Poll: Do you ever think we'll see another raid like Ulduar?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately I wasn't around during uld and started playing when toc was popular and my first ever raid being icc. Even now when we go back for achieve runs for drakes I love the place and it does have an epic feeling to it as did icc imo. As for the current raids I think throne has some cool fights. BoT can go fucking die. Bwd I think is pretty awesome and I'm really looking forward to firelands.

OT I really hope they do make another raid like uld but I don't think it will be anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    While I do agree it was a very fun raid, I don't believe it to be so much better than every other single raid in the game as others describe it. I feel the nostalgia factor makes it appear that way.

The worst part about it was the size. It took fucking forever to clear the entire place (when it was current content, not after).
    Sadly i dont think they will. Karazhan and Ulduar are the most well designed raids imo. I dont understand that problem with a raid having to many bosses, because you can continue a raid lockout, so saying small guilds cant progress through them is total BS. Yes they probably took alot of time and resouces to make, but they should, we all pay them to make the best content possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont know for sure. IMO, Ulduar was the best raid of WOTLK. Order would be Ulduar/RS, ICC, the rest sucked ass.

Do want. Will never see one though. Too many casuals couldn't figure out hardmodes and whatnot.
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    These raids and their acceptance by the community are very luck of the draw things. EVerything can't be awesome all the time. Blizzard might develop a great raid one patch and one not as good the next. I personally didnt enjoy Ulduar as much as I enjoyed karazhan but it was good nonetheless. I never really enjoyed BT or SSC, likewise I enjoyed ICC but not Naxx.

This thread is going to be filled with people on the lets-hate-everything bandwagon, most of whom never played any of the content they are praising or complaining about. This content is all good, some of it is just better than other parts.
    It actually sounds like you never really liked a raid instance labled as "epic" by the community, seeing how you just named every good raid instance ever made, and said, you didnt like them.

Come on... Ulduar, BT, SCC.. in that order, dude. =)

---------- Post added 2011-06-12 at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    While I do agree it was a very fun raid, I don't believe it to be so much better than every other single raid in the game as others describe it. I feel the nostalgia factor makes it appear that way.

The worst part about it was the size. It took fucking forever to clear the entire place (when it was current content, not after).
    The main reason for Ulduar greatness was the let down of Naxx25, ToC and ICC in WotLK. No nostalgia factor involved, unless you count the continued let down of Cataclysm' raid design in.

Quote Originally Posted by cquirki View Post
    UR SO LAME! Ulduar has won ALL favorite raid polls on these forums and many others. The diversity was AMAZING. No other raid has ever been as epic as ulduar. gimmicky bosses? u mean interesting hardmode activation and epic pro achieves? There was a lot of trash but it was so fun to be in such an epic place.
    No, I mean loot pinatas like Razor/Ignis/XT/FL/Kologarn with primitive mechanics and no fun/difficulty whatsoever. More does not mean better.

Yet people still had to kill them for Valanyr fragments/loot/badges.

Oh, and Freya trash was enjoyable. Not. Wait, did I say Freya trash was bad? I'm sorry, I must've forgotten about Vezax trash. Oh wait, it's actually the trash leading to Mimiron that is the worst ever. Heck, they're all just awful no matter how you look at it, Ulduar trash was THE most tedious in the entire game.
    Last edited by Commander; 2011-06-12 at 08:12 PM.

Deleted
    Please no I loathed Ulduar for their dual 10/25m progression model, having to clear at least 8 bosses before being able to attempt the final boss on a harder mode, two times.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't think Blizzard has it in itself to give people a raid we'll truly enjoy again. It was the perfect size for its time, wasn't too gatey but some things didn't get faceroll for a few weeks. The architecture and celestial...ness? Really stuck out for me, I quite enjoyed them.

It's just sad though. I remember when I first saw Sulfuron Spire starting Hyjal, and I was more than a little creeped out by how sinister it looks, the way a raid should have some kind of emotion other than "oh here we go". Ulduar had awe related to its scale, and ICC had the anticipation that I could finally get back at Arthas for the events in Warcraft. I didn't really have anything against Cho'gall or Nefarian like that...and Ragnaros neither. Maybe I'm all geeked out. /sigh
    Be reasonable. You might be right, you could be wrong, but either way most people won't change their minds if you keep shouting at them.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."

The place where Freya walked was one of the most beautiful places in a whole WoW... the first time I step in there, I just fell in love with this place.

Although my guild progressed only normals and couldnt get past Yogg+4, I just loved raiding there. Everything was perfect - from waiting for invites in front of the instance portal (ahh those druid typhooning you and causing you to dismount ) to choosing which vehicle you take today. Scenery was great, music was great, bosses were great. After a hard day I just literally waited to raid Ulduar and relax. Now, when I think about this... the nostalgia is too big... just want to cry and wish to come back in time to raid it again.

UNFORTUNATELLY, Blizzard showed us enough proofs that quantity > quality. And Im not talking about the number of bosses. Im talking about what they do to bring more and more people, at the same time spiting in the faces of the ones who already play. I just cant stand how they talk about Firelands. There is a definition about this: OVERHYPE.

Ulduar represented this everything which was good and well-thought. Now, WoW is coming into very different direction. So NO, there will never be another raid like Ulduar. I give it one year until they'll come up with the idea of 3 bosses per content patch.

Uh, no doubt. Sure we've got "team b" developing content, but they've got years and years of attempts. Don't worry, there'll be another.

No one raid rules forever, my son...

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I think we'll ever see another raid like Ulduar? No. Do I wish we'll see a raid like Ulduar? Yes. It was definitely my favourite raid. I think the big reason I liked it (besides the epicness) was the variety in boss themes without any of them feeling out of place. Everything just seemed to fit together very well.

i voted no we wont see one, but dang i really want to. that was pure epicness, even 2 years later its still a ton of fun.
    ggg

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard promised the ulduar epicness on firelands.

Firelands delivered. Firelands failed.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

If Blizz does anything like ulduar again people will cry and say its just rehashed content. or get some new ideas and make something innovative i played vanilla- current raided all of them and i guarantee you if we went back and had WOTLK BC vanilla servers none would do them because guess what you lost the adventurous feel when you could faceroll it. or did it during current content. I would not be happy if it was remade i hope blizzard can do somthing to fix the game and innovate new ideas

In terms of hardmode toggling, of course not, they are going to stick with the current toggle method forever as far as I can see. As for actual boss encounters, yes, they can come up with some good ones....4.2 looks like its going to have some unique boss fights, for starters. While Ulduar had its fair share of epic, memorable fights it also had its fair share of fights that weren't quite as interesting or memorable. A lot of work went into that instance (and probably some of that work should have been put into Naxx), but oh well.

They could pull it off with WoTA raid, but Blizz tends to drop the ball on raids that culd be rlly rlly epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Given View Post
    I wasnt healing enough, i know my warlock sucks...
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    I got kicked once during Wrath for not rezzing somebody who died.

The curious part is that I was playing a mage.

No. Blizzard likes shitty 'innovation'. The guys working on WoW now are completely clueless.

As much as i adore Ulduar, i do not think Blizz will ever make something like it again. Like seriously it was all downhill from Ulduar, just look at the abortion of an expansion Cataclysm. (Lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    we already saw ZA again. So... probably
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Uld was prob my 2nd fav raid next to ssc, and while the majority of it was great once they got done tweaking some things (hello shitty 1shot trash for meele on everything) it was pretty much gravy except for the excess amount of trash in freyas room( I really think the trash to hodir and mimi was just perfect in length) and the fact that anyone could click a keeper.. god that was freaking annoying when you were working on 0light, or later on during icc when we were doing pug 0light runs for mimis head. 1 dick could fuck everythign up for everyone.