Thread: Is SC:II good?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    That WAS a really terrible map, lost almost every game against a terran on it
    I miss it as a zerg.

Used to 12 drone rush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angael View Post
    doesn't that show that protoss is not OP??
    They're not, people are idiots.

Protoss have never been particularly buffed since beta. They've received buffs and nerfs at the same time.

Soul Calibur II? I loved it! I always played as Yunsung and Kilik! Sometimes Xiangua, too!
    "What's your rotation?" "About once every 24 hours. Why?"

Deleted
    In a single word: YES!

Epic game! I highly recommend it! You can even go as far as to make your own maps and games in multiplayer.

i quit wow for sc2

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lefuu View Post
    Forcefields are imbalanced and game changing. The game is far from being balanced.

Protoss can easily counter any zerg army, and deathball is most of the time indestructible. Terran around the same as Zerg, maybe Zerg behind a bit atm with Protoss being best atm.. too good compared to other two.
    lol, which is why mc lost to losira in the mlg columbus semis and MMA won the whole shebang... top 8 at mlg had 5 zergs. please, l2p I don't even want to start with gsl, where there are so few p it is pathetic. not saying p is up. but at the moment the metagame favors z and t over p. I'm guessing the emerging gateway heavy style will but the ball back in ps court, but we'll have to wait and see

---------- Post added 2011-06-16 at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kpoof View Post
    I can honestly say this; don't waste full-price money for it.

Single player campaign is really good I'll admit. Multi-player sucks. I'm not an experienced SC2 multi-player, I ruled in SC1 many many years ago, but that time is over. SC2 is slightly different to get used to, and as many people pointed out, it's a really rough start when playing multiplayer, you can find yourself losing over 20 times in a row due to just terrible luck or a very good opponent. I just hate the early rushes and griefing people do.

And that brings the point to the problem; griefing. People are really just fucking griefing when it comes to multi-player, they'll do whatever lame thing they can to win. Like reapers micromanagement, flying back and forth with 2 of them without any chance for you to even reach them. That's not fun, those are the times I question the honor people have, which brings me to balance;

Sure, the game is balanced in the long run, it's really fun to have a match lasting a long time, 20 minutes+ where you actually got the time to build a base, defenses and an army. That's what this game is about to me, fun. And there's zero fun to get raped within 5 minutes in the lowest bracket by 2 reapers.

I've seen plenty of idiots here with their bubbles saying "people who fail at the early rushes are complete retards who don't know how to play this game". Sorry to say, this isn't how you play SC2 properly. You play 5 minute matches in competitions and stupid noob vs noob brackets, but that's not fun. If you consider playing multi-player, play only with your friends where you can actually talk to them and have FUN, and not against some avid hardcore gamer who only cares about pointless points and brackets.

In short;

Singleplayer? A huge yes, it was great.

Multiplayer? No, unless you're A) a huge online gamer fan that enjoys endless grinding and matches against griefers or B) have good friends that you can play with / against to have fun.

Anyone bashing this post is automatically found idiots due to being one-sided and lack the ability to process all sides of a subject. Not everyone are superheroes in SC2, and not everyone has the time nor the energy / motivation to lose 15 times in a row.

I have to correct you. "griefing" as you call it is just playing to their strengths. If you want a long game ( which obviously plays to YOUR strengths) you have to EARN it. nobody is handing anything to you in sc2. which is why you always have to make sure you are not getting "cheesed" as it is called in sc2 terminlogy. SC2 is not about honor. there is no special medal because you both build a 200/200 food army and ran it into each other. I have won a ton of games due to dt harass. does that make me a griefer? or does that mean I spotted a weakness in zerg defenses while going blinkstalker that I abused with dt drops in the main that sniped the techbuilding? situational awareness and "reading" your opponent become very very important. Just like bosses emote before they do a certain attack, the unit composition of the enemy tells you a TON about what he is planning to do. btw: a probe at the xel naga towers usually shuts down reaper harass without any damage. as t you have marines, as z you have queens, as p you have stalkers to shut down anything the reapers could possibly do.
    The World of Warcraft is a game of much complexity, sometimes there's fire, and you have to not stand in it

xheouls guide to wow.

Im sure single player is fun, but I really hate RTS online.. People just rush right away. Whats the fun in 10 mins game, really booring to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's very very fun and decently balanced from what I've seen, and you learn to deal with rushes (I hate early pressure also ><)

I loved the campaign, and it's overall an awesome game to get into.

The single player was pretty fun but got boring toward the end for me.

I don't really like the online play much, I just don't like how people rush so quickly. I enjoy building up my forces and learning all the techs and stuff but RTS games now are all about Tier 1 and Tier 2 units.

It's the same with WC3, you have to constantly be rushing just so you don't lose real quick. So if you like to rush people then this game will be great.

I enjoy a game where I can take my time and enjoy, and the multiplayer doesn't do that. Single player is OK, has quite a bit of unique things for RTS but the storyline was really boring and I never completed it. I'm not dissing the game, just stating how it didn't cater to my gaming wants. I may try out the next one though.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    <snip to avoid spoilers>
    ...I am tempted to make a snide remark involving nationality. Because it was seriously very, very, veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery obvious from the getgo. It would have been more unexpected for it to go any other way.

I don't know why people hate rushing so much I think it's part of Starcraft. yes I don't hesitate to rush at all when I have chance.If there's no rushing it won't be Starcraft for me. Long games are fun but that doesn't mean short games can not be fun. you have to learn to counter it i feel very good when i can counter rushing.

I think SC1 is better. It's a legend.

Deleted
    Its one of the better games ive ever spent money on.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyDg View Post
    I think SC1 is better. It's a legend.
    You can't play SC1 in 2011! 640x480 in 2D and 2Frames/Animation?! SC2 ist just much more Entertaining to watch and Gameplay-wise nearly a 1:1 Copy.

Deleted
    I love SC2, both single and multi-player.

Every mission in the campaign is unique. It is obvious you have to kill the other team, but not like the usual "here's a new map, you are in place A, they are in place B, kill!". You have a lot of things like "destroy their trains" or "get to place X before they do", etc...

And the multi-player is just like the way I like, fast, crazy, lot of things to think fast, keybind everything, unit micromanagement... I love it lol, specially when playing 2v2 or 3v3 with my friends in my team, climbing the ladder and the game is very balanced overall!

Sad, I don't have too much time to play it. When I get home from work it's WoW 1-2 hours and nothing more.