Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I tried plugging it into a laptop, but it the mouse cursor wouldn't even move.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobty View Post
    Yep sounds like the tracking engine within the mouse is broken.

---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 12:08 AM ----------

You should never need a firmware update to get a usb mouse to communicate with windows.
    However some drivers only work with some firmware versions.

Yep sounds like the tracking engine within the mouse is broken.

---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 12:08 AM ----------

You should never need a firmware update to get a usb mouse to communicate with windows.
    Well it was 'moving' a little when I picked up the mouse slightly. I just thought I may need to update that as well. Now I need to contact Razor I suppose while I get to enjoy using my old mouse and it's issues.

with specs like that and all the ways u have installed and uninstalled drivers. rebooted, tried different surfaces and just about everything. the only thing left to really do is try it on another computer or laptop. at this point it sounds like a faulty mouse. razor from i used and friends have used they have good hardware but there is no way everything they make can be perfect all the time. only thing left to do is try another cpu just to prove its broken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LolomgBBtheQ View Post
    Well it was 'moving' a little when I picked up the mouse slightly. I just thought I may need to update that as well. Now I need to contact Razor I suppose while I get to enjoy using my old mouse and it's issues.
    I would probably just go for a straight RMA with the supplier when possible. Depends on where you are from, in the UK at least the major retailers have a very good turnaround on faulty hardware.

---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 12:15 AM ----------

I tried plugging it into a laptop, but it the mouse cursor wouldn't even move.
    Demonstrates there is nothing funny going on with your drivers or USB controller. Worth noting when seeking a replacement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    What's with the objection?

I've been using a DeathAdder, Arctosa & Destructor for about a year now, not one single issue with any of the 3.
    i believe he was being a jerk due to the fact its razer and not razor..a jerk nonetheless..apparently he thinks grammer is srs bidness

The riptide is free..but the GWH? Thats gonna cost you..

10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably just go for a straight RMA with the supplier when possible. Depends on where you are from, in the UK at least the major retailers have a very good turnaround on faulty hardware.
    Indeed, infact most retailers in the UK will straight out swap it for you there and then.

---------- Post added 2011-06-15 at 12:15 AM ----------

Demonstrates there is nothing funny going on with your drivers or USB controller. Worth noting when seeking a replacement.
    I live in Florida, so it took about a week with the faster UPS 5 business day shipping (ordered online from Razer's website). So plugging it into the laptop proves it's faulty and I should just request an RMA?

---------- Post added 2011-06-14 at 11:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shockerxl View Post
    i believe he was being a jerk due to the fact its razer and not razor..a jerk nonetheless..apparently he thinks grammer is srs bidness
    I just noticed I spelled it wrong. I've had razors on my mind because I need new blades for my Gillette Fusion. :P
    Last edited by LolomgBBtheQ; 2011-06-14 at 11:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OT ...i love razer mice but i had gotten a mamba for xmas last year and only recently it went buggy on me and wouldnt work anymore. Was in the middle of playing when it jumped to the top pf the screen and would only go side to side..i plugged it in and out checked drivers restarted and all that jazz but after that it wouldnt move at all anymore. Buttons worked fine, just the cursor wouldnt...120 bucks down the drain as idk where my reciept is as it was a gift...nonetheless i still have faith in razer products and plan on getting a naga sometime soon. wish i could be more help op but alas i cant fix mine let alone yours...wish you luck

The riptide is free..but the GWH? Thats gonna cost you..

Deleted
    I live in Florida, so it took about a week with the faster UPS 5 business day shipping (ordered online from Razor's website). So plugging it into the laptop proves it's faulty and I should just request an RMA?
    Pretty much. An end user should not under any circumstances be required to update firmware in order to get hardware working in it's most basic form.

You can go to them and say:
    Was faulty without razer drivers installed, installing them made no difference
    using a different USB port made no difference
    using a different mouse mat made no difference
    using a different computer made no difference

At this point it is pretty hard for either the suppliers or Razer themselves to argue that your mouse is not faulty

Good luck with the replacement. It is a very good mouse provided you get one that works properly. Mine worked fine on XP 32bit and windows 7 64 bit without messing about with the firmware. Been using it extensively for the past 3 years without a single issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's just not working, I'd say you're down to getting a replacement. I too am in Florida, and bought the Naga and have had no problems with the tracker. Probably something got screwed up inside along the trip,
    Sig by Soko, keep being amazing!

Thank you everyone for the help. I'll go to their site and find out what I have to do to get a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    He's asking it here because we have a competent community who can assist him. Don't ridicule.
    1. Who dies and made you forum god? who are you to tell people how to talk ? personally i live in america, your welcome to visit and enjoy our freedom of speech anytime you're ready to climb out from under your communist rock.

2. Forums are famous for "constructive critizism". and what has been posted has been nothing more that just this.

3. I agree with the guy your attemping to mother, he should be asking these questions on the razor forums if he wants to be taken serious.

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-06-15 at 10:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thuunda View Post
    1. Who dies and made you forum god? who are you to tell people how to talk ? personally i live in america, your welcome to visit and enjoy our freedom of speech anytime you're ready to climb out from under your communist rock.

2. Forums are famous for "constructive critizism". and what has been posted has been nothing more that just this.

3. I agree with the guy your attemping to mother, he should be asking these questions on the razor forums if he wants to be taken serious.

2.I wish....Forums wee famous for "constructive criticism".
    3.Uh huh.... He can also wait 2 weeks for a reply... nevermind a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuunda View Post
    1.personally i live in america, your welcome to visit and enjoy our freedom of speech anytime you're ready to climb out from under your communist rock.
    Sadly >>> some <<< Americans take that freedom of speech too far and chat shit.

Anyway OP, I did have a Razer Naga which had exactly the problem. I got in contact with the supplier and they exchanged it for another one which works like a beauty. I suggest you do the same and enjoy your mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Inexxa View Post
    Sadly >>> some <<< Americans take that freedom of speech too far and chat shit.

Anyway OP, I did have a Razer Naga which had exactly the problem. I got in contact with the supplier and they exchanged it for another one which works like a beauty. I suggest you do the same and enjoy your mouse
    I hope they'll do the same for me.

I'm not communist, and I'm from America. I don't have to be an ignorant arse to be patriotic.
    Clearly you are not from my america

Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-06-15 at 10:21 AM.

The internet isn't America.
    OMG yes it is! Al Gore invented it FFS learn your history.

OP: I had a problem with a lemon razor mouse, like anything some times the pieces just never work out right *added cause im starting to feel like a troll when im clearly a tauren.*

Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-06-15 at 10:25 AM.