Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Imagine..if this MMO came to life

Imagine if there was an MMO with the following details...
    Rift/GoW3/GW2 Graphics.
    GoW. 3 Violence.
    GW2 style of "You make your own story"
    An amazing story, Mortal Kombat has done that, (Sure they screwed up after MK4 but they're fixing it now). WoW did it but they fucked up and are barely fixing it properly. (my opinion)
    A proper fighting style like GW2 where you can actually block and dodge.
    and ofcourse, the amount of players WoW has, and a very social ground of fun people who like to interact, Imagine if that MMO was made one day. What's your opinion? Would it be amazing? Would it fail quickly? Is it too good to be true?

EDIT: Also, Rift/WoW charecter creations with story/class mechanics and customizing your char, with also the GW2 story-mechanic
    Edit 2:Since you all nerdraged and called me a GW2 fanboy I'll add in something from WoW, Wow's music. WoW's music is amazing and if this game had WoW's music (Note I said THIS GAME, A.K.A The game we're imagining, not GW2, since some of you are ignorant retards that piss me off) that's just top it off.

Also the DCUO "Dye-Armor" with different colors and the "Get a new item, keep the model of an older item" type of mechanic to increase RPing flexibility.

Sorry for mentioning GW2 so much you guys think the thread is about it, but GW2 is an AMAZING game and if I didn't mention it, I'd be an idiot.

Since some of you are complete ignorant people, I'll make this obvious, WOW IS OLD, I'm using GW2 for inspiration because it's good and looks good from all the previews I've seen, stop making fools of your selves, Jesus..
    Last edited by GeordieMagpie; 2011-06-13 at 03:31 PM.
    Howay the lads!

i think what you should be asking is do you think everyone will abandon wow for GW2 and will the devs up the violence on GW2? cos the only things you listed that aren't in GW2 are the violence and the amount of people, and some story line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    i think what you should be asking is do you think everyone will abandon wow for GW2 and will the devs up the violence on GW2? cos the only things you listed that aren't in GW2 are the violence and the amount of people, and some story line.

I meant imagine there's a new MMO with all that above, It's not Guild wars, it's not WoW, it's not Mortal kombat or God of war, it's a brand new game with all the above. Violence, amazing story telling, good fighting mechanics.

Edit: I would've added stuff about Rift..but I don't think alot of people here are fond of Rift.
    Howay the lads!

So you want GW2 to have more violence basically?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDios View Post
    How ignorant can someone be.
    He's just asking how good would such a game be with those elements combined from different games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    So you want GW2 to have more violence basically?

..I tried to be kind the first time, did you even bother reading? I meant imagine a New MMORPG with all the following, WoW's standarts are DEAD now, It used to have good graphics, now it's crappy, good story, now it's crappy, good fights, ..again...CRAPPY read the following and don't be a dumbass..
    Howay the lads!

I didn't see what was important to me on the list. Playstyle. What kind of archetypes are there and how free am I to customize how my character functions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    He's just asking how good would such a game be with those elements combined from different games.
    Thank you for understanding the meaning of the thread, now if I can have your opinion..that'd be amazing.

---------- Post added 2011-06-12 at 05:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    I didn't see what was important to me on the list. Playstyle. What kind of archetypes are there and how free am I to customize how my character functions?

Aye you're right, I'll put that in. Good job mate :P, someone here is finally smart.
    Last edited by GeordieMagpie; 2011-06-12 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Spelling fail
    Howay the lads!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsagget View Post
    Imagine if there was an MMO with the following details...
    Rift/GoW3/GW2 Graphics.
    What's wrong with you guys?! Rift's Graphics are ATROCIOUS.. in my opinion WoW has the best graphics, expecially on ultra!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    What's wrong with you guys?! Rift's Graphics are ATROCIOUS.. in my opinion WoW has the best graphics, expecially on ultra!
    Meh, Rift looked good on the previews, it never caught my intrest to buy it though, but the graphics looked good..maybe it's a bit different and they just amped it up for youtube.
    Howay the lads!

Sorry for mentioning GW2 so much you guys think the thread is about it, but GW2 is an AMAZING game and if I didn't mention it, I'd be an idiot.
    Not to stomp on your parade, but isn't it a bit early to conclude anything related to GW2? Last I saw it didn't have anything short of some footage. o.o;;

Anyway, while I like the general 'idea' you try and bring up it feels a bit shallow on the description; it sounds like it could be literally any MMO if you didn't annotate specific dislikes or likes for some of them. (WoW fucked up story? Err.)

..I tried to be kind the first time, did you even bother reading? I meant imagine a New MMORPG with all the following, WoW's standarts are DEAD now, It used to have good graphics, now it's crappy, good story, now it's crappy, good fights, ..again...CRAPPY read the following and don't be a dumbass..

When I replied to your thread it didnt have any of the Rift/DCUO stuff in it. All it was was talking about GW2 and GOW3. Since you added actual other games I can see your point and your ideas a bit more. That being said, cheeseandrice for being defensive. Your first ORIGINAL post deserved my reply. Your new EDITED post does not. But since you're clearly quick on the trigger to jump on people who seem to not like your ideas (aka take criticism) then I'm not going to bother to reply to your edited original post.

Give me:
    Rift's class freedom, raiding, wardrobe features, and content schedule
    DAoC's PvP
    CoH's buddy system of swapping levels to play with friends
    Improved random dungeon generation content from CoH, DAoC, etc.
    GW2's interactive and dynamic world instead of standard quests, along with scaling content and maybe ditching the hard tank/heal dynamic

^ All that and I'm in heaven. Name your price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    When I replied to your thread it didnt have any of the Rift/DCUO stuff in it. All it was was talking about GW2 and GOW3. Since you added actual other games I can see your point and your ideas a bit more. That being said, cheeseandrice for being defensive. Your first ORIGINAL post deserved my reply. Your new EDITED post does not. But since you're clearly quick on the trigger to jump on people who seem to not like your ideas (aka take criticism) then I'm not going to bother to reply to your edited original post.

Alright then, I'll admit I got pissed off quickly. Because the post came in TWICE, I get pissed when people repeat questions that have been answered.
    Howay the lads!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
    Style preference is one thing. If you prefer WoW's artstyle over Rift's its okay. But Rift's graphics are atrocious?

http://imgur.com/a/YuvT6

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Style preference is one thing. If you prefer WoW's artstyle over Rift's its okay. But Rift's graphics are atrocious?

http://imgur.com/a/YuvT6
    A moot and heavily biased comparison. Rift in the samples are clearly using higher texture resolutions for one.
    EDIT: At least on the mount comparison. It's hardly distinguishable beyond that.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-06-12 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    A moot and heavily biased comparison. Rift in the samples are clearly using higher texture resolutions for one.
    Screenshots from my laptop with a Nvidia 240M card which is nothing spectacular.

http://imgur.com/a/p2Rol

This is really just a GW2 plug fanboy thread.

"Gw2 is so amazing omg, imagine if a MMO like this, NOT GW2 IM NOT A FANBOY, but imagine if a MMO exactly like GW2 that's a bit more violent, CAME TO LIFE!? OMG."

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Screenshots from my laptop with a Nvidia 240M card which is nothing spectacular.

http://imgur.com/a/p2Rol
    ...yeah, and? Whatever way you look at it though this isn't the thread for this discussion, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    The elements he listed were mostly from GW2. How blinded can someone be~