Deleted

Warhammer Online

I just have a few questions about WaR if anybody on these forums is still playing it id be grateful for the information :-)

How populated are the EU servers? is the game like a ghost town or are the remaining servers still quite busy?

How is the game atm,is the pvp still relatively fun?

What new features have been added (if any) I haven't played this game for around 18 months is there any new content?

I was just thinking of adding a months subscription and taking it from there,is it even worth coming back and giving the game a shot?

I played almost 8 months ago now, before the release of cata, on EU, and i don't remember my server being a ghost town.

That said, there is a strong reason for that - almost everyone online in any given moment is concentrated in one of three places - the capital city of their faction, Scenarios, or War Zones. So even if not many people are online, you feel that less due to heavy concentration of players. Although the questing zones are completely empty past the first 10/20 levels. (Shame, because the questing in War is actually pretty good, although it has a fairly heavy reliance on public quests, which nobody does in the later zones, or in the dwarf/elf/orc zones). One dissapointing thing is that for some reason, nobody ever bothered (when i played) to fight in the Dwarf/Orc war zones at top level. It was all the Elf and human/choas zones. That said, Praag was fucking awesome, as was Dragonwake and Caledor.

The pvp is and always will be fun, since the game focuses pretty exclusively on it. For some insanely strange reason they removed those fortress things at the end of every warzone line at top level, and they rocked, but oh well. pvp was very teambased. It was quite odd, in a way. The difference between a new lvl 40 and a lvl 40 with sovereign (or renown 8, or whatever its called these days) was about as big as the difference between a lvl 50 and a lvl 60 in vanilla WoW, yet even if your a new lvl 40, you can still be a credit to your team by staying with it. As a level 35 with inflated lvl to 40, i could still help as a Slayer by rushing in and spamming aoes.

Give the game a shot. I have fond memories of it. It isn't for everyone, but if team pvp is your thing, go for it.

Edit : Just wanted to mention, the Renown ranks and levels were a brilliant method of providing character progression (MEANINGFUL character progression) past top level, for a very long time. Even at top level, you always had something to work towards, and not having anything when you finally, finally reach the end of it isn't so bad, because if it is today the same as it used to be, you'll have everyone who sees your gear licking your ass like T3 in WoW, and it feels good to be uber.
    Last edited by Migey; 2011-06-13 at 04:53 PM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Deleted
    Thanks for the information mate

I think ill give it a try and see how it goes

It was fun when I was playing it back in August, but I got sucked back into WoW. They had just overhauled the PVP, and from what I've read they've since overhauled it again. The PVE was pretty dead, but you could usually find a warband for RVR stuff, and can level that way easily enough.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.