How to hack into another computer on the same wireless network?

My old computer recently died, but was the main computer hooked up to my internet router. My router and everything is fine, but I would like to retrieve info off my old computer from my new computer. The only problem is my old computer won't show up on my wireless network on my new computer. Is there a way I can get my old computer to appear on my new one (it is still connected to the wi-fi network) to get those files off there? If so, how?

10+ Year Old Account
    if the "dead system" wont power on, using the network to retrieve files is out of the question.
    your options are either plug the old hdd into your new system directly or if it don't have the proper interface buy an adapter

before you spend any money might wanna give us a better description of what you mean by it being dead, ie it turns on but gives errors or lights turn on but the screen is blank or completely dead no lights fans or anything.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2011-06-15 at 01:42 AM.

Deleted
    Is your computer dead? As in it wont turn on?

Presuming your computer can boot:
    Just directly connect the two machines together with an ethernet cable and pull your files across.

Presuming your computer cannot boot:
    Take the HDD out of your old machine, flip the switch on it to 'slave drive' and place it in your new machine.

Happy to give more substantial advice, but I'd need to know more detail than you've given. Are both machines windows based PCs? The state of the old machine? Etc.