Thread: Want a new pc

Want a new pc

Hey,

With upcoming tax time and me been able to get a few extra $$$'s i was thinking to myself about getting a new pc.. i have around 2k$ saved up so far and will be getting roughly 2-3k$ back in tax(hopefually) so that gives me a budget of 4-5k. Now its a lot to spend on a computer and i really dont want to spend that much im thinking 3k if not a little more... now i know a real little bit about computer hardware so advice on what to get and how much would be much help.

Games im planing on playing:
    Battlefield 3
    SW ToR
    WoW
    SC II/HoTS

and any other future FPS/RTS games
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pot-quot-Build
    Performance build is one of the best on the market currently.

cheers buddy
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    No problem at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    no point wasting too much money on it. next year it's already old and there's better ones out for cheaper :P learned it the hard way, spending about 1k on a graphics card once

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    no point wasting too much money on it. next year it's already old and there's better ones out for cheaper :P learned it the hard way, spending about 1k on a graphics card once
    If you wait until next year, the year after that we'll see another new processor, and he might as well wait for that. While he waits for that, well you get the idea.
    It may be worth waiting for the next X58 platform. (I don't remember what the hell it's called.)

ok im not stupid lol.... i just wanted to see what people would come up with.... if it comes down to it ill ask my pc mate when he gets back from overseas... there is no particular rush for it since i have a decent asus gaming laptop. just something im looking at since i want to get a highend computer for bf3

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    ok im not stupid lol.... i just wanted to see what people would come up with.... if it comes down to it ill ask my pc mate when he gets back from overseas... there is no particular rush for it since i have a decent asus gaming laptop. just something im looking at since i want to get a highend computer for bf3
    The computer I linked you will run it at the highest possible graphics it'll run at with great FPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    The computer I linked you will run it at the highest possible graphics it'll run at with great FPS.
    I spent about 3K on a computer last summer, and if I were to do that again now, it would pretty much be the same as Fuzzy's Performance build. There is always something better around the corner, but right now you're not going to see any products come out that will be better for gaming until 2012
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

yeah thats what my thinking was and the only game im really looking foward to is BF3 so if i can get a pc built that will run on ultra graphics then ill be happy.... just hoping its like bf2 with better graphics... oh how i loved that game

General George S Patton

Deleted
    just hoping its like bf2 with better graphics... oh how i loved that game
    Why hope when you can watch videos and read info? :O
    And yes it is almost a BF2 with better graphics since its finally a sequel to BF2. Unlike bad companies.