Warlock too much reliant on our pet?

Hi everyone,
    i was asking myself these days, why are we so much reliant on our pets? 20 25% of our damage.
    When i take a look to the hunter pet, i see it being far behind ours. And at least they do more or same damage as us ( more when their is aoe situation , when i play afflock, not demo).
    Isn't hunter the PET spec? aren't demons juste a tool for us? to make US more strong? ( with demon soul and other stuff, not their damage).

Think about it, the warlock damage is nerfed to take account of his pet damage so he does less damage than a mage itself, and a shadow priest...etc.
    So, this result for us never having Power infusion, because it's more effective on a shadow priest , even if i do much dps than him overall.
    And now i think of the new legendary staff that is gonna duplicate our spells. But those spells are not as strong as a mage spell, or another caster spell. We have the weakest spells because we have a pet. So we're the worst classe for the legendary staff, even if it is BIS for us.

I miss the time when soul fire was the strongest spell in the game, now it's a joke ( even shadow bolt is stronger) , 4s spell cast like pyroblast and it does it half damage.
    I prefer seeing shadow bolt or soul fire doing 40k damage crit unbuff than the felhunt shadow bite.... even the felhunt has stronger spell than us
    I miss sacrifice, back in BC with sacrifice we did't have pet, it just buffs us.
    Ok the gameplay was poor. And Now it's better.

So what do you guys think? am i just crazy to think that we took the hunter place for this expension?
    Last edited by kornoth; 2011-06-14 at 01:53 PM.

We are the Huntards of the spell casting community.

The damage potential of affliction is very high, especially in double target situations. And eventhough keeping up two targets in a raid situation requires lots of skill, If our dots would hit harder that damage increase would basically double in a multi target situation for a skilled player, hence the nerf on soulswap and the high pet damage (pet is single target). This will tone down the affliction lock damage in multi target situations.

Personally I find the current state of affliction troublesome because of this, especially from PVP point of view. There our damage is very low because there is just no way you can hardcast shadowbolt, haunt and UA to fully use your potential. In PVP you have to rely on your instacast abilities and your pet. Harder hitting dots are really required in this environment, its just laughable to see a warrior with a flint of hp left walking off with corruption, agony and UA and not die.

From a design perspective it will be hard to find a solution for this problem that will be balanced in PVP and PVE and will be fun to play and with not so high skillcap. All in all, yes our pet damage is too high but I don't think a solution is around the corner.