Poll: What difficulty will you play skyrim on?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Skyrium Difficulty?

So im (probably too) excited for the new elder scrolls game skyrim and it got me thinking, assuming you can still change difficultie levels. What difficulty are you going to play skyrim on, Easy, hard, medium? and why.
    Some might say we've lost our way
    But I believe we've not gone far enough

on Easy, so when i swat seemingly giant dragons from the sky with ease, i will feel like a mega badass.

Depends on the mood I'm in you can change difficulty on the fly, at least you could in previous games. Sometimes I'll be in the mood to have a bit of a challenge, sometimes after a rough day at work I just want to relax and have a non-stressful gaming session.

Medium I guess, i enjoy a little bit of challenge. But i want to go through the game at the pace i enjoy. ^^

Deleted
    I want it nice and hard...

Hard because killing dragons with ease makes you feel like ''meh, I guess I killed a dragon...'' Also Ryngo makes a solid point.
    Last edited by Poppasan; 2011-06-12 at 03:52 PM.

I usually play all games on medium. Don't want to struggle too much because I dont have that much time to spend on one game. But if the game is really good and I liked it a lot then I play again on hard

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard. It's not an MMO. You're playing alone and able to take things at your own pace. Able to stop and prepare, gather for alchemy, skill up your abilities. Then, when you see that huge elemental golem in the distance and you pull your axe, you know you're going to be fighting for your life and you're prepared for it.

Put it like this; If you fight a huge monster and don't almost die a couple times, it's too easy.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Usually play games on medium, so ill choose medium
    "one never escapes from the compulsion and chance to be powerful" Peter Sloterdijk
    i5-4690k --- ASUS Z97-A --- 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600 --- EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3

10+ Year Old Account
    I play all my games on the most difficult setting. Unless its like a "nightmare omg you will go insane" setting. TES is way to easy if you dont have the settings turned up. I want to feel I accomplished something with every kill, and enjoy knowing that something could easily kill me as well. In addition, the people that play on easy will have finished the game long before me, but in the end, Ill still be enjoying myself longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Start on hard = learn a lot faster ;D

Deleted
    Generally play games I haven't played before on the Medium setting.

However, if I feel confident enough in the genre and the playstyle, I go with hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    One of the developers said something about monster's difficulty being the same all over the world, no matter if you run to the last boss' place at level 1, save a few places. So think I'll have to play on hard!

I hate mobs that scale with player level. In gothic 3 it's a nice and fun way to get a lot of gold and exp if you choose to snipe trolls and ogres at level 1

Difficulty in a SINGLE player game? Anyways, Morrowind and Oblinion had a -100 to +100 settings for difficulty with a slider.

Oh, didn't understand the question first. Like in previous games in this series, first run on 0 (default, medium difficulty). Also, the mechanics isn't absolutely the same as in Morr/Obl, so need to learn a little.
    Then, when I decide to try "powerbuilds", will gradually increase it to 100.
    Last edited by AnotherRogue; 2011-06-12 at 04:02 PM.

I'm most likely going to play on easy or medium, depending on how difficult medium actually is. I did play pretty far into Oblivion on the hardest setting, but I found easy to be more entertaining for me.
    It's not like I suck at games or anything, just that I find playing easy games more fun and relaxing than games that make me pull my hair off. Guess it's a matter of opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Hard. It's not an MMO. You're playing alone and able to take things at your own pace. Able to stop and prepare, gather for alchemy, skill up your abilities. Then, when you see that huge elemental golem in the distance and you pull your axe, you know you're going to be fighting for your life and you're prepared for it.

Put it like this; If you fight a huge monster and don't almost die a couple times, it's too easy.
    If you remember Oblivion you may recall jumping in place and sneaking around the back of an abandoned house for several hours just so your favorited stats get the maximum increase during a level up....

The one file I didn't do that, I did all DLC, dark brotherhood, warriors guild, mages guild, and thieves guild. Then attempted the first oblivion gate and found myself to even get halfway through it on normal... Unless the combat and level up system is greatly improved I'm doing this on easy.. So I can -enjoy- the game considering I'm not one of those people who make no differentiation between grinding for something good and grinding by jumping in the same spot for a half hour for 1/20 skill ups needed to get 1/10 stat points for 1/20 level ups because if I don't get the maximum stat increases to be perfect I can't play anything but a mage, aside from that I have no reason to believe anything you said.

A twelve hour battle wherein almost dying means you will most certainly lose (where every move must me made perfectly or it is a loss) is too easy for you? Are you serious? That's asinine and I suggest you change your definition or at least put some real reasoning behind what you said.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The developer actually said during an E3 interview that their are harder areas, easier areas, and some that will be randomized based on your level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic6dKnv3WdU - at 6:00

The developer actually said during an E3 interview that their are harder areas, easier areas, and some that will be randomized based on your level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic6dKnv3WdU - at 6:00
    Right, so some areas will obviously be harder than others but were assuming there will also be a general difficulty control as in all the other games, so the player can choose for him/her self.
    Some might say we've lost our way
    But I believe we've not gone far enough

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    on Easy, so when i swat seemingly giant dragons from the sky with ease, i will feel like a mega badass.
    lol, when I have it on anything above Medium I get swatted with ease so that Mud Crabs feel like mega badasses.
    I'll probably play around with the slider a bit. Leave it on default at first and then if that's too easy/hard, I'll change it. I played Oblivion on ultra easy mode and whenever I go to play it now I can't get used to playing it on anything above Medium, because I guess you're supposed to be a lot more careful with blocking and healing etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    We all got to remember, this is an RPG.

The dificulty of the game does not start and end at enemy HP/armor/attack etc. But how good are you at managing skills/atributes etc.

In oblivion i played 3/4 of max and i managed to get somewhere between 12-15 atribute points per level. And at the same time keep my main skills up.

Or you could cheat and put all primary skills to spells, then use the skills of a warrior/stealth and play trough the game as level 1 with 50+ skillpoints in blade/block/blunt etc.

Skills/atributes is a very important factor to how difficult the game gets.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar