Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAGINGBRODADDY View Post

Idgaf about your suped up computers. I'm the only person actually helping this dude out.
    You should give him some relationship advice, as well....

OT: I'd go with the Dual Fan model.

Quote Originally Posted by OmnitronDefesneSystem View Post
    Who the F*** Said i was only using it to(Edited for grammar) play wow? Nowhere. EVER.
    Oh, ok. I use a 6850 Sapphire, it was 169.99 off newegg. Get the one with double fans on the card. better cooling = less heat = better overclocking. ATI gives you software to clock your card, regardless of whether or not you buy +*-OVERCLOCK EDITION-*+

Omnitron, go for the dual-fan card and OC it.

Here we go again..

WoW caps at 2 cores. WoW cannot use more than 2 cores. WoW is designed and programmed to make use of 2 cores and 2 cores only. People in this thread are suggesting he buy overpriced videocards that produce less performance, possibly making this guy waste 100$ he does not need to, and instead 5 people now have argued semantics with me.

Idgaf about your suped up computers. I'm the only person actually helping this dude out.

edit: wries helped too.
    Lets get to the conclusion of this... WoW doesn't need more than 2 cores, but sure can use them. Also performance/core is important. Finished...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Lets get to the conclusion of this... WoW doesn't need more than 2 cores, but sure can use them. Also performance/core is important. Finished...
    Hence my statement. Thank you for actually understanding hardware.

Deleted
    Here we go again..

WoW caps at 2 cores. WoW cannot use more than 2 cores. WoW is designed and programmed to make use of 2 cores and 2 cores only. People in this thread are suggesting he buy overpriced videocards that produce less performance, possibly making this guy waste 100$ he does not need to, and instead 5 people now have argued semantics with me.

edit: wries helped too.

Mod Warning:
    Alright... Does Blizzard lie?
    Patch 3.3.2 patch notes:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    The cvar 'processAffinityMask' controls which CPU cores are available for the World of Warcraft client to use. Previously the game client was limited to 2 cores as a default which players could override in the configuration file. In the past this provided a performance boost on some CPUs and operating systems. We have identified several systems that are experiencing severe performance issues with this restriction and have removed it. Players who would like to restore the old behavior can do so by updating the Config.WTF file by adding: SET processAffinityMask "3".
    It automatically uses all available cores as of 3.3.2. Your argument is invalid.

Also, even if you're genuinely trying to help, you are spreading misinformation. Facts are that FPS increases considerably between an E8400 (even OCd) and the i5/i7 mid to high-end series. (Like Cilraaz' i5 750). Or are you saying he was lieing there?

- MK

As for your question about xfx and perks, my 6870 dual fan that I o.c.'d to B.E. spec came with the door hanger with the info you need for the xfx drivers so I would think it would be the same with the dual fan 6850 and thought it was pretty standard for all 6xxxx series cards now. As for the overclock to b.e. it is as simple as opening catalyst control center now amd vision engine control center I believe and going to the performance tab on the left side and setting the clocks to the b.e. spec and you are then gtg.

Quote Originally Posted by Magekíd View Post
    Mod Warning:
    Patch 3.3.2 patch notes:
    The cvar 'processAffinityMask' controls which CPU cores are available for the World of Warcraft client to use. Previously the game client was limited to 2 cores as a default which players could override in the configuration file. In the past this provided a performance boost on some CPUs and operating systems. We have identified several systems that are experiencing severe performance issues with this restriction and have removed it. Players who would like to restore the old behavior can do so by updating the Config.WTF file by adding: SET processAffinityMask "3".
    It automatically uses all available cores as of 3.3.2. Your argument is invalid.

Also, even if you're genuinely trying to help, you are spreading misinformation. Facts are that FPS increases considerably between an E8400 (even OCd) and the i5/i7 mid to high-end series. (Like Cilraaz' i5 750). Or are you saying he was lieing there?

- MK
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ce,2793-9.html

I don't speak intel. you tell me

10+ Year Old Account
    On topic: Pre OC'd cards are best left to those who are not comfortable OCing themselves. You will invariably get less value than buying a different card and OCing it yourself.

Off topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Magekíd View Post
    Mod Warning:
    Patch 3.3.2 patch notes:

- MK
    There was a big long thread about this a while ago.. While Blizz has enabled the ability to use all cores, WoW still sees no noticeable performance increase above 3 cores.

---------- Post added 2011-06-12 at 07:00 PM ----------

Here it is.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tweaks...Guide
    Last edited by Skelly; 2011-06-12 at 10:00 PM.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650