Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Has anyone noticed that it appears that spells are bugged on content below level 70?
    - Healer mobs heal for like 5% health on a 3 second cast (remember the witchdoctor's in ZF? Their flash heal in classic I KNOW was atleast 1k, because it was so annoying to fight them. It's less than 250 now, somehow). I know this is a bug because the mobs did much, much more healing before Cata.
    - Damage over time effects are bugged. Shadow word pains in any number of dungeons seem to tick for what, 22 damage? The fire elemental in Stockade has a Rain of fire that ticks for 3 damage? lol.
    - Direct cast spells are bugged. An example is the sand breath from the final boss of Escape from Durnholde. Used to hit for ~3k damage on normal. Now it hits for like 250.
    There was a response on the beta forums by a pretty popular thread regarding this bug. They said it was going to be fixed in a beta patch. It has yet to be addressed.

of course it's easy, Helm and cloak Heirloom, Tank Heirloom, big dungeons are becoming small, keys are not necessary anymore, anyone can buy your own PVP set lvl 60 and 70. And all that for what? to get lvl 85 in a couple of days, making the game boring and a lot of people angry and complaining like "I'm quitting WoW, there's nothing to do anymore"

I really like this game, the lore and etc, but i must to admit, compared to others MMOs, there's a lot of things that WoW could do better if the Blizzard find the cure for this "Easy Mode Complex" that they have, and stop thinking that the game is for 8 years old childrens...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ace1231337 View Post
    It's not about gear. It's how there is no incentive to learn the mechanics of your class and the game in general. If you can't practice before you reach cata dungeons, how will people learn to play? Of course someone will just say "HERP DERP HEROIX R HARD RIGHT?!?!" But seriously, there are too many incompetent people in dungeons these days.
    I agree. The difficulty should much higher from the get-go. Up the damage of especially bosses and hp, so you can't just faceroll everything autoattacking at lower levels. Would be better for everyone on the long run. And would make leveling alts more enjoyable.

Also, I like your Avatar!

Cata normals are just as easy as normals before them, just a mechanic or two extra on bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    I want to reiterate this point, because I think this is by far the most important reasoning behind these dungeons. When designing dungeons, Blizzard has 2 options. They can A. Make dungeons slowly increase in difficulty resulting in players learning their skills as they level in dungeons, or B. Make dungeons easy throughout the leveling process. While it SEEMS obvious that blizzard should choose A, there is a significant problem to that. No one will do dungeons if questing is faster. Now I don't obviously mean no one, but the fact of the matter is that blizzard has to choose one of 2 evils: they can either make dungeons not prepare you for content in the end game, or they can make dungeons a much less popular venue to level with.

Blizzard has clearly chosen the latter. While its easy to say now "Why don't they make it like option A!", the thing to realize is that if they did do it like option A, then we would now have people coming in saying "man there are so many scrubs in leveling dungeons, we can't even get maraudon down people can't avoid the princess' attacks!", much like we see all the time in threads for heroics. And blizzard seems to believe that such a thing is worse than not having people prepared for heroics.

Whether I agree or not, its important to realize that its not as clear cut as "make dungeons harder!". There is a significant cost to it, one that the developers have deemed not worth the benefits.
    I'm no gamedesigner, but I don't think it's impossible to come to some kind of balance. Maybe have the dungeon quests give a lot of XP, so the time invested in them is acceptable. Another option would be to have questing give slightly less XP, but I can see the problem with that. Overall, it shouldn't be impossible to make it a choice between convenience(questing) and slightly more XP (dungeons).

The "scrub"-thing is a larger community issue, but by slowly increasing the difficulty in lower level dungeons, this should be less of an issue. People will learn what they should and shouldn't do to come to a successful encounter. If dungeons are incredibly easy experienced players will be less inclined to teach others, because they see it as so easy it shouldn't need any explanation at all.
    Resurrected Holy Priest