Page 1 of 2
LastLast

does it worth it staying 80?

once you go past 80 you enter the cata stats conversion zone . as long as you're at 80 you can still enjoy a better stats conversion .

the question is :

if you use BiS 80 gear (including cata gear available at lvl 80) is it worth it to stay lvl 80 to max out mitigation (PvE) ?

is it even possible with said gear ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it better for what? U mean doing lv 80 contend with the bit of gear u can get
    yea u can get maxd mititation u could do that with yust 80 gear aswell

Dont do it man, u get into battlegrounds with 84s, youll never find anyone to raid with you and the cata gear is slightly better than the end game wrath gear. SO in the end it doesnt make any sense.

I'm asking mainly for soloing wrath content or farming VP and stonecore for the mounts .

If your goal is to twink in the 75-79 pvp bracket then yes it is well worth it.

Your goal should be obtain the cataclysm gear which becomes available at lvl 77 (having it is a tremendous benefit giving huge boosts to attack power and stamina

I'm pretty sure your level has nothing to do with how the stats are converted.....with that being said, I dont think you can even get into Stonecore/VP unless you're 82 and your ilevel would be too low anyhow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I'm asking mainly for soloing wrath content or farming VP and stonecore for the mounts .
    Does it really bug you THAT much?

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Is it better for what? U mean doing lv 80 contend with the bit of gear u can get
    yea u can get maxd mititation u could do that with yust 80 gear aswell

Yeah we absolutely killed the hunter on our team that was 80 with 22k hp for grabbing the flag in wsg...i know the 50% crit looks nice and all but...

---------- Post added 2011-06-12 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    If your goal is to twink in the 75-79 pvp bracket then yes it is well worth it.

Your goal should be obtain the cataclysm gear which becomes available at lvl 77 (having it is a tremendous benefit giving huge boosts to attack power and stamina
    ....but he's an 80.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently staying 80 with a warrior of mine, farming the Blue Drake from OCC randoms. I will say that the Cata gear beats nearly anything but ICC 25 Heroic weapons. You can enjoy being capped with stats, and having a hell of a lot of other stats (I currently sit at 40% pure avoidance, and 35 mastery on my warrior tank, as well as being hit capped and close to expertise cap for 5 mans) You can easily tank WotLK heroics with full Cata gear as a DPS, and I can solo nearly any heroic with my warrior, Arms on the trash, and Prot on the bosses. It is also interesting running into 85 PvE geared players in WG and taking them down (LOL NUBZ!). However, you can only run BRC and TotT at 80. If you want to do SC and VP, well, ratings stay at the same rate until 83, when you take a huge hit (45% crit went down to a mere 22% crit with my druid)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

the first two posts in this thread have some of the worst spelling and grammar ever. It's hard to even understand what the OP is saying. I don't see in staying at 80 either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaynith View Post
    I'm pretty sure your level has nothing to do with how the stats are converted.....with that being said, I dont think you can even get into Stonecore/VP unless you're 82 and your ilevel would be too low anyhow.
    Yea, level does have a lot to do with how stats are converted. As you gain levels, the % you get per point of rating decreases. For instance, at lvl 1, 1 hit rating gives you an easy 5% hit chance. At 85, its 300ish hit rating for 1% hit, I believe. Something like that. If you are in mostly 80 ICC gear going from 82-83, you will notice nearly all your rating stats halve with that one single level (Haste, Mastery, Crit, Hit, Expertise).
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yea, level does have a lot to do with how stats are converted. As you gain levels, the % you get per point of rating decreases. For instance, at lvl 1, 1 hit rating gives you an easy 5% hit chance. At 85, its 300ish hit rating for 1% hit, I believe. Something like that. If you are in mostly 80 ICC gear going from 82-83, you will notice nearly all your rating stats halve with that one single level (Haste, Mastery, Crit, Hit, Expertise).
    this is exactly what I'm talking about . my aim is to find the sweet spot when you can get best gear while keeping the stats fall to a minimum . I thought the stats conversion gets real bad at 81 , but if it happens at 83 that's actually better .

This

Which is why I laughed when people kept their ICC gear into 85 dungeons. Because they went into it with the mindset they actually kept their ratings as it was at LEVEL 80 without even probably looking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    good luck getting there without being level 82

I think what would help most is some kind of a table that shows how much of X ratings give 1% Y for dodge,parry and armor for lvls 80-85 but I can't find it anywhere...

when I'll know at which lvl the stats conversion becomes more demanding I could stop just before that and gear up with best available gear for that particular lvl .

No matter how much you try to twink your level 80 to get "high stats", you cannot get the EH of a 85 tank.
    I dont see ANY scenarios where soloing with 30k health would out-do soloing with 200k health. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    good luck getting there without being level 82
    You can still get summoned there.

I am currently staying 80 with a warrior of mine, farming the Blue Drake from OCC randoms. I will say that the Cata gear beats nearly anything but ICC 25 Heroic weapons. You can enjoy being capped with stats, and having a hell of a lot of other stats (I currently sit at 40% pure avoidance, and 35 mastery on my warrior tank, as well as being hit capped and close to expertise cap for 5 mans) You can easily tank WotLK heroics with full Cata gear as a DPS, and I can solo nearly any heroic with my warrior, Arms on the trash, and Prot on the bosses. It is also interesting running into 85 PvE geared players in WG and taking them down (LOL NUBZ!). However, you can only run BRC and TotT at 80. If you want to do SC and VP, well, ratings stay at the same rate until 83, when you take a huge hit (45% crit went down to a mere 22% crit with my druid)
    ....You do know they removed the blue drake from the bag when cataclysm went live right.....i really hope so

Edit: it's back to it's old home Malygos 10 man
    Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Reins of the Blue Drake once again drops from the 10-man Malygos encounter.

Deleted
    No don't do it dude.

Deleted
    when you hit 81 stamina starts countilg for more than 10 hp per point (base) it becomes 1.4 at 85 so while you may have very good ratings. your HP pool will be severely lacking.