Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Very true, and a very wise observation.
    Still, I think anonymous would be hard pressed to rally an army against NATO. Likely this letter was written by one egomaniac with a god complex.
    For all the sweeping assumptions and generalizations you've managed to make in your scant few posts, you still don't seem to be able to read or at the least comprehend the information given to you. Anonymous' goal is not a violent coup d'etat of the international government. They're not going to "war" with NATO, they're simply making adverse threats to their capabilities to keep people as blindly ignorant to the goings on as your common American citizen and actively attacking foreign governments who take extreme measures to keep their people in the dark. Anonymous can claim at least partial responsibility for the aid in liberty and revolution in a number of MENA states whereas you can only claim full responsibility for attempting to undermine a hacktivist collective that has demonstrated its ability to destroy a counter-hacker working in tandem with a multi-billion dollar corporation who surely could afford to buy the "best" counter hacker in the world. You fight against those that attempt to allow you to exercise the rights you were meant to have, those that try to keep your government by you and, more importantly, for you. Fighting against your own interests is fine; it's your right to be ignorant, but to criticize the amorphous entity that stands against the corruption and lies fed to you by spoon and force-fed to those of other countries is abominable and I don't envy your condition or respect the views you've been made to believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper View Post
    You do realise you're talking about some silly teenagers who watched The Matrix a few times too many, right? And not actual revolutionaries?
    I'm sure that description describes a great many people, yes.
    The kids who post "we are anonymous" (or even better, 'annonymous', as I've seen it) on their facebook wall, and such. Everyone knows who I'm talking about, too - we've all seen it, in one form or another.

Do you really think that describes everyone that uses the name Anonymous?
    Think long and hard about that one.

You at least have to admit, if someone really was a gifted individual, and they hid behind that stereotype, they would slip under the radar fairly well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I don't buy the 'patriotic cause' line, personally.
    People do the job because it pays well - there's nothing wrong with that, of course.
    It isn't done out of some glorious sense of duty, however. You'll never sell me on that one.
    Consider the following: Multiple times in the past, the military budget was delayed to a point where the military could no longer pay its members for days or weeks. What did the military do during this time? They kept working, for free. Why? Patriotism.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper View Post
    You do realise you're talking about some silly teenagers who watched The Matrix a few times too many, right? And not actual revolutionaries?
    There no more true revolutionnaries in the 21 century. Revolution is now a new way to reset a shitty system to give the illusion to the ''slaves'' that everything will be better, but in fact, nothing have really change anyways.

/me Point at North Africa and the Arab Spring.

---------- Post added 2011-06-14 at 06:14 AM ----------

Consider the following: Multiple times in the past, the military budget was delayed to a point where the military could no longer pay its members for days or weeks. What did the military do during this time? They kept working, for free. Why? Patriotism.
    Robots vs Robots......sound cool.
    Last edited by Zanardam; 2011-06-14 at 06:15 AM.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Yes I would, but that's not how anon works. They attack people, expose weaknesses and problems, then go out of their way to ruin the entire situation and hurt innocent people.
    As much as you say that, do you have an instance, or any proof, that what you say is true?

Quote Originally Posted by Smigglephor View Post
    For all the sweeping assumptions and generalizations you've managed to make in your scant few posts, you still don't seem to be able to read or at the least comprehend the information given to you. Anonymous' goal is not a violent coup d'etat of the international government. They're not going to "war" with NATO, they're simply making adverse threats to their capabilities to keep people as blindly ignorant to the goings on as your common American citizen and actively attacking foreign governments who take extreme measures to keep their people in the dark. Anonymous can claim at least partial responsibility for the aid in liberty and revolution in a number of MENA states whereas you can only claim full responsibility for attempting to undermine a hacktivist collective that has demonstrated its ability to destroy a counter-hacker working in tandem with a multi-billion dollar corporation who surely could afford to buy the "best" counter hacker in the world. You fight against those that attempt to allow you to exercise the rights you were meant to have, those that try to keep your government by you and, more importantly, for you. Fighting against your own interests is fine; it's your right to be ignorant, but to criticize the amorphous entity that stands against the corruption and lies fed to you by spoon and force-fed to those of other countries is abominable and I don't envy your condition or respect the views you've been made to believe.
    Hop off their genitals, they are corrupt too. They take their personal vendettas too far and affect people who have nothing to do with the problem.

You guys give people way too much credit. While I think the one guy had the most accurate statement that the Military probably hires some of the best people to counter-hack and whatnot for security reasons, which is probably true as they'd be retarded to not do this, I wouldn't assume that they're the best hackers in the world.

It doesn't always come down to money either. You think infinite supplies of money make people better. That's not necessarily true.

The best hackers in the world wouldn't get caught, logically at least. They could be regular average joes with the appropriate hardware. They could be a millionaire's children. You never know, but money doesn't play the end factor. It's just a nice incentive.

And on the final note, "The military has millions of men and women who believe that what they are doing is right." Just because anyone "thinks" they're doing something right, doesn't always mean they are.

TL;DR - The best hackers in the world, logically at least, wouldn't get caught. Otherwise they wouldn't be the best.

Deleted
    Yes I would, but that's not how anon works. They attack people, expose weaknesses and problems, then go out of their way to ruin the entire situation and hurt innocent people.
    Absolutely. People will claim that "oh, but they're unified! They have a vision! They're a collective who feel the same!". Well.... feel the same about what? Unified for, or against what? Truth, or justice (whatever those blanket terms mean, anyway...)?

The people involved in these projects are no doubt talented at their little hobbies, but it's ultimately aimless. Ask the average joe in the street if he's heard of Anonymous. He'll ask you "who?". Anonymous is nothing but an invisible poster boy for this particular decade's internet culture.

What a joke. Anonymous has no idea who its talking to, does it?
    They claim that they intend to take on an entity which, in a single day, spends more money than all of them combined will ever earn in their lifetimes?
    Sorry, anonymous, you guys aren't the best hackers in the world. Not even slightly close. The best hackers in the world work for the military, the guys you are talking shit to.
    Why? Because unlike anonymous, the military has a structured hierarchy that gives all of its members a comfortable salary. The military has millions of men and women who believe that what they are doing is right. Anonymous has a handful of people who think what they are doing is right, and a few thousand kids who occasionally follow you because they think hacking makes you cool.

Good luck in your war on the most powerful organization on Earth!
    Where do you think the US gets almost all of their hackers?

Why bother throwing them in jail when you can have them work for you?
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    As much as you say that, do you have an instance, or any proof, that what you say is true?
    Most recently, PSN? They took the law into their own hands when Sony went after GeoHotz and attacked Sony which took down PSN, harassed the employees of sony, and accessed the personal info of many many people.

Most of anon is a bunch of kids who think fighting the power will make them awesome and rebellious.
    Not only do you have no basis for thinking that, it's also a dreadfully ineffective way of trying to discredit someone(s) you have never met and would never know if you had. Vigilantism is viable response when the proposed protection against crime is being paid by the criminals to take away the ability of the victims to recognize, fight against, or speak against the criminals. If you want to put your faith in the proverbial coke-pit that is our government without a watch-dog to let you know when the coke-lords go a-shootin', be my guest. Watch a Mark Wahlberg movie. Vigilantism is cool. And it makes things randomly explode around you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see, and under which branch, and which MOC/MOS is 'counter hacking'?
    Oh, you mean these are jobs staffed by civilians, who don't actually belong to a uniformed service?

So your point is what, exactly?

(Also, I should point out that under such conditions, a member of the armed forces would still be required to serve, regardless of pay status, under penalty of law. That's not patriotism, that's pragmatism; huge difference.)
    Last edited by Atrea; 2011-06-14 at 06:23 AM.

Knew a guy in here who was part of a hacker group that got over 70k passwords etc. on various finnish websites. Now the guy works at F-secure. Think that's how the shit works, but to say that military has the best hackers in the world is in my opinion a bold statement. Yes, they might have one of the bests but logically the tip top best there is, is roaming free.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    He cant and NOBODIES CANT...because the ''Information'' on the internet and the all other media are half true, half false or fake,etc...and so all TRUES become a relative things. If you cant see it or experience it by yourself....it can be a lie or a subjective interpretation , but not a true :P

It is why the ''Opinions'' of the people become the ''trues'' around and its why humanity is fuck to go no where....

So, just write your own version of reality and just hope that eveyrbodies here on this very forum will buy it and dont argues about it. Welcome in da internet and the new reality.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

Quote Originally Posted by Smigglephor View Post
    Not only do you have no basis for thinking that, it's also a dreadfully ineffective way of trying to discredit someone(s) you have never met and would never know if you had. Vigilantism is viable response when the proposed protection against crime is being paid by the criminals to take away the ability of the victims to recognize, fight against, or speak against the criminals. If you want to put your faith in the proverbial coke-pit that is our government without a watch-dog to let you know when the coke-lords go a-shootin', be my guest. Watch a Mark Wahlberg movie. Vigilantism is cool. And it makes things randomly explode around you.
    Man, you college students are really learning to hate the government. Suck it up or leave the country. The government isn't bad, it isn't good but it isn't bad. It works without "vigilante hackers" doing what they think is right. Now they have the nerve to threaten an organization that protects lets see....the entire world? Okay, now tell me where the justice is in going after NATO? Because they have real power through respect and anon has power through making people fear them?

How is anonymous anything special... HEY GUYS IM PART OF ANONYMOUS. Its that easy. Does it make me special? no. Its a fake flag to wave around to try and put the blame on some group other than the people actually responsible for this shit. Its honestly a load of shit.

Anonymous = a bunch of cowards using anonymity as a cover for what they are doing. They may start with a good idea (like their recent post against the federal reserve) but then they take it way too far, again hiding under the guise of "anonymous"
    Last edited by masterprtzl; 2011-06-14 at 06:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're lucky we live in a world where NATO won't find and systematically torture and execute each and every one of them to make an example of them. Only in our world would an organization like Anonymous even try this. However, if they are as good as they boast to be and actually manage to make headway into NATO classified intelligence, I wouldn't be surprised if we started reading about a few known hackers turning up at the bottom of lakes.

Playing with fire anonymous.

There are people in these organizations already, whom when they clock out, go home, turn on their home pc and connect to their discreet IP become anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    We're lucky we live in a world where NATO won't find and systematically torture and execute each and every one of them to make an example of them. Only in our world would an organization like Anonymous even try this. However, if they are as good as they boast to be and actually manage to make headway into NATO classified intelligence, I wouldn't be surprised if we started reading about a few known hackers turning up at the bottom of lakes.

Playing with fire anonymous.
    This. So much. Anonymous is not as good as they think. They actually try to touch NATO and they are found and imprisoned. So good luck Anonymous! Go fight one of the only true goods in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    While you're right about the former, the latter is laughable.

Also, your bit about salaries being a motivator:
    How can you compare a group of individuals who do something for no monetary gain whatsoever, to a group who are only doing a job because they're paid for it?

You're comparing 'true believers' to 'hired goons', and you're picking the goons?
    There is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.
    The few people who have actually succeeded in hacking military installations don't get prison .. they get employed by the military. Why sit in a crappy box of house with no money when somebody is willing to pay you mega dollars to do what you have always done?

That and most of Anonymous' attacks come in form of DoS attacks where they just spam a server til its crashes by getting all the brainless kiddies that follow them to download software to enable them to co-ordinate large volumes of traffic to do so.