Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    A fellow equal opportunity hater?
    A wha-? /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    A wha-? /10char
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7suTq7XDi8

First 30s of the song. If you are offended easily I wouldn't listen to it (but IMO it's more humorous than offensive).

It should be the end, but it wont. They will get a slap on the wrist and a stern talking to. But when the next gen Ps comes out, people will just buy it any way.

On Minecraft:
    Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    Creepers would cease to be terrifying if they looked more 'real' and less like a big green dick with a frowny face on it.

Deleted
    Guess you wont turn away from a 360 now ey?

PSN got hacked, who cares. Theyre not the first company to ever get hacked, stfu.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I love is that after hackers hacked psn and noticed how easy it was they attacked everything sony....atleast it keeps their priorities straight.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Robofish View Post
    It should be the end, but it wont. They will get a slap on the wrist and a stern talking to. But when the next gen Ps comes out, people will just buy it any way.
    Show me where Sony touched you on this little doll.

Quote Originally Posted by Royalcrown View Post
    PSN got hacked, who cares. Theyre not the first company to ever get hacked, stfu.
    They got hacked with literally the oldest trick in the book. Customer information was kept in plain text. The security teams have shown nothing but incompetence across all Sony brands. I think that's a pretty good reason to care. I mean really, are you even reading what's happened? Can you comprehend it? This is not just some "oh minor things like that happen all the time yadda yadda." This is a whole new ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    What I love is that after hackers hacked psn and noticed how easy it was they attacked everything sony....atleast it keeps their priorities straight.
    It's the equivale HEY HEY LISTEN LISTEN HEY LISTEN --of a certain HEY HEY LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN HEY LISTEN -- goddamn pixie.

Quote Originally Posted by khul View Post
    They got hacked with literally the oldest trick in the book. Customer information was kept in plain text. The security teams have shown nothing but incompetence across all Sony brands. I think that's a pretty good reason to care. I mean really, are you even reading what's happened? Can you comprehend it? This is not just some "oh minor things like that happen all the time yadda yadda." This is a whole new ballpark.
    Yes i read it, the world is ending because PSN got hacked. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Oh, all they had to do was something as simple as an SQL injection? Man, I wish I had known it was that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by dremnit View Post
    all because of a bunch of self entitled manchildren nerds on the internet got mad that their precious geohot was getting sued for leaking the keys
    Actually, it was because Sony started demanding the IP addresses of anybody that went to Geohot's website, or youtube page.

Simple fact is that this would never even have happened if they cared in the least about using basic modern software development methodologies.

Instead what are they doing, seriously, using string concatenation to build up database queries?! Are we back in the 1980s?

It goes even further than that. If they had written any unit tests at all, the Playstation 3's private key would have never been found because they would have realized their random number generator returns the same number every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    Personally i think that the hackers shouldn't be blamed at all for the PSN crisis due to sony's complete disregard for the privacy of their customers.

They held vital data on servers...
    A) Without firewall support
    B) Unencrypted
    C) Saved in PLAIN TEXT.

Seriously, they had practically no safety measures for the data of their customers, and this led to the hack.
    I agree. I'm not condoning hacking of any sort, but the bigger issue here is Sony's incompetence when it comes to their overall security and how it effects their customers.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What is this! Oh I must talk about this

THEY USE PLAIN TEXT

Did I hear this right?

Plain TEXT to store infomation

Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    Simple fact is that this would never even have happened if they cared in the least about using basic modern software development methodologies.

Instead what are they doing, seriously, using string concatenation to build up database queries?! Are we back in the 1980s?

It goes even further than that. If they had written any unit tests at all, the Playstation 3's private key would have never been found because they would have realized their random number generator returns the same number every single time.
    2 things.

1. You you know everything about their database security systems? How did you find that out?

2. Wait, you created a completely secure system that is impossible to hack? Why haven't you patented it and made billions yet?

Going to be funny if/when the Feds and/or Interpol (maybe not the entity itself, but a group acting on its behalf) knock on Lulzsec's door. Lot of hackers think they can't be found, but they likely... can be.

Yes i read it, the world is ending because PSN got hacked. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN.
    Can you explain why customers should not care and how this security breach is insignificant from your original post, or are you just going to spew off more hyperbole?

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt that these hackings will be the end of PSN. As said, PSN contacted banks telling them about what happened, did their best to keep people up to date, etc. That is what makes me stay with PS3.

Granted, they should of announced that they were hacked earlier, had firewalls up, etc, but I doubt that PSN will end in the forseeable future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    2 things.

1. You you know everything about their database security systems? How did you find that out?

2. Wait, you created a completely secure system that is impossible to hack? Why haven't you patented it and made billions yet?
    A man don't have to be a damn Nobel Prize candidate to know basic web security. What you just did is the equivalent to asking a soccer-fan: "Huh? Are you a ref? Since you saw that offside and the other ref didn't?"
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P