, my dots are steamrolling!". Boss dies while you'd say "Enjoy your loots" with a lot of purple awesomness spilling thru your voice. Just happend yesterday.

Seriously, i thought i'd reroll warlock for 4.2, but that was the sign that i'm purple inside and i can't reroll. never.

Wow that is a new one... and that really sucks I am guessing even if you let the instance and everything reset it still does that for you? I'd be incredibly annoyed

Yep. I've reset the instance, done it at all times of day, abandoned and re-accepted the quest, and nothing works. I've attempted it at least 15 times (as of today), and the only reason it isn't more is because I had no internet for a week while I moved across the county.

The GM's basically admitted they have no idea why it's only affecting the people who've reported the bug, because others seem to have no issue completing the quest. There's no timetable for when I can get it done, but they also said there wouldn't be an announcement for the bug fix since it's only affecting a few people, so all I can do is attempt it every day and hope that they fixed it before server maintenance.

Wow... that's a whole bag of crap Zuziza >< I hope they do get it fixed soon for you though!

Holy crap, the quest was finally fixed today. A GM wisped me and had me redo the quest. Got there, no platform. He then asks me to log out, turn off all addons, and log in. I'm skeptical as f*ck cause that never works.

Amg, it worked.

Then I died, redid it without addons, and no platform? So I log out and log back in. YAY, platform's back.

So all I had to do was log out and back in. The addon flipping didn't work the second time around.

That's so crazy Zuziza... you can finally finish it and move to the next part!!