Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    indie company like minecraft though, really?

sure, some people are probably mad at how successful it has been, but it's not like he's screwed over his customers while doing so...

exactly, sure anything ea/ activision go for it but minceraft and eve online? 0o it's like picking on the weakest kid in the playground :P

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    Yes.

The end justifies the means, right? LulzSec will continue to punish companies and corporations that don't take the internet seriously. Anon was just the beginning of a simplehack revolution, and LulzSec doesn't want the internet to become a (bigger) cesspool of hacked info and ruined lives.
    That still doesn't make it alright for me to break into someones house change all the locks and board up the windows and when they get home they have a note reading "lol buy an alarm system have fun getting in." Yeah pure intentions...I would just be a dick for the sake of being a dick.

only one example, but it means not everything they've done is bad
    What about the 26,000 emails and passwords they released and told people to log onto facebook with those?

1 good thing does make up for all that they've done.

Deleted
    I've said it thousands of times. LulzSec has pure intentions!

Companies! Learn to protect your shit!
    Just because you can rob a bank, doesnt mean you should do it.

And well i doubt LulzSec has pure intentions, since there is nothing pure in hacking. Furthermore fuckin about with the public is neither pure.
    And someone who actually lets people randomly call in for sites to hack, well i really cannot find anything pure in that aswell.

Get a job, grow hairs on the **** and stop letting your parents support your pimpleface... and take a shower please. We can even smell you from here.

And tbh, they will never attack wow, cause that would blow their so called reputation to fuck so yeah.

Recently, LulzSec told the NHS (Health Service in the UK) that they had a security vulnerability, rather then hacking them. This is the sort of thing I think is where they should be focused. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13712377

But to attack game companies just because people asked, is immature and pathetic at best. I run a company network and attacks like this annoy me like hell!

Deleted
    Its getting rather annoying now tbh. I was sitting there happily mining.

I'm hoping they go after some big company with a big stick. Say Blizzard or Microsoft; companies who aren't afraid of fighting back. A 600M suit would put an end to this nonsense.

It's retarded kids like this that make stricter government control of the internet look like a good idea.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

how can you even call it hacking; it's just distruption. If they go in and take information or change something to an already made structure, I'll find their "hacking" to have at least some merit and benefit, showing the company they are vulnerable.

DDOS attacks aren't showing they are vulnerable, just that they can spam them to hell and cause issues. It's a traffic jam, not infiltration.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornar View Post
    DDOS is still a major issue. The main problem with it is that often enough you can't tell if it is a surge of legitimate consumers or an attempt to over-load the servers. While I've no idea about your DDOS knowledge or prevention of, I doubt you'll have more knowledge then multi-billion pound corporations which spend millions a year preventing these as often as possible.

My problem with lulzsec is just that they're not really doing it to prove a point. Anonymous do it to take down companies that've gone to far, or to ruin pedophile rings etc... these guys are just doing it for the sake of it, and they're not really hurting the companies.
    Your right they don't hurt the big companies. But man those big companies tend to have shareholders and those shareholders don't like any type of cash flow issues. There's an old saying..."Let the sleeping dog lay". Whatever this guys intentions are he may have pissed off the wrong people. "When" he gets caught, and he will, they're gonna drop a ton a bricks on him. Friend or foe of these big companys, they have friends in high places he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    It's retarded kids like this that make stricter government control of the internet look like a good idea.
    Stricter government control wouldn't even affect these people.

Yes.

The end justifies the means, right? LulzSec will continue to punish companies and corporations that don't take the internet seriously. Anon was just the beginning of a simplehack revolution, and LulzSec doesn't want the internet to become a (bigger) cesspool of hacked info and ruined lives.
    Remember when Pakistan advertised the routes for youtube and took it down for some period of time for the majority of the world before people who had a clue and validated route announcements got it sorted? (google bgp pakistan youtube) What these groups do is nothing difficult and when expanded slightly could have similar consequences to that relatively non-hostile action. It looks like fun and games when "the man" is being affected, but what happens when this group schisms, attacks each others' infrastructure, and causes major outages to you and I as part of the process?

Pushing companies with bad security may expose some flaws, but criminally disrupting business is unacceptable. Lack of respect for the rule of law and due process will have further-reaching consequences than these script-kiddies and amateur social engineers are currently considering. One day, there will be consequences. I'm not talking about putting small fry in jail, I'm talking about serious regulations that watch and stifle communications traffic. No one wants that. These groups are working against their own long term interests.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by blackangel209 View Post
    Stricter government control wouldn't even affect these people.
    Yes, yes it could. The Internet has, up to now, stayed almost completely independently viable and has a vocal, extremely technical, and information-libertarian group watching and running its backbone. If that group is affected and motivated to the point where operational issues that affect the fabric arise because of people like LulzSec and Anonymous, the minds behind the internet could drop an unbelievable hammer.
    Last edited by camphor; 2011-06-14 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    too bad these 18 year old bottom dwellers in their parent's basements cant even touch places like google with their spam.

if they even tried google would chuckle, laugh, and ask who tried to tickle them?

YESYESYESYESYESYESYES.

Get your heads out of your asses and protect yourself properly. In an age of guns these websites are wrapping themselves in cardboard.
    if you think DDOS attacks reveal a security problem, you misunderstand security. This is service issue, not a security issue.

---------- Post added 2011-06-14 at 02:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    That still doesn't make it alright for me to break into someones house change all the locks and board up the windows and when they get home they have a note reading "lol buy an alarm system have fun getting in." Yeah pure intentions...I would just be a dick for the sake of being a dick.
    And in case all they've done is packed a crowd on your lawn so you can't get in your door. They haven't broken into anything, just caused a nuisance.

Deleted
    I was wondering why the Eve Online server suddenly went down, how annoying.

Deleted
    Would i support hackers that show companies where they can be attacked without harm done?
    Sure

Would i support "Hackers" that for the "Lulz" spamm Login server till they are unable to respond and thus damaging companies, even small ones?
    Hell no!

The attacks on the Minecraft and the Eve online Severs serve no purpose exept being annoying.
    Its a real shame that people need to do something this idiotic to feel good about ther accomplishments.

Yes.

I don't want to live in your world. The means are just as important as the ends. I can bring about world peace, but it means living in a tyrannical dictatorship, think all those distopic futures you read about/see in movies.

And they're now greater than all these groups, and render their judgment on the world? Punishment? Really?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13712377. only one example, but it means not everything they've done is bad
    I never claimed everything they've done is bad. I know groups affiliated with Anon in one way or another have done some great things (gotten child abusers/animal abusers/pedophiles ect. arrested) and I applaud them for that. But I can not agree with the method that these guys are going about in order to prove their "point".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I don't want to live in your world. The means are just as important as the ends. I can bring about world peace, but it means living in a tyrannical dictatorship, think all those distopic futures you read about/see in movies.

And they're now greater than all these groups, and render their judgment on the world? Punishment? Really?
    Never Forget, Hitler also only wanted Wold peace(in a sense) and a better world for all Airan. Thats why he did all that horrible stuff.
    So in palpableimmunity´s world he would be cool, right?

PS:
    Disclaimer:
    By no means do i support nor glorify the horrors Hitler did, its just an extreme example to show immense idiocy and ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukaa View Post
    Never Forget, Hitler also only wanted Wold peace(in a sense) and a better world for all Aryan. Thats why he did all that horrible stuff.
    So in palpableimmunity´s world he would be cool, right?

PS:
    Disclaimer:
    By no means do i support nor glorify the horrors Hitler did, its just an extreme example to show immense idiocy and ignorance.

Seems to be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukaa View Post
    Never Forget, Hitler also only wanted Wold peace(in a sense) and a better world for all Airan. Thats why he did all that horrible stuff.
    Hitler quite simply believed the aryan race to be superior, you forget that the jews themselves were considered a problem by Europe in large, just like the roma are today. not saying they were or weren't, just saying they weren't picked on at random.