Poll: Do you think Dragonwrath could be useful as a AA specced Disc priest?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Call it blasphemy or what not. If anyone gets the staff in the name of shadow. Try something fun, like spec Holy 31 with AA. It's great that there's no mastery on the staff (useless stats for Holy AA), and the insane amount of hits let us spec out of Twisted Faith to get AA. Coupled with 4 piece T11 (540 spirit in Chakra state), well...Smite away

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

15+ Year Old Account
    It will be BiS for the stats, of course.

As for the proc... no. It is a 4% chance to proc and only on offensive spells and the copied spell won't heal either. That's just dumb. It's a nice bonus but Disc/Holy are not viable DPS specs (Disc is around ~50% of a normal DPS spec and Holy is even worse), and since the copied spells don't heal, there is no point at all (besides PvP).

And I'm not exactly sure how it is more fun to use a Holy spell vs a Shadow spell to DPS... especially when Shadow deals around twice as much DPS.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-06-15 at 04:16 PM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It is a 4% chance to proc
    :O

Link please to any sort of source!

I'll most likely end up using mine for healing, for no other reason than I very much doubt I will have a better weapon for it since Discipline is my offspec. Also, considering the damage proc from the Staff is Arcane damage, and a separate effect than Holy Fire or Smite, I doubt it would proc any Atonement heals.

As for the proc... no. It is a 4% chance to proc and only on offensive spells and the copied spell won't heal either.
    Really? I thought they mentioned it having a different proc rate depending on class, I know that apparently Warlocks will have a higher chance to proc it since they do a lot of their damage with their pets and the pet damage can't proc the effect.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

They said specifically the proc rate will be different for classes that derive a large amount of their damage from pets. But that appears to be the only way the proc would change. So like a Boomkin and a spriest would have the same proc chance but a boomkin and a warlock won't.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...arecgosas-rest