Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why Level A Lock ?

Im thinking of leveling a lock as to what spec i cannot decide. I like the sound of Destruction reigning down shadow and fire on my enemy but demonology sounds awesome to which spec should i level ? are they are a boring class to level ? a viable class for pvp at 85 ? and question i need help with most why a warlock and not a mage ? Thanks guys

Deleted
    Frost mage gets a pet and owns in pvp so best option.

Affliction warlock with their self healing from dots made for a different and enjoyable play style, too bad that got nerfed to the ground

It seems to me that locks get closer and closer to being a mage every patch, so I'd go ahead and roll a mage.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    u can make them interesting, but they are just boring as every other class is.

i prefer demonology, let your minion do all job, there is survivability and also you dont lose all mana all the time. + no kickback in casting when felguard tanks.

I have both a lock and a mage at 85, and for your question regarding which one: Locks juggle dots, mages don't (living bomb doesn't count, too easy :P). Also, locks have to manage pets whereas only the frost spec has a pet for mages (I hate managing pets)

As for spec: Go demo for leveling. Felguard hits like a truck, can tank most stuff, and once you get Lolstorm, your main issue is tagging mobs before they die to get credit for the kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locks get their own S&M demon. Win!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Locks get their own S&M demon. Win!

duh winning!

Deleted
    Okay so it seem's to be Lock's are getting F'ed over to become there mage counter parts. ?
    Thats a shame i liked the idea of DoTin up an opponent and watching him die.
    Its a tricky question i can't anwser Mage or Lock ?
    Mage = Lovely damage but seem's so many people play them and i've been told there pants for defence which means they die alot.
    Lock= Fun, awesome S&M Pet ^^ and Shadow/Fire Spells ?

Deleted
    Demonic Circle = Instant awesomeness.
    Do YOU want to be awesome? Roll a Warlock today!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerpoker View Post
    Demonic Circle = Instant awesomeness.
    Do YOU want to be awesome? Roll a Warlock today!
    Just the anwser i was looking forward to :P

Level it anyway you want. It is a blast to play. Here are a couple of hints on each spec:

1. Affliction - Dot as many mobs as you can and see them all drown in their own blood while you run around looting them. Slower down time, large groups of mobs, aoe looting.

2. Demonology - Send in your pet and make a coffee or something. Great for soloing harder, group quests and very awesome in general. Fast down time, large groups of mobs, pet tanking.

3. Destruction - Fire, freaking, away. Just start shooting and everything dies. So awesomely overpowered. BUUURN! Uber fast down time, single mobs, greater vulnerability.

Take your pick.

edit; Forgot to add my leveling experience with specs. Played affliction in vanila. Switched to Demonology in TBC (felguard ftw)... went destruction at the end of TBC and leveled as destro in WOTLK. Tried high end raiidng in TBC as destruction, likewise in WOTLK but later switched to demonology... Haven't tried anything in Cataclysm but I bet it's awesome.
    Last edited by Dragonshardz; 2011-06-12 at 08:23 PM.

level a lock, it's fun to play
    I personally enjoy demonology the most. From all the classes I've played I like my main lock the best (haven't played a priest and shaman in end-game content only)

I have a question...does the pet that does whirlwind...felguard also do good dps? like is it viable for 85?

Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    I have a question...does the pet that does whirlwind...felguard also do good dps? like is it viable for 85?
    For AoE yes, but I believe the single target pet is Felhunter for Demo now (could be wrong, that was what I heard last)

Quote Originally Posted by Potato Bus View Post
    For AoE yes, but I believe the single target pet is Felhunter for Demo now (could be wrong, that was what I heard last)
    Felhunter seems cool, I'm a little bored with destro and my imp...gonna go demo

I just went back to my lock and remembered how much I love demo. The rotation or rather priority set for that spec is great and you do a fair amount of dmg.
    "Everyone generalizes from one example, I know I do" Steven Brust

and question i need help with most why a warlock and not a mage ?
    If you want a one button dps spec and an arguably overpowered pvp spec, go ahead and pick a mage. But you if you want a class with a pretty high skill ceiling and a rewarding playstyle, pick a warlock

As soon as I discovered the proper way to level as affliction back in BC, I fell in love with the class. Running around dot'ing, draining, fearing, and most importantly never dying is tons of fun.

Okay so it seem's to be Lock's are getting F'ed over to become there mage counter parts. ?
    Thats a shame i liked the idea of DoTin up an opponent and watching him die.
    Well, the destro spec is the closest thing warlocks have to being a mage, which should make your question pretty easy to answer! If you can have the best of both worlds, why not choose a lock? :P
    "Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity."

Deleted
    http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=179805

made me roll a lock for sure. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are the awesome at playing wow roll a lock, they are easy to play but deathly hard to play well. prepare for a roller coaster of spec changing nerfs and buffs, never expect to enjoy the spec blizz doesn't want you to play, but i still love my lock
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I levelled Affli till I got chaos bolt in the destro tree, from then I levelled destro through tbc/wrath and most of cata. I juggled demo into cata for the harder quests.

Was amazing fun and I love all 3 specs anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.