Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Feral] Which profession now?

Hey there,

I am a feral cat and I'm wondering which profession(s) to choose now.
    Currently, I have 515 JC and 427 tailoring (Collecting the mounts.).

So I looked up some values and..
    Jewelcrafting gives me 81 more agility.
    Enchanting gives me 80 agility.
    Engineering gives me a 480 agility cooldown.
    Leatherworking - ?

So.. What profession would be the best for a cat, considering 4.2 changes. Will there be any changes to anything?

Deleted
    LW + Jc is the best together with Bs + Jc

Leatherworking has 130 Agility compared to 65 Crit/65 Haste/50 Agility, and as Monstroes said, LW+JC are considered best for min-maxing, afaik.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-06-12 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy is 81 agility, LW is 80 (since there is a 50 agility wrist enchant now).

Not that it matters, even non-crafting professions aren't going to be noticeable on the meters regardless.
    God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh. ~ Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by utopianh View Post
    Alchemy is 81 agility, LW is 80 (since there is a 50 agility wrist enchant now).

Not that it matters, even non-crafting professions aren't going to be noticeable on the meters regardless.
    Other than engineering which has harder to quantify benfits all the other crafting professions are ~ equal in their stat gains although tailoring is not suited to melee specs. One point in the favor of alchemy is it will save you quite a bit of money on flasks depending on your raid setup. Cheep leg enchants are nice but you probably wont change out your legs more than twice per tier while flask bonuses you can use every raid night.

Who is John Galt?

if im correct. all major professions excluding gather professions (herbing,mining,JC) give the same bonus to stats. in a feral druids case it would be ~80+ agi.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Other than engineering which has harder to quantify benfits.
    what do you mean? the tinkers are useful, the 480 agi on CD averages to around 80 agi, and you get to make a fully customizable 359 helm which will be BiS till HMs
    Last edited by zearrow; 2011-06-12 at 04:49 PM.

Think engineering is best if it is used right, I would go with engi + alchemy (saves money on flasks) or jc.

Deleted
    ild take engineerings 480 agility combined with berserk/tigers fury over the average 80 it equates out any day.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy: 80 agility from [Flask of the Winds].
    Blacksmithing: 80 agility from 2 extra gem sockets.
    Enchanting: 80 agility from ring enchants.
    Engineering: Synapse Springs provide 480 agility for 10 seconds on a 60 second cooldown. This averages to 80 agility but in practice will be slightly stronger than that if used correctly.
    Herbalism: Minor heal and 480 haste for 20 seconds on a 2 minute cooldown.
    Jewelcrafting: 81 agility from Chimera's Eyes.
    Leatherworking: 80 agility from bracer enchant. Can also use the level 80 resistance enchants if needed.
    Mining: 120 stamina, no dps benefits.
    Skinning: 80 crit, not as good as other professions.
    Tailoring: Swordguard Embroidery - Spell - World of Warcraft chance to proc 1000 AP for 15 seconds.
    quoted from elitiest jerks

I'd do LW & engineering or LW & JC.

What he meant about Engineering is that is has a static value of 80 Agi, IF you are able to use the tinkers on cooldown. If you can use them every 1 minute AND line them up with TF or Zerk, or a Trinket, I believe that is when Engineering starts to be a bit ahead. I'm not entirely sure.

I personally have stuck with JC and LW. Free bracer/leg enchants, JC gems and patterns (and eventually epic gems). Alchemy is good, but I make a small cauldron every night, so 1 flask nets me 4 hours and raids last 3 so I'm fine.

If you macro the tinker with an unglyphed TF (which will likely be the case for most in 4.2, unglyphed TF), you would be able to use it on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by zearrow View Post
    and you get to make a fully customizable 359 helm which will be BiS till HMs
    Engineering helms in 4.2 will no longer be remotely competitive (unless there's a new batch).
    Last edited by MasterNewbie; 2011-06-13 at 06:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm boring, with Jewelcrafting and Leatherworking. Jewelcrafting is obviously BiS with the extra Agil, and Leatherworking provides the same 80 agi bonus as the others with the except of it making it MUCH cheaper to get Pants / Bracers enchants (prior to 4.1 this helped a lot with the beginning of Cata, no bracer enchant for Agi, and when there finally was one, not having one that cost Maelstroms).

LW + JC is hot
    LIVELOVELAUGHHOPEDREAM

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I laugh at people who swap professions thinking it will dramatically improve their performance. There are a lot better areas to work on to improve :S
    Especially now that they are so close.

I've -never- had a problem competing at the top of my raids and I have herbalism and alchemy, even when you got no dps bonus from herbalism. I also currently gem following socket colors in most cases despite the overall lower dps increase. I focus on mastering far more precise and impacting things like timing my cooldowns around Unheeded Warning procs, managing TF's uptime on bleeds, and maximizing uptime, and abusing stampede whenever possible.

Sure, I'd have more trouble competing if my guild was pushing further than 4 deep into the 25 man heroic content, but a majority of the people asking these questions are hardly in the top hardcore guilds, as are most of the people posting how "great" the extra 1 agility from JC is.

Pick professions you get use out of unless the bonuses are greater than your current variation on dps (if you on the same fight go up/down more than 100 dps, you won't see the bonus from having a profession at all). These max-mining bonuses do add up of course, but not anywhere near the degree people suggest. Gem with atleast a focus on your better stats, have everything enchanted with current (or last generation) agility enchants, and -have- some sort of maxed profession and you'll do fine.

Try working on your unheeded warning usage more, it'll be a more effective use of your time. Get Need to Know or Power Aura's to track it.

If you and your guildies min/maxed more you might have more than 4HMs down...

Profession ranking feral cat?

Hi,

pretty sure it has been asked before but i couldnt find a relevant thread:

What professions are best/worst for feral kitties? Anyone has a list showing some details?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    If you and your guildies min/maxed more you might have more than 4HMs down...
    Nope, we'd still have the same struggles with players underperforming. In fact, it'd probably be worse because people would waste so much time doing that and not focusing on the mechanics and -far more- important things that a mid-line guild would do.

Most crafting professions (excluding Tailoring) give roughly the same dps value so that is almost no difference between them. I would pick the one that fits well with your other toons (i.e., if you already have another toon that is a JC, don't make your druid be a JC). Gathering professions are not optimal and cost you around 200 dps or roughly 1% depending on what kind of deeps you pull.

I am alch and LWing on my druid. Cheap leg enchants and bracer enchants are win and Alch is a great gold maker and gold saver. JC is also amazing for its extra perks (gold making mostly). BSing is good because of how flexible it is but in the current environment agility is so much better than other stats it has lost a lot of value vs. WotLK when armor pen was so amazing and being able to get two extra gem sockets was a huge dps boost.
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

Quote Originally Posted by utopianh View Post
    Nope, we'd still have the same struggles with players underperforming. In fact, it'd probably be worse because people would waste so much time doing that and not focusing on the mechanics and -far more- important things that a mid-line guild would do.
    lol, how would getting a few worthwhile professions distract people in raid?

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.