Poll: Which MMO do you think will be better?

Deleted

TSW vs. ArcheAge vs. TERA vs. Blade & Soul

While GW2 and SWtOR are the most hyped of the upcoming MMOs there are some other potentially good titles coming up.
    So which one do think will be better?

None of these.

Firefall for sure!

I'm looking forward to TERA. The others I've not even heard of. Well, I saw some mention of Archeage on here, but it was some silly comparison with Titan.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Only know TSW has guns and magic
    Only thing i know about Archeage is that its on the crysis engine
    TERA Fun Combat, Beautiful visuals, quests are lacking thou imo
    Blade & Soul only saw a trailer where they jumped really high alot

Deleted
    ^
    ^
    Then you have to check out the rest of them too, they are pretty interesting games.

B&S most likely won't be out till fall/winter of next year. It's not being released in the US at the same time as Korea and localization ect. probably won't start till after the Korean launch (sadly).

Deleted
    The Secret World - Sticky targeting just like wow.... WHYYYYYYYY
    ArcheAge - more sticky targeting however the quests in this game looks very interesting ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzxGcY-y0J0 )
    TERA - Aim and shoot/attack with quests just as bad as vanilla wow quests
    Blade & Soul - aion/wow clone to milk more money for ncsoft

I think TERA will be the best of these mmos by far just because of the different combat system.
    That said I know all these games will have lackluster pve endgame and if you quit wow to play any of these games you will be dissapointed when you hit max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    That said I know all these games will have lackluster pve endgame and if you quit wow to play any of these games you will be dissapointed when you hit max level.
    I'm glad you have firsthand experience playing through all the content these games have to offer. Your expert, in depth analysis is very educational and will surely help me in my decision on whether to play these games or not when they come out in the future!

Thanks McFly!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I'm glad you have firsthand experience playing through all the content these games have to offer. Your expert, in depth analysis is very educational and will surely help me in my decision on whether to play these games or not when they come out in the future!

Thanks McFly!
    Name one mmorpg that offers as much pve endgame as wow.

And yes I have played TERA I cant say I have played the other games but if you are expecting lots of pve end game from any of these games you will be very dissapointed.

Deleted
    I'd rather have less Pve content which is richer in depth and enjoyability.

You may keep your masses of <don't stand there> <deeps now> <big heal> which gets recoloured and retuned time and time again.

Hoping TERA will be good. I like it's spontaneous world PvP and style. I find the politics system to be interesting. And I also enjoy the classes, races, and the world(and from what I've seen there's wall climbing! yay exploiting) The shiny visuals are just extra toppings.

However I don't like how battles are long. Like in 5 man dungeons a boss fight can be 10 minutes long. Raiding bosses should be 10minutes long, regular 5 mans should be like 3 minutes max.

Also I don't think shooter MMO's are a good idea to be honest. Borderlands as an MMO just sounds really boring. FPSs should simply be sandbox TDM/CTFs/Slayers RPG shooters tend to become really boring and imbalanced.

Name one mmorpg that offers as much pve endgame as wow.

And yes I have played TERA I cant say I have played the other games but if you are expecting lots of pve end game from any of these games you will be very dissapointed.
    Everquest destroys it in the amount of content, because it's been out for longer.

Everquest 2 destroys it because you can, and still do run content from prior expansions. In WoW there's no purpose to running T1-10 content because the gear is trash. EQ2 might have slightly less (not sure since I haven't played in a while) current content, but it has content from past expansions ect. that people still run.

Not many games have been out for as long as WoW has been, and since I haven't experienced or even read much about the amount/quality of content in other games, I'm not going to call them out and say that since I don't know how much content they have, they must have very little. That's just silly.

Again, how do you know there will be no end game? Show me the videos of you playing through it or the interviews with the devs discussing how they don't want to have any end game PvE content. You're still spouting out your ass right now. And why does it all have to be about end game? TSW seems to have a different approach to keeping players interested and active.

Tera in Korea is a different game than we will be getting here, so you can't make direct comparisons (look at Aion in Korea compared to here, it's a vastly different game). They are getting a patch with more content (since they lacked it, you're right) and additional levels. We will supposedly get the same patch at our launch of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Again, how do you know there will be no end game?
    Because in the last 5 years or so there have been no mmo with enough endgame content. Most mmos ship with endgame content but the amount of it is very slim, a good example for this is TERA in korea.

Because in the last 5 years or so there have been no mmo with enough endgame content. Most mmos ship with endgame content but the amount of it is very slim, a good example for this is TERA in korea.
    Some haven't, you're right. Others have. Yet others, aren't focusing on endgame content because guess what...that's not all there is to a game!

WoW isn't overflowing with endgame content (a year of T10, 6 months+ of T11? That's a lot?). Compared to some other games, WoW actually LACKS end game content. Compare it to Rift (since everyone else does), Rift has pushed out more content since launch than WoW had in the first year or so of the game and has pushed out more than WoW has since the launch of Cata. That's if you're just talking about end-game raids. Other games add in things like massive quest chains in new zones to occupy players. You're focused exclusively on "end game raiding content" when that's not all there is to an MMO.

And I agree, in Korea Tera did deal with a lack of content(So did Aion when it was launched in Korea and it's now the most successful MMO over there to my knowledge), that's why they're patching it. That's also why when it is released in the West, it will have that additional content from the get go (from what I've read).

Your fanboyism is showing btw (and I normally don't call people fanboys)

Deleted
    Ok guys stop arguing, let's go back on topic.

I voted for Tera simply because the combat is different from your typical MMO, who knows how it's going to pan out but that alone enough to make me at least try it.

The Secret World is a close second.

Blade and Soul, I dunno, I don't have any burning desire to try it out actually.

And ArcheAge I haven't even heard of.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

i have played Tera on the korean version and overall its a nice game. However, personally i think the classes are rather boring compared to the average mmo (low amount of skills, skills that make no sense etc) which left me bored.

I have to admit tho, that the healing system of Tera is rly good. It's not just standing there spamming a button but you actually have to target the person you want to heal with your aim meaning in crouded areas it wil become a real challenge to heal the right target.

The leveling is also rather nicely with a decent amount of quest and interesting group quest.

Im waiting till it releases in the western countries and then i will try it again.