Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Razor DeathAdder Black Edition

The Razor DeathAdder Black Edition mouse finally arrived in the mail today. I opened it and proceeded to install the mouse and driver software. The problem I'm having is I still cannot get the mouse to work properly. It won't move or sometimes will move only slightly then stop.

I couldn't figure out the problem and thought I'd ask here if anyone had helpful information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the drivers off of the official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Get the drivers off of the official website.
    I already did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LolomgBBtheQ View Post
    I already did that.
    Change which USB port it's in.

Change which USB port it's in.
    I've done that as well as tried the usb3 ports.

Buy a Razer Naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    Buy a Razer Naga.
    Don't post if you're not going to be constructive.

Check to make sure you have the proper drivers for your OS. IE you could have 64 bit in 32 bit.
    It could be faulty hardware as well, and check to make sure the laser is unobstructed.

Also, are any of your other usb interface devices working?

Dumb question, but why are you posting here? Go to their official site/forums for help from the people who, you know, make the stuff. Or if they lack a forum, calling tech support will get you more answers than you'll find here probably...

Otherwise, did you try restarting your computer (dumb but obvious)? Sometimes you'll need to restart it to get stuff working...

Mod Edit: Because this is the computer forums. If people always go to the official forums of the manufacturer, we wouldn't have much posts.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-06-14 at 10:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post
    Dumb question, but why are you posting here? Go to their official site/forums for help from the people who, you know, make the stuff. Or if they lack a forum, calling tech support will get you more answers than you'll find here probably...

Otherwise, did you try restarting your computer (dumb but obvious)? Sometimes you'll need to restart it to get stuff working...
    He's asking it here because we have a competent community who can assist him. Don't ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    Buy a Razer Naga.
    I had one before and the side buttons stuck, so I returned it and bought a Wii.
    Last edited by LolomgBBtheQ; 2011-06-14 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had one before and the side buttons stuck so I returned it and bought a Wii.
    I've never had any problems with Razer products, so I tend to believe it's a PEBCAK. (Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard.)

Don't post if you're not going to be constructive.

Check to make sure you have the proper drivers for your OS. IE you could have 64 bit in 32 bit.
    It could be faulty hardware as well, and check to make sure the laser is unobstructed.

Also, are any of your other usb interface devices working?
    The other usb devices I have tried work. I updated the driver and firmware of the mouse and no luck. It sometimes moves when I lift the mouse up some off of a flat surface. I thought it may be my mouse pad causing issues, but I doubt that. I don't know if the higher dpi or polling might be causing an issue. I have it currently set to 3500dpi and 100mhz polling.

10+ Year Old Account
    The other usb devices I have tried work. I updated the driver and firmware of the mouse and no luck. It sometimes moves when I lift the mouse up some off of a flat surface. I thought it may be my mouse pad causing issues, but I doubt that. I don't know if the higher dpi or polling might be causing an issue. I have it currently set to 3500dpi and 100mhz polling.
    Try a different mouse pad? Or no mouse pad...

Quote Originally Posted by Shinryu View Post

I've restarted my computer multiple times. One time though something preculiar happened which I cannot explain. It seemed like the graphics got screwed up. The resolution was changed and had random lines going across the screen etc. I wish I took a screenshot of it, but that was after I plugged in the mouse and restarted my computer for the first time.

In addition, posting on main sites I rarely seem to get responses like off of nVidia's forums about my gtx 460 fps issues with World of Warcraft. There's a computer forum here on MMO-Champion with people who actually reply and try to help.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds to me like you're using it on a none compatible surface that is causing the laser to defract (or whatever) badly, try a mouse ma,t or a different one, turn it upside down, try a magazine a newspaper etc

Try a different mouse pad? Or no mouse pad...
    Sorry, I meant 1000 mhz polling (not 100). I tried other mouse pads and hard surfaces, but it doesn't help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the graphical issue is related.

Deleted
    razor ? rly ?

Mod Warning: No brand-bashing here. Next time will be an infraction.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-06-14 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    sounds to me like you're using it on a none compatible surface that is causing the laser to defract (or whatever) badly, try a mouse ma,t or a different one, turn it upside down, try a magazine a newspaper etc
    Either this or old drivers clashing with new ones, make sure you uninstall any previous drivers used for mice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carliuz View Post
    razor ? rly ?
    What's with the objection?

I've been using a DeathAdder, Arctosa & Destructor for about a year now, not one single issue with any of the 3.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥