Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by RAGINGBRODADDY View Post
    is 20 fps worth 350$?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ce,2793-5.html - read this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814162052 - buy this

edit: unless you have a $1400 monitor, then yea, get the 6970.
    Uh...
    1. As for your first link, that's just WoW...and old game with old tech. He also mentioned SW:TOR and BF3. Both will make WoW look Bubble Bobble.
    2. As for the second link and like I said above, that card will probably not even run SW:TOR and DEFINITELY not BF3 on medium settings. Probably will even struggle BF3 on the lowest settings.
    3. As for your edit, why do you need a $1400 monitor to use a 6970? My 27" Asus 3D monitor has 120hz and looks better than most TV's, cost $380 on sale at Newegg, marked down from $500. I run Crossfire 6950's and I couldn't be more happy with my picture.
    4. Here is your card you linked vs the HD 6970. Comparison The only thing it wins in is power consumption..and that's a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Narsys View Post
    Radeon 5770
    Even Crossfired Radeon 5770's don't compare to one 6970.

No offense but if you don't know what is better than what you shouldn't be giving tech advice. Especially to someone who is going to be buying this stuff. Unless you're just trolling?
    Last edited by Trippny; 2011-06-12 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyllana View Post
    GTX 480 vs GTX 570, what one would be a better choice?
    This one with your budget maybe... Twin Frozr models are known for running much lower temps and much lower noise than almost any other air cooled cards.

GTX480 is basically 'last years model' of GTX570 that runs 15C hotter and sucks 30W more electricity. If you can live with those drawbacks, this for example would be pretty good value for money.

Since the 570 linked above is factory overclocked, it'll probably be tiny bit faster than the 480 below.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    This one with your budget maybe... Twin Frozr models are known for running much lower temps and much lower noise than almost any other air cooled cards.

GTX480 is basically 'last years model' of GTX570 that runs 15C hotter and sucks 30W more electricity. If you can live with those drawbacks, this for example would be pretty good value for money.

Since the 570 linked above is factory overclocked, it'll probably be tiny bit faster than the 480 below.
    He could get CF 6870's for $50 more than that GTX 570 and blow it away. That's a huge gain for $50.
    Bench Comparison

Im thinking I want to go with a GTX 570. I can order one now, and then later down the road when the more demanding games launch I could get a 2nd and SLI.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyllana View Post
    Im thinking I want to go with a GTX 570. I can order one now, and then later down the road when the more demanding games launch I could get a 2nd and SLI.
    the Force is strong with this one

10+ Year Old Account
    You could go with one single 6950, its a bit cheaper then the 6970s. two 6950s in crossfire has basically the same performance of the 6970s in crossfire looking at the benchmark from the previous posters link ( select it in the previous persons benchmark link post, avg diff looks like 4 to 5 fps or so in most games) they are very close in comparison and you have the option as well with the 6950s to flash them etc. This is also the route that I took )P

Quote Originally Posted by Trippny View Post
    He could get CF 6870's for $50 more than that GTX 570 and blow it away. That's a huge gain for $50.
    And a huge pain in the ass with all the hassless and compatibility issues of Crossfire as well as increased power drain, heat and noise.

And the difference is not that big depending on game. Single GTX480 for $300 is pretty good value atm, definitely better than taking the headache of CF or SLI.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.