Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ...
29
37
38
39
  1. #761
    High Overlord Dontdotmeiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Over there in Calgary
    Posts
    138
    @Davisdoesdallas Most hackers can easily pirate internet connections. lulzsec said themselves they do it to expose faults in security systems. Although i admit their methods are a little unorthodox.

  2. #762
    I'm going to go ahead and say that what Lulzsec is doing, will ultimately only favor the world as we see it.

    Why? Let's start from the top.

    I'm fairly sure that a lot of young internet active people are intrigued by the concepts of hacking already. And as always happens when someone or something appears as a paragon for a specific area, the current activity of Lulzsec will surely cause a lot of people to look into hacking, as it seems to be a pretty fun and exciting thing to do.

    A lot of these young wannabe-hackers will never get to where they want, and either give up or do something so stupid that they get caught red handed. But some, a small click, might actually learn enough to become competent hackers.

    This will, in turn, mean that the internet security highway opens up, as new targets - untagged targets - are always goals to be reached for any hacker on the rise.

    Why is this a good thing? Any hacking made agains't a website, causes that website to seriously overlook their own security. Because spending a sizeable part of the budget on extra internet security is far cheaper than a huge-ass lawsuit-

    Is Lulzsec doing good things? Not directly, no. But imagine the results of what happens. Yeah, the DDoS attacks are harmless, but they HAVE actually hacked and obtained information from quite a lot of websites (Bethesha Game Studious, British NHS, Nintendo, Mediafire, InfraGard etc) - don't you think that most of those websites and their affiliations will overlook their security and, ultimately, make them much more secure for it's users?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  3. #763
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I wish they've target the big boys in the industry, or are they not cool enough?

    I hope they do Xbox Live so the PS3 users can laugh at them.
    Nah,Bill Gates leads them...

    ontopic and seriously now,I'd be curious to see how they fare against Blizzard,which i myself see as the best company in the gaming industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Why would it be wrong to kill a human being?
    Quote Originally Posted by fanjodaman View Post
    You have a tiny brain. There's you're insult.
    Pateu's postulate: '' As an online discussion about RPGs or sci fi grows longer, the probability of a comparison or bashing involving Mass Effect 3 approaches 1. ''

  4. #764
    The Hedgehog Elementium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MA, USA.
    Posts
    12,765
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Nah,Bill Gates leads them...

    ontopic and seriously now,I'd be curious to see how they fare against Blizzard,which i myself see as the best company in the gaming industry.
    I wonder if Bill Gates knows anything about hacking.. Would be interesting too see him bring Lulsec down and leave a message like "Nubs, I've been doin this shit 4 yearz. Don't screw with B-Gatez."

  5. #765
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    I wonder if Bill Gates knows anything about hacking.. Would be interesting too see him bring Lulsec down and leave a message like "Nubs, I've been doin this shit 4 yearz. Don't screw with B-Gatez."
    i wouldn't be surprised if Gates could crack some major stuff lol. He might be a bit rusty and need to catch up a bit but i would say he could be quite potent if he turned hactivist (especially with the resources at his disposal). he could be like the V of the internet lol.

  6. #766
    Banned Doirdyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    i wouldn't be surprised if Gates could crack some major stuff lol. He might be a bit rusty and need to catch up a bit but i would say he could be quite potent if he turned hactivist (especially with the resources at his disposal). he could be like the V of the internet lol.
    Why bother though, he's busy riding a yacht in his backyard pool with his billions of dollars

  7. #767
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontdotmeiv View Post
    @Davisdoesdallas Most hackers can easily pirate internet connections. lulzsec said themselves they do it to expose faults in security systems. Although i admit their methods are a little unorthodox.
    To be honest, I want to be a Lulzsec fanboy and I sort of am. I'm 50/50 on the whole matter. While they ARE helping security get tightened up for a lot of sites by showing the faults, they're causing way too much trouble. If they simply wanted to do that, they'd just give the information back to the people that own the sites (as proof they've hacked that site) and not put it out to the public. Instead, they're bringing down sites, giving out important information, and causing a lot of unnecessary trouble. I'll admit, it's pretty lulzy seeing all the commotion they're starting, but they're going to get way over their heads and something bad is going to happen.

    They'll either get caught and have a miserable life ahead of them, or they're going to release something that really shouldn't be released and will cause some really nasty trouble for our government. I'm just waiting to see how this all ends tbh. Eventually they'll get bored and stop doing it, or will get way too close for comfort about being caught and give up. In the end, I really don't care. As long as they leave WoW alone it's none of my concern. I'm just here to enjoy the show like a lot of other people.

  8. #768
    Banned Doirdyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    To be honest, I want to be a Lulzsec fanboy and I sort of am. I'm 50/50 on the whole matter. While they ARE helping security get tightened up for a lot of sites by showing the faults, they're causing way too much trouble. If they simply wanted to do that, they'd just give the information back to the people that own the sites (as proof they've hacked that site) and not put it out to the public. Instead, they're bringing down sites, giving out important information, and causing a lot of unnecessary trouble. I'll admit, it's pretty lulzy seeing all the commotion they're starting, but they're going to get way over their heads and something bad is going to happen.

    They'll either get caught and have a miserable life ahead of them, or they're going to release something that really shouldn't be released and will cause some really nasty trouble for our government. I'm just waiting to see how this all ends tbh. Eventually they'll get bored and stop doing it, or will get way too close for comfort about being caught and give up. In the end, I really don't care. As long as they leave WoW alone it's none of my concern. I'm just here to enjoy the show like a lot of other people.
    They've already been discovered, it's all legalities at this point to get them arrested.

  9. #769
    Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    They've already been discovered, it's all legalities at this point to get them arrested.
    When will people learn to link reliable sources? From what I can see they pretty much disbanded their group -


    Again, behind the mask, behind the insanity and mayhem, we truly believe in the AntiSec movement. We believe in it so strongly that we brought it back, much to the dismay of those looking for more anarchic lulz. We hope, wish, even beg, that the movement manifests itself into a revolution that can continue on without us. The support we've gathered for it in such a short space of time is truly overwhelming, and not to mention humbling. Please don't stop. Together, united, we can stomp down our common oppressors and imbue ourselves with the power and freedom we deserve.

    So with those last thoughts, it's time to say bon voyage. Our planned 50 day cruise has expired, and we must now sail into the distance, leaving behind - we hope - inspiration, fear, denial, happiness, approval, disapproval, mockery, embarrassment, thoughtfulness, jealousy, hate, even love. If anything, we hope we had a microscopic impact on someone, somewhere. Anywhere.

  10. #770
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    When will people learn to link reliable sources? From what I can see they pretty much disbanded their group -
    Their group hasn't disbanded. It's just stopped being called "Lulzsec" while they go into hiding, trying to figure out what they can actually do, which isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

    AntiSec coming out of the movement was nothing more than a lambasted attempt at "Oh shit, we're caught" and trying to make everyone else a target for Alphabet Soup to start tracking, while they can slip back into Anonymous before the wonderful party-van shows up at their house.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  11. #771
    I quite enjoy the stories I read about what they do, it reminds me of Ghost in the Shell! To all the people writing that they are pimple faced teens that live in their parents basement keep in mind with the I.T skills they possess they could walk into any I.T job and make more money than you do.

  12. #772
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    Not going to lie I did lol when I saw this on twitter

    (44 minutes ago) from lulzsec twitter:
    We just wiped out the login server for Eve Online, and it accidentally took their website out at the same time:

    (24 minutes ago) from EvEonline's twitter:
    EVE Online and related services are currently offline, to return ASAP after investigation of some issues
    so what happens if they manage to hack Pentagon security network and then twit about it? :P that's gonna be one hell of a twit.

    (5 minutes ago) from lulzsec twitter:
    We just wiped out the entire Pentagon security network, and it accidentally fired all the armed nuclear missles...well, s**t happens:

  13. #773
    Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    I quite enjoy the stories I read about what they do, it reminds me of Ghost in the Shell! To all the people writing that they are pimple faced teens that live in their parents basement keep in mind with the I.T skills they possess they could walk into any I.T job and make more money than you do.
    I'm pretty sure I can teach my little brother how to DDoS in a half hour, and he's twelve. SQLinjections would probably take him the better part of the day, but they aren't talented, they have no "IT skills"

    They're effectively punching a disabled kid in the face, and saying that they can win fights. I'm sorry, but really, it's embarassing.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  14. #774
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    so what happens if they manage to hack Pentagon security network and then twit about it? :P that's gonna be one hell of a twit.

    (5 minutes ago) from lulzsec twitter:
    We just wiped out the entire Pentagon security network, and it accidentally fired all the armed nuclear missles...well, s**t happens:
    They're hacking into websites, they likely won't ever hack into an actual secure system. You can't fire nuclear missiles from a website, trust me.

    They are putting people's lives at risk now though, giving out personal information that could harm police officers. Good luck avoiding being treated as war criminals now, buddies.

  15. #775
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    so what happens if they manage to hack Pentagon security network and then twit about it? :P that's gonna be one hell of a twit.

    (5 minutes ago) from lulzsec twitter:
    We just wiped out the entire Pentagon security network, and it accidentally fired all the armed nuclear missles...well, s**t happens:
    It'd never happen. Not from these guys.

    Actually, even from people with actual talent, isn't this the reason the systems themselves are still fully manual, 100% offline?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  16. #776
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    Because people called in and told them too.
    who is so sick and twisted as to attack minecraft?

  17. #777
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I'm pretty sure I can teach my little brother how to DDoS in a half hour, and he's twelve. SQLinjections would probably take him the better part of the day, but they aren't talented, they have no "IT skills"

    They're effectively punching a disabled kid in the face, and saying that they can win fights. I'm sorry, but really, it's embarassing.

    it was supposed to be a joke :P... I know websites are not connected with internal networks.

  18. #778
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombikilla View Post
    who is so sick and twisted as to attack minecraft?
    Haters, obviously.

    ---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 01:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    it was supposed to be a joke :P... I know websites are not connected with internal networks.
    Actually, I'm curious whether they're even networked at all. I mean, wasn't that the reason everything has to be offline entirely, and still manned by real people?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  19. #779
    Banned Doirdyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Haters, obviously.

    ---------- Post added 2011-06-26 at 01:35 PM ----------

    Actually, I'm curious whether they're even networked at all. I mean, wasn't that the reason everything has to be offline entirely, and still manned by real people?
    Private networks most likely

  20. #780
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,214
    I still don't see why these lifeless morons like to do this kind of stuff, they only piss of alot of people.
    Hope they get caught.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •