Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Between the third and fourth circle of hell
    I am assuming since you want to solo content that you are a blood DK, correct me if I am wrong. Just zerg to 85, and gear you will just have from quests and dungeons.... you will farm lvl 80 instances in your sleep.

Desktop: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.8GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, Dual Nvidia GTX 470 SLI
    Laptop: 2.2GHz Core i7, 8GB DDR3 1333, 2GB Radeon HD 6990

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bumrush View Post
    I am assuming since you want to solo content that you are a blood DK, correct me if I am wrong. Just zerg to 85, and gear you will just have from quests and dungeons.... you will farm lvl 80 instances in your sleep.
    It's teh paladin forumz!

(you know, the guys whose sexual orientation you questioned in another topic?)
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elexion View Post
    ....You do know they removed the blue drake from the bag when cataclysm went live right.....i really hope so

Edit: it's back to it's old home Malygos 10 man
    Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Reins of the Blue Drake once again drops from the 10-man Malygos encounter.
    It still drops from the bag- Got it on my DK shortly before 4.06, and a lucky guy got it about 3 weeks ago in a run. It also drops from 10 man Maly, as well, seen it drop there. I have heard that the Azure drake is still on both 10 and 25 man, but havent been able to confirm it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    No i dont think it is worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand the question... are you saying:

-I want to stay lvl 80 and keep my 277 BiS gear on.
    -I want to stay 80 but upgrade to Cata greens and blues
    -I want to lvl using my "now" BiS 80 gear to 85 without changing
    -I want to lvl using my "now" BiS 80 gear to 85 but change as I go but dont know what I should

because if you're a healer you can keep it till 83 but change it all by lvl 84... if you're good as in heroic raiding good skill wise(otherwise, change it all). If youre a tank id take an upgrade when I see it, same goes for dpsing.

plz dont be like these kids doing cata dungeons (or questing) with lvl 70 pvp gear on because I cant stand people who wont give up a flashy purple for an obvious upgrade because of their bias against greens.

I got a dk I kept at 80 and right now in his cata greens (blacksmithing tank gear mostly) he has over 20% mastery which gives him around 130% of his BS dmg as a shield. Its usually around 4300-7800dmg that is absorbed and its fun to mess around doing stuff without taking any dmg.... like killing mobs in old lvl 80 heroic dungeons. I might upgrade to 70 raids.
    Last edited by Paladin885; 2011-06-15 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I'm asking mainly for soloing wrath content or farming VP and stonecore for the mounts .
    not a chance tbh.. you have SO much more HP at lvl 85 than lvl 80
    Omegasupreme - Memento Mori - Frostmane-EU wowprogress

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    when you hit 81 stamina starts countilg for more than 10 hp per point (base) it becomes 1.4 at 85 so while you may have very good ratings. your HP pool will be severely lacking.
    I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, you get more HP per stamina point at 85, they wanted people to have larger health pools in order to maximize survivability in PvP (a bit.)

(or maybe did I misunderstand your post ? the "your HP pool will be severely lacking" part is a bit disturbing ; there will definitely be a lack of HP, but it'll rather be due to Wotlk items than new stamina conversion ratings, even if these imply greater health pools for mobs.)
    Last edited by Eled.; 2011-06-15 at 08:32 AM.

well im working on keep my rogue at 80 atm, got 3 others chars to level 85 first, but she was going to be a 60/70 twink in one of the lower raid guilds on our server, but decided I needed my own enchanter so leveling her 80 to get max and probably leaving her parked there

but no srs level yours if you want a character for soloing content
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eled. View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, you get more HP per stamina point at 85, they wanted people to have larger health pools in order to maximize survivability in PvP (a bit.)

(or maybe did I misunderstand your post ? the "your HP pool will be severely lacking" part is a bit disturbing ; there will definitely be a lack of HP, but it'll rather be due to Wotlk items than new stamina conversion ratings, even if these imply greater health pools for mobs.)
    eek your right i meant to say 14 instead of 1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by elexion View Post
    ....You do know they removed the blue drake from the bag when cataclysm went live right.....i really hope so

Edit: it's back to it's old home Malygos 10 man
    Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Reins of the Blue Drake once again drops from the 10-man Malygos encounter.
    I wish peopled would get their facts straight before spreading misinformation.

Blue Drake still drops from the Occulus bag. If you are able to get Occulus as a Random Heroic @ level 80 still.

But Maly 10/25 both drop the Blue and/or Azure Drake now. Yes, you can get either drake from either difficulty now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I'm asking mainly for soloing wrath content or farming VP and stonecore for the mounts .
    How does it benefit you to solo Wrath content at level 80? You will drop like a fag in VP and SC at 80, even with BiS gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    I dont understand the question... are you saying:

-I want to stay lvl 80 and keep my 277 BiS gear on.
    -I want to stay 80 but upgrade to Cata greens and blues
    -I want to lvl using my "now" BiS 80 gear to 85 without changing
    -I want to lvl using my "now" BiS 80 gear to 85 but change as I go but dont know what I should

because if you're a healer you can keep it till 83 but change it all by lvl 84... if you're good as in heroic raiding good skill wise(otherwise, change it all). If youre a tank id take an upgrade when I see it, same goes for dpsing.

plz dont be like these kids doing cata dungeons (or questing) with lvl 70 pvp gear on because I cant stand people who wont give up a flashy purple for an obvious upgrade because of their bias against greens.

I got a dk I kept at 80 and right now in his cata greens (blacksmithing tank gear mostly) he has over 20% mastery which gives him around 130% of his BS dmg as a shield. Its usually around 4300-7800dmg that is absorbed and its fun to mess around doing stuff without taking any dmg.... like killing mobs in old lvl 80 heroic dungeons. I might upgrade to 70 raids.
    I've been running some numbers (which might be wrong either because lack of updated information or my calculations..) .

@80 , with 289-308 gear a prot palla should have approx :

45K HP
    4700 AP
    45 mastery pts (100% to block) = static 30% physical damage reduction
    24.13% to dodge
    24.30% to parry

and about 60% physical dr from armor

it means the pally will have 55% not to take any damage (base 5% miss+48.43% avoidance) .
    in case the hit landed the pally will suffer 18% from original dmg (60%*30%).

all together , it supposed to reduce overall physical dmg by 91% (again , forgive me if my calcs or mechanics understanding is wrong) = 18% from unavoided which will happen about 45% of times .

considering that at lvl 83 stats conversion is twice as bad , and at lvl 85 it goes down again by half , where is the "sweet spot" for soloing content available to that lvl ? (eg , VP if you're 80 , SC if you're 83 , lvl 85 dungeons if you're 85).

* after reading the comments I will probably make my pally go 85 , but in I'm now more interested in the theory of the optimal lvl/stats conversion in order to solo reachable content .

Deleted
    Not worth it, New content is worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are 80 you can try getting Herald of the Titans before leveling, seeing how the requirement is to be at level 80 + alot of other things ;P