Advice on Gaming Laptop HELP!

Okay before I start this post off please rember im not a computer expert so if you reply on this please dont go too far over my head keep it simple , I Have a job that where im away from my desktop, and am able to play wow while im away the problem is I NEED A NEW LAPTOP. Im looking for advice on what to buy my budget is up too $1500.00. IM a active progression raider and i need this think to be relible and preform well im not saying i want to run the graphics on ultra but at least high settings with a good FPS. im going to have a solid internet connection where i will be away and will be using this laptop at least 2days a week to raid when im away from my desktop. What should I buy I have no clue where to start and im no means a comp expert i just need a machine that is solid so IF YOU HAD $1500.00 TODAY RIGHT NOW WHAT LAPTOP WOULD YOU BUY AND WHY. pls keep the tech anwsers to a dumb dumb lvl and thanks everyone who is willing to post on this it will be a huge help.

Asus G73SW

Republic of Gamers laptop

OR

Sager-np8170

because Clevo has been pretty hotsauce for a long while

gg
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-06-13 at 12:45 PM. Reason: added link

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    Asus G73SW

Republic of Gamers laptop

OR

Sager-np8170

because Clevo has been pretty hotsauce for a long while

gg
    Don't know what Clevo is like in the US... but in the UK they have terrible customer support... Worse than Dell.... (My dad has 2 Clevo laptops, and getting driver updates or replacement parts is a total nightmare.)

Well in the US you would go through Sager, since most any Clevo sold here is done so by Sager. I haven't had to deal with support but once, and it was something they would likely never care about. I was playing FFXIV at the time, and the volume pad on the laptop itself worked fine, except the software involved popped up a little thing on the screen when you did it. For those who don't know, you cannot alt tab FFXIV if it's full screen, it will crash immediately. Asked them to add an option to turn that off, but I don't think they quite understood it.

But otherwise, the laptop has been great.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2