Which fans to buy?

So.. I¨'m in need of another case fan for my CM Elite 430 Black case (It's the version with a window in the side panel). It already has 1 120mm blue LED fan installed in the front, and I would like to stick another fan on the back to improve the airflow. I'm looking for something with blue LEDs to match the current fan, so I won't be buying the Gentle Typhoon and the Noctua thingy, although they're nice fans.

I've been looking into the Cooler Master R4 as it seems like a nice and quite fan that provides a good airflow. Have anyone used them? How much noise does it make compared to the airflow, and how much does the LED light up?

I'm also open to suggestions if anyone could recommend another fan (preferably the same price range)

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    these are the BEST LED fans you can get
    Silverstone AP121 Air Penetrator Blue LED - 120mm
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2011-06-13 at 03:45 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    these are the BEST LED fans you can get
    Silverstone AP121 Air Penetrator Blue LED - 120mm
    I like how they showed the airflow,but since my fan would be used for exhaust, I think it's a bit overkill. If I were looking for an intake fan, i'd probably choose that one though. I'm looking for a good exhaust LED fan that runs quite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mestofiles View Post
    I like how they showed the airflow,but since my fan would be used for exhaust, I think it's a bit overkill. If I were looking for an intake fan, i'd probably choose that one though. I'm looking for a good exhaust LED fan that runs quite.
    What? A fan is a fan, there's no difference between intake and exhaust fans....
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Flip "intake" fan around.
    Fan instantly becomes exhaust fan.
    Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    What? A fan is a fan, there's no difference between intake and exhaust fans....
    Yes, but that specific fan he linked, is designed as an intake fan. If you watch the video, the way the air flows after the fan has expelled it, makes it great for intake, as it concentrates the air more than other fans. What I mean is, that while it's obviously a great fan, there's no point in using it as exhaust fan if there's a cheaper alternative that has the same CFM. I don't need to have my exhaust air concentrated.

Deleted
    Yes, but that specific fan he linked, is designed as an intake fan. If you watch the video, the way the air flows after the fan has expelled it, makes it great for intake, as it concentrates the air more than other fans. What I mean is, that while it's obviously a great fan, there's no point in using it as exhaust fan if there's a cheaper alternative that has the same CFM. I don't need to have my exhaust air concentrated.
    What video?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a 2000 RPM Cooler Master Sickleflow, available in red, blue and green.

It moves a decent amount of air but at 2000 RPM it's quite audible so I tend to keep it at around 1600. I'd say you'd _need_ to regulate its RPM if you want it quiet.

At max rpm it says on its product sheet that it can move 69.69 CFM.
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-06-13 at 04:09 PM.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    im using 5 of them now in my 800d. 3 in the top insted of the 3 raidmaxx fans i had. i wasn`t happy with the job, the raidmaxx fans was doing. and then i have to on my H50 for push/pull. was using yateloons, but i wanted blue LED in the back to

---------- Post added 2011-06-13 at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prixie View Post
    What video?
    this video
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post

It moves a decent amount of air but at 2000 RPM it's quite audible so I tend to keep it at around 1600. I'd say you'd _need_ to regulate its RPM if you want it quiet.
    And here I am thinking my 800RPM Gentle Typhoons are too loud and should be stiffled >.>

At max rpm it says on its product sheet that it can move 69.69 CFM.

How audible would you rate it on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is like a jet engine and 1 is dead silent?
    Right now, the only noteable noise that comes from my computer is the two fans on my Asus GTX570

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    And here I am thinking my 800RPM Gentle Typhoons are too loud and should be stiffled >.>
    And here I have three Scythe GT 1850 RPM running them at full speed without giving a care in the world I think they're like the most quiet fans in my PC.

How audible would you rate it on a scale of 1-10 where 10 is like a jet engine and 1 is dead silent?
    Right now, the only noteable noise that comes from my computer is the two fans on my Asus GTX570
    9. When I first just jacked it up on a 4 pin molex I thought I'd go deaf.

Ok overexagurating but it will make powerful noise at 2000RPM.

And here I have three Scythe GT 1850 RPM running them at full speed without giving a care in the world I think they're like the most quiet fans in my PC.

9. When I first just jacked it up on a 4 pin molex I thought I'd go deaf.

Ok overexagurating but it will make powerful noise at 2000RPM.
    Hmm i wonder if i could hear those with my headphones on, i can only start to hear noise if my gpu fan is near 100%

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-046-_-Product

Yup, they make them in blue. The ones in my fileserver are the orange blade/white LED model. The purple fans in the rig in my sig are Xiggies too.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Deleted
    I have ordered the same case you have, do you feel its any good? :P