Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    I could be wrong but WoW has servers all over the world in various different locations, they would have to hit each server location individually, i'm not sure. They might just be able to hit the place where the website is hosted, that might cause issues.
    There are the servers that the realms are on, and there there are login servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I wish they've target the big boys in the industry, or are they not cool enough?

I hope they do Xbox Live so the PS3 users can laugh at them.
    I hope not, I have every single system and I play on both =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezz View Post
    DDOS is the oldest and most simple way to take down a page/service.

If you don't have the means to handle it, you shouldn't be on the interbutts.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYES.

Get your heads out of your asses and protect yourself properly. In an age of guns these websites are wrapping themselves in cardboard.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    I've said it thousands of times. LulzSec has pure intentions!

Companies! Learn to protect your shit!
    Pure intentions of giving us a headace in the crossfire am I right?

I just wanna play my game lol

10+ Year Old Account

Regardless of their intentions, they're doing it the wrong way and fucking over the public. For that, Fuck LuLzSec and their bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Are these the same kind of pure intentions you see in movies where they want to destroy the whole world to start over again?

Never saw an issue with the minecraft servers... (I've been on and off it all day)

I wish they've target the big boys in the industry, or are they not cool enough?

Taking down Sony wasn't a big boy? O.o Fox News aswell, another large multi-billion dollar company.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

No, you're just a fanboy. If they had "pure intentions", they would have gone about exposing these vulnerabilities in a way that didn't take down login servers for games or compromise user data (even if they supposedly keep it to themselves). They're a bunch of asshats having fun, and rationalizing their fun by saying it's for a good cause.

White hat hackers, they are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Are these the same kind of pure intentions you see in movies where they want to destroy the whole world to start over again?
    Yes.

The end justifies the means, right? LulzSec will continue to punish companies and corporations that don't take the internet seriously. Anon was just the beginning of a simplehack revolution, and LulzSec doesn't want the internet to become a (bigger) cesspool of hacked info and ruined lives.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    to be specific, a DDoS attack is essentially just contacting the server in question *a lot*.
    it is essentially useless if your target can handle the amount of traffic you generate (but if it cannot because let's be honest, who has a 200,000 USD I/O server?) but if they can't it is quite simply out of reach until the attacker stops the attack.

a DDoS attack does nothing to prove the security of a company when it comes to accessing data, it is just disrupting businesses. how'd you like it if you couldn't call 911 because someone was flooding all the lines? an extreme case but this isn't as black and white as some would like to put it, even tho I have no idea what their real intention is, so... go them?
    Last edited by mmoc63f6c1cc20; 2011-06-14 at 06:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    YESYESYESYESYESYESYES.

Get your heads out of your asses and protect yourself properly. In an age of guns these websites are wrapping themselves in cardboard.
    indie company like minecraft though, really?

sure, some people are probably mad at how successful it has been, but it's not like he's screwed over his customers while doing so...
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

LOL I hope they do too. I'm going to laugh for a long time if they do.

Coudn't they just show them that their servers can be hacked by [Insert way here]? By show I mean just tell them. No need to go around dicking when people just want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    and people in another thread (about anonymous to be fair) said that the hackers weren't "aiming at regular folks"?

as soon as they affect you/something you frequent you'll be less of a fan of them (not a direct comment at any specific person)

gotta lova (sarc/) people that do this kind of thing just to show how great they are, give it a couple month and people will be like lolwho?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

The end justifies the means, right? LulzSec will continue to punish companies and corporations that don't take the internet seriously. Anon was just the beginning of a simplehack revolution, and LulzSec doesn't want the internet to become a (bigger) cesspool of hacked info and ruined lives.
    Oh yeah right, these are just a bunch of dicks fucking around with people because they can. Security wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for idiots like these.

And who suffers in the end? We do. Increased downtimes, higher costs, higher security measures for regular companies. this is the kind of crap that keeps DRM alive.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

If you don't have the means to handle it, you shouldn't be on the interbutts.
    DDOS is still a major issue. The main problem with it is that often enough you can't tell if it is a surge of legitimate consumers or an attempt to over-load the servers. While I've no idea about your DDOS knowledge or prevention of, I doubt you'll have more knowledge then multi-billion pound corporations which spend millions a year preventing these as often as possible.

My problem with lulzsec is just that they're not really doing it to prove a point. Anonymous do it to take down companies that've gone to far, or to ruin pedophile rings etc... these guys are just doing it for the sake of it, and they're not really hurting the companies.

Wow, what cool kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    No, you're just a fanboy. If they had "pure intentions", they would have gone about exposing these vulnerabilities in a way that didn't take down login servers for games or compromise user data (even if they supposedly keep it to themselves). They're a bunch of asshats having fun, and rationalizing their fun by saying it's for a good cause.

White hat hackers, they are not.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13712377. only one example, but it means not everything they've done is bad
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Oh yeah right, these are just a bunch of dicks fucking around with people because they can. Security wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for idiots like these.

And who suffers in the end? We do. Increased downtimes, higher costs, higher security measures for regular companies. this is the kind of crap that keeps DRM alive.
    But they have pure intentions, they are the salvation of the internet!
    /sarcasim