Dualscreen question

Hey, just had a question about using two screens, is there any way i can watch fullscreen youtube videos etc on the non main screen and play wow on the other? Cause atm i cant..

15+ Year Old Account
    Playing in window mode, yes. Just drag your browser to one screen and your game to the other.

Moving to computers forum too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Playing in window mode, yes. Just drag your browser to one screen and your game to the other.

Moving to computers forum too.
    Still not working :/ Tried all three modes

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Play WoW in windowed mode,
    2) put your video on your 2nd screen (whichever your not playing WoW on)
    3) full screen your video in the second screen,
    4) then fullscreen (windowed) WoW.

Make sure you click the box that says extend your desktop

10+ Year Old Account
    Note that watching videos on one screen and having WoW open on the other is verryy taxing on your video card.

Edit: nvm.. Watching youtube videos is fine.. Trying to watch a real video on your other screen is really hard
    Last edited by Skelly; 2011-06-14 at 11:42 PM.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using dual screens for years... tbh I don't know if I could ever to back to a single computer screen! Occasionally I quest on my laptop, and I keep looking to my right for a browser window

Right click anywhere on your desktop, and select "Screen Resolution." Make sure the "Orientation" field is set to "Landscape." You can also select which monitor is your main with the box "Make this my main display." You can also fidget around with the displays labeled 1 & 2, swap them, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    1) Play WoW in windowed mode,
    2) put your video on your 2nd screen (whichever your not playing WoW on)
    3) full screen your video in the second screen,
    4) then fullscreen (windowed) WoW.
    Obviously? :P

---------- Post added 2011-06-14 at 11:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    I've been using dual screens for years... tbh I don't know if I could ever to back to a single computer screen! Occasionally I quest on my laptop, and I keep looking to my right for a browser window

Right click anywhere on your desktop, and select "Screen Resolution." Make sure the "Orientation" field is set to "Landscape." You can also select which monitor is your main with the box "Make this my main display." You can also fidget around with the displays labeled 1 & 2, swap them, etc.
    Using W7, got nothing like that :O

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate as well.

EDIT: in the top address bar its Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Display > Screen Resolution. Maybe you can get there that way?
    Last edited by Toxxie; 2011-06-14 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Visage View Post
    I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate as well.

EDIT: in the top address bar its Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Display > Screen Resolution. Maybe you can get there that way?
    Ah, yea im there, the bottom one got "Multiple screens" (Im not using english, using swelol instead........
    There i got "Expand multiple screens" and i assume thats the same as landscape?

Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    Hey, just had a question about using two screens, is there any way i can watch fullscreen youtube videos etc on the non main screen and play wow on the other? Cause atm i cant..
    I had the same problems whereas I'd maximize the video on Youtube and then Alt-Tab BACK to WoW and the video would go back to embedded mode. I updated to the latest version of Javascript/Player and Adobe Web Player and after that, Youtube video retained it's maximized view. It worked for me, give it a shot.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Deleted
    I just Right click on my desktop, go onto the Catalyst Control Centre, Desktop and Displays, right click the 2nd monitor at the bottom and click Extend.
    Alternatively, you can right click the desktop and click Screen Resolution. Then where it says Multiple Displays, choose Extend these displays.
    Then you can just drag windows across like you already said.

Yea i have extended them, always used that option, but still aint working :/

Its a problem with flashplayer. Flash exits fullscreen when you click out of it (at least this was the behavior when I still had dual monitors). It seems like someone mentioned that updating flash worked well. The other option is to go to youtube.com/html5 and then join the html5 video trial. Now maximizing a youtube video will cause it to fill the browser window. Hitting F11 on your keyboard will put the browser into fullscreen mode. One benefit of this is that you are no longer using flashplayer and so it should be less stressful on your computer.

Also, be aware that not all video on youtube are available in html5, but they will be eventually.

Deleted
    You can't have 2 full-screen applications open at once i think...

I'm using dualscreen (MBP and an external) and when I pay wow i can't have any flash-video in fullscreen (be it youtube or p0rn, dosn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by narlzac85 View Post
    Its a problem with flashplayer. Flash exits fullscreen when you click out of it (at least this was the behavior when I still had dual monitors). It seems like someone mentioned that updating flash worked well. The other option is to go to youtube.com/html5 and then join the html5 video trial. Now maximizing a youtube video will cause it to fill the browser window. Hitting F11 on your keyboard will put the browser into fullscreen mode. One benefit of this is that you are no longer using flashplayer and so it should be less stressful on your computer.

Also, be aware that not all video on youtube are available in html5, but they will be eventually.
    That's actually how all fullscreen programs work. If you click outside, or alt tab, they minimize or exit fullscreen mode. It's how it's supposed to work. Now if the newer flash supports using a "fullscreen window" then it would work. But something running in true fullscreen will exit said mode or minimize if focus is lost.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

I watch movies, youtube, etc. on my second screen. You have to make sure the browser (Like firefox) is on the second monitor, and WoW is on the first. I use Fullscreen(Windowed) mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelly View Post
    Note that watching videos on one screen and having WoW open on the other is verryy taxing on your video card.

Edit: nvm.. Watching youtube videos is fine.. Trying to watch a real video on your other screen is really hard
    Watching mpeg-2 TV captures (or live) were for some reason pretty taxing on my last video card. I'm thinking it wanted to divert all its processing power to either WoW or windows media center, not both. However watching any kind of video (gpu accelerated video or not) on a second screen through a decent player such as media player classic was much less tiresome to get working.
    Quote Originally Posted by narlzac85 View Post
    Its a problem with flashplayer. Flash exits fullscreen when you click out of it (at least this was the behavior when I still had dual monitors). It seems like someone mentioned that updating flash worked well.
    As of a recent update, it's true that fullscreen flash video does not exit out when you steal focus to another program. Before that you had to go nuts with a HEX editor in order to get this working.